PDA

View Full Version : My Natural Hair Journey - - greatest idea ever.

jenwexler
October 18th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I just got the biggest chop of my life and I have decided to keep an online journal on tumblr to keep track of my growth, health, and theories. I will kick this growth into gear! I think The best thing to do is to be brutally honest about past hair abuse and be extremely natural. I dare anyone with damage to give it a shot as well. Please Please Please check out my hair growth page on tumblr. It explains everything better than I can on here. I am loving my hair diary already....But I would love feedback so I don't feel so alone. Plus I have a new secret weapon I've been using that is on my tumblr =] It is something my family has done for generations that I finally took up. It's called a doobie. the link is

http://jenshairjourney.tumblr.com/

I am eager to hear your opinions and suggestions. I am open to any questions

Pierre
October 18th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Doobie doobie doo ... where are you?
Welcome to LHC!

evampr18
October 19th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Doobie doobie doo ... where are you?
Welcome to LHC!

Thank you for a giggle. :o

evampr18
October 19th, 2010, 12:51 AM
P.S. jenwexler I came to learn about this when I met some dominican friends. At the time i had tail bone length hair and they wanted to see how long it'd take to "doobie" my hair. My hair is straight so it kept falling out and i think they put about 300 pins in my head that night.

P.S.S. I always though it was tubie ??

P.S.S.S. Good luck on your journey, we're all hair addicts here so everyone supports everyone :)

jenwexler
October 20th, 2010, 02:25 AM
thank you all for the support! i hope you guys continue to check out the link =]

N3P3N7H3
October 20th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I'm on the recovery, myself. GO US!!!

jenwexler
October 20th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Anyone else have a tumblr account? I highly recommend it. I find it easier to document on there than on here. I love this site though for the threads and questions.

jenwexler
March 15th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Hey guys it's been a long time since I posted on this thread. Pleaseee check out my tumblr. It's gone a long way. I just made something for when I get 20 followers that I promise will be cool and helpful for many of you. One moreeeee.

braidedbelle
March 16th, 2011, 03:05 PM
i'm in the same boat as you! i'm trying to grow out a few years worth of hair damage abuse. its good to know that there are people here sharing my struggle! and i will definitely check out your tumblr after i finish this post!

jenwexler
March 16th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks! Hope you like it! It's grown a lot since I first started it. Are you starting with a fresh cut?