PDA

View Full Version : am i becoming a natural redhead?

pennyroyal
October 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM
I have noticed that since i have been spending much less time in the sun (due to my broken foot) my hair seems to be changing to an auburn color! I adore red hair so i am stoked but my hair has always been more brown than red. :confused: I guess my mom used to have auburn hair back before she started dyeing it & i guess i do now too! I am hoping it just keeps getting redder. :p We shall see.
Has anyone else experienced their hair naturally changing color (besides gray/white)? It's pretty cool. :)

TinaDenali
October 18th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Before I dyed my hair it would get very noticeably blonder in the summer and darker in the winter. I know that's pretty common, but I used to really love that it did that!! :D

Pretty neat your hair seems redder! You'll have to post a picture :)

GrowingGlory
October 18th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Yes, my hair has become redder over the years. I think that the tap water goes through copper pipes and contains iron oxides, too.

WinterInBloom
October 18th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Yes, my hair color changed naturally. It used to just be a dark brown, with some natural red in the sunlight, but once I got pregnant my hair grew in two shades darker. It's the color of Coca-Cola now, some people mistake it for black. :)

Aria
October 19th, 2010, 01:17 AM
My hair used to be a much darker brown-black, but in the last few years I've noticed it has lightened almost enough to just be called dark brown now. The oddest part is that these days I avoid sun like the plague for what it does to my skin and still don't use anything that's particularly known to lighten (I've only recently started applying coconut oil on a regular basis and only on the ends).

My sister, who doesn't try to stay out of the sun, has a HUGE difference between her roots and ends. People stop her to ask how she gets such a smoothly graduated dye job.

Milui Elenath
October 19th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Yes! I even started a thread about it.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=51202

:)

smileycat
October 19th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Yes, my hair color changed naturally. It used to just be a dark brown, with some natural red in the sunlight, but once I got pregnant my hair grew in two shades darker. It's the color of Coca-Cola now, some people mistake it for black. :)

My hair grew in darker when I was pregnant, too. I did not notice while I was pregnant, but I sure did freak when my roots started coming in lighter a few months postpartum!

tinti
October 19th, 2010, 08:08 AM
My hair used to be copper/strawberry blonde, but now it's a more reddish brown :(

growing2shine
October 19th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Before I started dyeing my hair (I was about 14) I had a really hard time deciding which colour I was. It wasn't light brown, but it wans't blond either. It was more redish but not really red... Now after I have decided to grow out natural I now see that I actually am a redhead/goldenblond! (Yeah I'm still in doubt. But It's also in the eyes of the beholder, some people think that im a redhead and some think that I have goldeblond hair.) But im leaning to redhead also because my hair is darker than it was a few years ago. (I have the same colour as my mom, but she is a curly so our hair colour looks a bit different. And she is known as a redhead!)

pennyroyal
October 19th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Wow, so this seems pretty common then. I wonder if my hair color changed while i was prego too & i just didn't notice. :confused:I am lovin the red in my hair tho & Tina~i will definitley post some pics soon. I gotta get outside on a sunny day so it's noticeable but it's been rainy & cloudy here for days now so it may be awhile. ;)

WinterInBloom
October 19th, 2010, 04:59 PM
My hair grew in darker when I was pregnant, too. I did not notice while I was pregnant, but I sure did freak when my roots started coming in lighter a few months postpartum!

I would have freaked out too! My hair stayed dark rather than go back to it's original color. That's fine by me though, I always wanted my hair to be a little darker.:D