PDA

View Full Version : Martha Stewart Beehive hairdo

Nae
October 18th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I saw this on Martha Stewart this morning and thought it was pretty cute. What a fun costume for long hairs! I could maybe wear this one to work.:cheese:

http://www.marthastewart.com/article/6-hair-raising-costumes?page=2

moonkitty
October 18th, 2010, 02:40 PM
I LOVE IT! I would actually wear that in public (without the plastic bees and fake colors though :)

XcaliburGirl
October 18th, 2010, 02:47 PM
That's cool. I love the surfing one!

ddiana1979
October 18th, 2010, 05:05 PM
I like the beehive one a lot (wondering if silk or satin ribbon would look just as good, but be "safer" than yarn).

The others are pretty, but those Halloween spray dyes make me nervous. I've only used them twice, but they were SO MUCH TROUBLE to get out. When I used it with an updo, I know I broke a ton of hair trying to undo my hair so I could wash it.

Nae
October 19th, 2010, 05:18 AM
I like the beehive one a lot (wondering if silk or satin ribbon would look just as good, but be "safer" than yarn).

The others are pretty, but those Halloween spray dyes make me nervous. I've only used them twice, but they were SO MUCH TROUBLE to get out. When I used it with an updo, I know I broke a ton of hair trying to undo my hair so I could wash it.

Do you think yarn would catch or something? Or that it is just too rough? Just wondering, I thought yarn would be okay but now I am wondering. :confused:

Astarte_1980
October 19th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Here in the Netherlands Martha Stewart is unknown.
But we know Oprah

bgarrison
October 19th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I love this! Thanks for sharing!

TrudieCat
October 19th, 2010, 07:34 AM
This is fabulous! Thanks for posting! Really cute.

As far as yarn being potentially damaging goes - I would imagine that would depend on the fiber content of the yarn. A rougher wool might be damaging as it could rough up the cuticle. But something with a smoother fiber content like cotton, silk, smoother acrylics, or even a smoother wool, would probably be fine. :shrug:

strwbrry dakri
October 19th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Doesn't little Miss Ice have the cutest grin? :)