PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a cone or protein problem?

BelleBot
October 18th, 2010, 04:50 AM
I've had to change my routine since moving to live in a city centre, however I'm having a hard time trying to keep my hair happy.
I used to CO using a cone free conditioner, though now that isn't feasible and I have to use shampoo again. I decided to try Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Collection and go back to cones and sulphates.

At first my hair seemed to instantly improve. However after a couple of weeks my hair is great just after washing, but the next day my hair clumps together, feels dry, loses it shine and gets rather velcro like. Also oils, butters and leave ins don't do much to help. I've never had problems with protein before, though I am aware this range of hair care contains lots of protein, hydrolysed silk I think. Does this sound like a problem with too much protein or is this a problem with going back to cones after so long without?

I've recently started trying Tresemme Naturals which is low sulphate and cone free and my hair does seem to be improving. But I'm still curious as to what happened with the Herbal Essences, I want to finish the bottles off but I'm wary in case it'll damage my hair.

julliams
October 18th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Could it be build-up? Perhaps clarify and see what happens.

BelleBot
October 18th, 2010, 05:03 AM
I did think about build up and have clarified since which did help. Just seems odd that one day my hair is great, the next day it's horrid, I've only had problems with build up over time and if I'm not using shampoo. The time frame seems too short :shrug:

jojo
October 18th, 2010, 05:14 AM
funny I tried the beautiful ends conditioner (red bottle) a few months back and found the same, I think its a cone issue, maybe theres too many for our hair? Try watering the products down see if that makes any difference, in the past when my hair doesnt much care for a product this has worked.

I also see we are both fine hairs, too heavy for our hair type. The timotae (sp) is a lot better and only a quid from pound shops!

Coffeebug
October 18th, 2010, 12:52 PM
My hair went goopy and wrong with Herbal Essences too.

KittyLost
October 19th, 2010, 08:47 AM
My herbal essences beautiful ends stopped working for me after going through two tubs consistantly. I took a break from it and recently went back to using it and it's been fine.