PDA

View Full Version : Back to coppery red and BANGS !!

UltraBella
October 17th, 2010, 11:28 PM
So, after all the back and forth, natural or copper red, will my roots drive me nuts, etc....... I went for it and applied Garnier Herbashine #645 copper mahogany brown. It took four boxes and I almost had to open a fifth. Thank goodness I ended up buying seven boxes total because it was on sale. Lol, I didn't want to run out. This is a no ammonia demi color.
I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, I will NEVER EVER EVER attempt to apply color to my whole head without help again. Yikes. That was something.
And I cut bangs like a week ago. So, here are some pics.
My hair is still wet. It is not that dark on the bottom, just wet. I only dried my bangs so they wouldn't look nuts :)
I know a lot of you liked my natural color, but I missed the red. So happy to have it back !!

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0547.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0539.jpg

I know, it's a BAD *VERY* BAD braid...... but my hair was wet and it's hard to braid anyway so I wasn't planning on taking a pic of it. I hate how my layers take away the thickness at the bottom. But, I love my layers too much to grow them out.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0551.jpg

My favorite one !!! My daughter decided to sneak in for a kiss :)

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0549.jpg

So, what do you all think ?

Islandgrrl
October 17th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Bella, it's AWESOME! :thud:

christine1989
October 17th, 2010, 11:43 PM
It looks great! :) The color really compliments your skin tone and green eyes.

Dragon
October 17th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Looks great :)

serious
October 17th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Looks awesome!

lundmir
October 18th, 2010, 12:06 AM
I think your natural color is beautiful, but you are STUNNING with red. Congratulations!

ericthegreat
October 18th, 2010, 12:13 AM
That shade is just perfect for you!!!!!!! As a fellow hairstylist, I agree that you have to do what personally suits your personality. That's why I've changed my color so many times myself. Sure, I know that my natural jet black color suits me quite well, but knowing what I know about haircoloring it would be foolish for me NOT to experiment with other colors and tones. I've been all three, a brunette, a redhead, and now I'm a blonde and I've enjoyed them all.

This copper mahogany shade works wonderfully on you. It adds so much more richness and depth to your hair. I personally liked it better when you had longer, side swept bangs but these new straight bangs look good on you as well. The straight bangs gives you a sweeter appearance, whereas the longer side swept bangs gives you a more mature look. But then again I'm a bit biased since I have side swept bangs myself. :p

UltraBella
October 18th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Ericthegreat, as the mother of an about to be 15 year old, I think I will embrace the sweet and stay away from the mature for now ;) Lol !

Elenna
October 18th, 2010, 12:21 AM
UltraBelle, I just love red hair with your pretty green eyes. And your thick braid is to die for.

ericthegreat
October 18th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Ahh I see. ;)

And might I add, you don't nearly look old enough to have a teenaged daughter. :) You look beautiful and so vibrant, it shows that you have a zest for life.

MissManda
October 18th, 2010, 12:27 AM
I think the coppery red looks fantastic on you! :flower:

Sooze
October 18th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Bella, I love the look - the colour is beautiful and soooo suits you!

Lisa R
October 18th, 2010, 12:35 AM
PERFECT choice! It looks 'you'!! You look fantastic being a red haired person. It looks gorgeous with green eyes and clear smooth complexion. Beautiful!

UltraBella
October 18th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Guess what I just noticed !!!! I have these funny green eyes and the sunburst of color around my pupil matches my new color EXACTLY ! See, I knew I should be a redhead ;)

Konstifik
October 18th, 2010, 01:29 AM
STUNNING! :cheer:

I am also going to back to red this week! Thank you for the motivation! :D

TinaDenali
October 18th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Sooooo awesome! I love the color and the bangs look great on you!!

wackyredtangles
October 18th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Your hair looks awesome!

(And you are an incredibly gorgeous lady in a totally non creepy way. I love those eyes! :) )

Loreley
October 18th, 2010, 01:47 AM
It's amazing! :D

eamane
October 18th, 2010, 01:58 AM
That's a gorgeous color on you, very nice :)

Dolly
October 18th, 2010, 02:03 AM
I think it looks GREAT Bella! And the main thing is that YOU are happy with it!!

Irnann
October 18th, 2010, 02:08 AM
Very beautiful! It looks great with your green eyes;)!!!

Toadstool
October 18th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Gorgeous colour!! And I love it that your daughter sneaked in!

jojo
October 18th, 2010, 02:46 AM
I love it, you are so very beautiful. Its so you!

TiaKitty
October 18th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Looks great, Lady!

BelleBot
October 18th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Wow that colour really brings out your eyes, it's fabulous.
Being a redhead is very much about personality as well as aesthetics, glad you love it! :D

CrisDee
October 18th, 2010, 05:18 AM
The red does look fantastic on you - I was wondering how long it would be before you missed it ;)

I also tried ditching the red last year, when it was uber short - dyed it "medium" brown, figured that was the closest thing to my natural color (which I haven't seen in 20 years, so how would I really know? :D). But it only took about 2 days to realize that I REALLY missed the red! To me, brown hair is just something you have, and blonde is all about the look - but a redhead is who you are! :)

Carolyn
October 18th, 2010, 05:46 AM
It looks great on you. Oh those green eyes!

JenniferNoel
October 18th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Wow, what a beautiful color! I must say, you absolutely rock those bangs. Good move cutting them!
I'm glad you followed your desires with going back to coppery red. It's such a vibrant, youthful color and it goes perfectly with your skin tone.

linda g
October 18th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Lovely color! And I adore the pic with your daughter, so sweet!

punkcatknitter
October 18th, 2010, 07:31 AM
I lust after your so-called 'bad braid'. lol. So glad you love it! It does look fabulous, as does your lipstick! And you and your daughter both have really gorgeous eyes!

smileycat
October 18th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Oh, the red absolutely suits you, both your coloring and your personality that comes through in your posts. Great choice!

luthien_belewen
October 18th, 2010, 07:55 AM
You are so cute! I agree that the red hair suits you very well. What is your natural color? I'm curious...

UltraBella
October 18th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Luthien, I am naturally a dark ash blonde but I don't really care for it. It washes me out.

Thanks for all the positive responses ! I am glad I am not the only one that likes it :)

KittyLost
October 18th, 2010, 08:14 AM
I love the bangs and the red :) You're stunning!

audreeov
October 18th, 2010, 08:19 AM
That looks gorgeous... It goes very well with both your eyes and your skin tone. :D

cindy58
October 18th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Good color!

spidermom
October 18th, 2010, 08:32 AM
It sounds like you did the right thing, and it looks good on you.

TrudieCat
October 18th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Love it! It looks awesome!!

jera
October 18th, 2010, 08:57 AM
You look so beautiful with that color. It accents your eyes. Love it. ;)

triumphator!
October 18th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Beautiful as usual :)

CourtneyBee
October 18th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Your hair, yes is always fantastic but your eyes are the star of this show honey!

breezefaerie
October 18th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Bella, it's so pretty on you!

Lianna
October 18th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I really appreciate you posting this. I'm using a 6.43 hair dye and always wondered what 6.45 would look like on a real person, since we can't trust the picture on the box and it was way too red for me.

Nontheless I wanted a little more red in my hair, just not much. I'll try this color next, and think I'll be very pleased.

Your hair is wonderful. :)

YesitsReal
October 18th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Your hair looks lovely!! I've been thinking about going red, well, since I was a teenager. I also have ashy blonde hair, though mine is a bit lighter. I think you've inspired me to take the plunge!

strwbrry dakri
October 18th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Gorgeous! I have to ask - where on Earth did you get all those eyelashes? They are incredible.

I like your daughter's spunkiness.

DuckyDot
October 18th, 2010, 11:22 AM
You look so good with the new colour! :) I'm glad you love it!!

BrightEyes7
October 18th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Looks great!!!!

GRU
October 18th, 2010, 11:50 AM
UB, I think you could have pink-and-purple-polka-dotted hair and it would look gorgeous! LOL

I'm going to just say "ditto" to all the compliments listed above... the new(old) color really is "you"!

UltraBella
October 18th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Strwbrry dakri, my daughter's eyelashes are twice as long as mine, it's rediculous ! Next time I will remember to put mascara on them for you, so you can really get a good look at them ;)

I have gotten so many compliments today for my clients ! Everyone has said they liked my natural color just fine but now that I have the red back on they love it. Everyone has said my skin and eyes comes alive with the red. I cringe when I think of all the time and effort and money I put into trying to go back to my blonde. I even bleached ! Oops............ Thank goodness my hair is indestructible :)

swivelhop
October 18th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Ultra that's gorgeous! You are a natural redhead inside and out, someone just didn't get the memo.;)

Oskimosa
October 18th, 2010, 03:28 PM
It really does compliment your complexion quite well. Glad you are happy with your choice, it looks great!

prosperina
October 18th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Beautiful color! Totally makes your eyes pop! :)

CaliRose
October 18th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Beautiful!

Qwackie
October 18th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Tou look great with bangs. You've got really pretty eyes, too.

yellowchariot
October 18th, 2010, 04:09 PM
I think your hair looks amazing no matter what you do to it, because you know how to wear it. Thus, those bangs suit you well, and that color looks great! It also makes your green eyes stand out. Your braid is ridiculously thick, pure awesome'ness! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Quixii
October 18th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Not only is the colour really pretty, but it compliments your beauty wonderfully. :)

2peasinapod
October 18th, 2010, 05:34 PM
It looks stunning! I never saw any of your other photos, so I thought the red was your natural color. It really suits you! :)

pennyroyal
October 18th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Wow, UltraBella~your eyes are gorgeous!
Anyways...i love the red & your bangs look great! Red hair is so awesome & it looks very natural on you. Love it.

Nae
October 18th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Nice color, it really suits you! The bangs really set off your pretty eyes as well.

evampr18
October 18th, 2010, 11:43 PM
You look Ultra Bella like your name would suggest :) Gorgeous, I love the color.

FrannyG
October 20th, 2010, 06:54 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread for 2 days, but I'm so happy that I found it! You look lovely with the copper shade and your bangs are adorable. You're right; you pull off the red look very well. It's great that you just went for it! :blossom:

UltraBella
October 20th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks, FrannyG, I have no regrets at all. Really loving it ! And my bangs too :) They are just long enough for me to pin them back and pretend I don't have any if I want to, it's the best of both worlds.

FrannyG
October 20th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks, FrannyG, I have no regrets at all. Really loving it ! And my bangs too :) They are just long enough for me to pin them back and pretend I don't have any if I want to, it's the best of both worlds.

No, I couldn't imagine you'd have any regrets! I know you went back and forth on your decision, but in your heart you knew what was right for you.

I loved it when you said that you can pin your bangs back if you want to. It's so good to hear people talk about their bangs being versatile.

Luckysock
October 20th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I agree with everyone -Totally AWESOME!!!! You made the right choice :D

Cheeks1206
October 20th, 2010, 09:18 PM
It looks great! :) The color really compliments your skin tone and green eyes.

What she said. It looks great!

little_cherry
October 20th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Looks lovely, UltraBella! :)

Henrietta
October 21st, 2010, 03:20 AM
Great colour. And it looks awesome with your eyes! :) Congratulations on managing the whole process of putting the dye on:D