PDA

View Full Version : Quit the Trim Challenge

<3OnHerSleeve
October 17th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Ok, well here's my story: I have slow hair growth and trimming whether self or hairdresser always ends up making my progress pretty slow. So I've decided to challenge myself to a no-trims until December 2011.
I will be cutting off split ends off once a month, but aside from that: NO TRIMS.

Anyone interested in joining just state how long you're on your own personal challenge for and let us know if you find you have progress or not :)

So let's begin: today is the day I have decided to quit trimming (after being slightly addicted whenever I saw those split ends). My last trim was a month or two ago. :pumpkin:

spidermom
October 17th, 2010, 03:42 PM
I did this from mid-2008 to mid-2009 and found that my hair grows 7 inches a year without trims, but rather unevenly. I was averaging about 5-1/2 inches per year with trims, so the difference wasn't huge. Best wishes for your no-trim year.

ddiana1979
October 17th, 2010, 03:50 PM
I'm in! Dec. 2011 might be a bit long for me (I have layers that I'd eventually like to even out a bit), but I'll commit to at least June 2011.

RachieBaby
October 17th, 2010, 03:52 PM
ahhhh im trying to do this :D but im starting out small as im worried my hair will grow awfully uneven lol Im just trying to get to December 2010 haha (I cant trim my own hair... it would end up terrible) My last trim was August 2010 :)

Good luck with your goal! :D i'll be keeping a close eye on this thread :)

MissCoco
October 17th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Oh, I'm definitely in. I recently cut off about 6 inches of my hair (long story) and I'm terribly impatient to get it all back. I've decided to go for no trims for at least a year! So, I'm going to do only S&D until December 2011 as well. :) Plus, I've never measured my yearly growth rate...:ponder:

Avital88
October 17th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I'm in too! My last trim was in may 2010 and before that it was october 2009.
So i haven't had a haircut for 5months..I did cut off 0.5inch myself last month because it was so thin but i dont count that one..I will cut off some split ends tomorrow,because thats really necessary as what
i saw today :s
I'm not sure if i will make it untill December 2011, but may 2011 probably.
1 year without a hair cut..I'm curious..When i was 15 i didnt trim for 9months and my hair went from APL to almost waist!!!
Right now i need 1,5 inch to waist,hope i'll be there before December..
Good luck everyone..

<3OnHerSleeve
October 17th, 2010, 04:30 PM
hello girls, glad you joined the party :) My hair grows unevenly too but its easy to hide it with my hair: curly and fizzy hides a lot hence the need for long hair to weigh it down. here's hoping this works, not trimming worked for me years ago and I'm hoping it will again :)

and *gasp* JEALOUS Avital88 wish my hair was that long, and grew that fast! lol

tinti
October 17th, 2010, 05:10 PM
I'm in! Last time I cut my hair was May 2010, so I'll go for May 2011, maybe June so that I can see how much my hair grows in a year. Didn't measure often before LHC.

FoxRain
October 17th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I'm in too. I'll go for December 2011 too :D

jojo
October 17th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Me I will join dunno if I will make it until December but i will try. Maybe I can get to hip length doing this.

good luck everybody!

selenechiba
October 17th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I'm in! I'll try for December 2011 as well. Here's hoping it'll kick my random freak out sessions with the scissors. Best wishes to us all!

Smile4Kiki
October 17th, 2010, 07:06 PM
I'm in! Haven't cut my hair since April 2010. I'm going to shoot for April 2011 and *hopefully* make it to a full year :cheese:

<3OnHerSleeve
October 18th, 2010, 02:24 AM
woohoo, that's the spirit girls.

Lozzie
October 18th, 2010, 03:44 AM
Go on then, im in too. Last cut June 2010. Was bsl then. Been having bad sheds due to post partum hair loss from May but really dont want to cut. Hair is about 2" away from waist now so doing quite well.. Cant wait to see where it will be June 2010...

JenniferNoel
October 18th, 2010, 06:07 AM
December 2011 for me as well, I don't know if my hair and I can make it but it's worth a try!
None of it is damage anymore so it's a good time to shoot for a trimless year of growth.
It may just look so bad by then though, the way my hair grows, I'll have to trim a good amount by then, but I think the amount of growth by that time will take me straight to hip.

Theobroma
October 18th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Wow, I just posted in the No Trimming Club that I plan not to trim until Dec 2011, and now this thread pops up! Yup, I'm in. Dec 2011 should be when I reach hip, if current rates of growth are anything to go by.

Pixna
October 18th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Sure, I'm in. I only dust about every four to six months, so this is a no-brainer for me. :)

Little_Bird
October 18th, 2010, 08:09 AM
I confess that I've been quite adicted to trimming lately as well, and I do have a hemline already but I've been wondering... and I think I'd like to go all the way to 120 cm now. I'm at about 108 and I really wanted to go for it without any more trims. I've been revisiting the faerytale ends idea and all, so we'll see...

If I do this it will be just untill right after 120 cm. I'll try :)

Good luck everyone! :flowers:

Jenn of Pence
October 18th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I shall join this challenge. I'm sure that eventually my hair will benefit from trims in the future, but it's been six months (April 2010) since my last cut, and I've rehabilitated my ends to look and feel quite nice despite moderate heat styling before LHC. While I won't commit to a very long time frame since I will eventually trim off previous damage, I sort of want to see how long I can go. I am comfortable to say I'll not trim until April 2011, and maybe I'll even be able to go longer. One year is surely longer than I've ever gone without a trim! My ends would just get dry and velcroey and I'd hack 'em...now I know how to fix them!

Mexibeach
October 18th, 2010, 10:59 AM
I'm in!!! I don't plan on cutting for at least 2 yrs - from this past May. So far so good.... :)

Rocket22
October 18th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I'm in I'm in!!!! I kinda wanted to try this anyway.... Last cut was August so will try to go till December 2011

Smile4Kiki
December 14th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Just checking in to see how everyone's doing/bump the thread

I had a semi-trim a few weeks ago but it was only to even out my hair which was longer in front from the bob I had cut in april. My DBF snipped about an inch off the front and now my hair is pretty much all the same length and a lot less awkward-looking. My mom offered to take me to the hair salon for my bday tomorrow but after much consideration (and guilt about quitting the challenge) I've decided to decline and ask to get my nails done instead.

xladolcevitax
December 15th, 2010, 11:11 PM
I'm in! Last trim was April 2010 and before that it was June 2009.

I would like to go all the way to April 2012 without a trim but I may trim at the end of December 2011 if it really needs it. Since April ive gained a lot of length.

No trimming is definately the way to go for reaching goals the fastest.
I get so discouraged when I lose length, even if my ends look/feel better. Its just not worth it to me when im growing it.

Luckily I dont really mind having fairytale ends until I reach my goal of hip!

Jenw777
December 16th, 2010, 12:50 AM
I'm not trimming next year. I'll S&D but that's it.