PDA

View Full Version : My First Trim in 3 Years

Lilacs
October 17th, 2010, 01:07 PM
I haven't had my hair even trimmed in about 3 years, but yesterday I finally worked myself up and gave myself a trim! I cut an entire inch off :p, and that was as much as I could stand :D. It was really hard to get myself to cut ANYTHING off, but now that I'm over that hill my plan is to do micro-trims every so often :thumbsup:

Here is everything I cut off, it's pathetic but it was as much as I could handle at once :D
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/FairyDustPrincess/c748504ef4e9.jpg

There's no point in posting before and after pictures of the whole length because you wouldn't be able to tell anything. But it does feel different :p!

UltraBella
October 17th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Awww !!! What a cute tiny pile of hair !!!

Dragon
October 17th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I could never handle taking off that much hair. When I have done mine I take of less than half of that. You are brave:)

Kome
October 17th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Haha. That is too cute. I normally cute and inch off every few months or so. I was doing it every month, but my hair was really damaged. It's better now and now I don't need to, but oddly... I WANT to! I love the way freshly trimmed hair feels. I just don't love it getting shorter when you do it. Haha.

Yozhik
October 17th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Yay for your trim! I'm glad to hear it seems to have made a difference on your hair without visually changing the length :)

Oh, and could you tell me what method you used for trimming? I'm considering a self-trim, and since we have similar hairtypes I was wondering what technique you used. Thanks!

jojo
October 17th, 2010, 03:25 PM
ohhhhh you rebel all that hair to waste! ha ha! glad your now happy and yes it does make a huge difference doesn't it.

triumphator!
October 17th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Aw good job being brave :)

Qwackie
October 17th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I expected some huge pile of hair, and then I saw that little pile and was like "Woah." Yeah, didn't expect that little.

IcarusBride
October 17th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Hehehe I know how you feel. I trim 0.5" every 3 months, totaling about 2" a year, but thinking of cutting 2" off all at once is horrifying.

Carolyn
October 17th, 2010, 05:58 PM
It's all about taking baby steps to our dream hair. Glad you are happy with it.

Speckla
October 17th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Little pile! Cute scissors! Good job.

christine1989
October 17th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Way to go! I trimmed about 2 milimeters off in October and it took me a week to get over. A whole inch is a big step! :)

spidermom
October 17th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I'm glad the trim went well.

Lilacs
October 18th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks everyone! Lol, my family was like 'what ever' but I felt like it was a big deal, haha :D. That's why I love LHC :)

Yay for your trim! I'm glad to hear it seems to have made a difference on your hair without visually changing the length :)

Oh, and could you tell me what method you used for trimming? I'm considering a self-trim, and since we have similar hairtypes I was wondering what technique you used. Thanks!
Yeah! I just parted my hair down the middle, split it in half and pulled each half over each shoulder, carefully pulled the hair straight until it was all evenly stretched down, and cut straight across. I cut it the same on both sides and then joined them together in front of me and made sure they were even to each other. My hair was also dry and I had brushed it out first :). Probably not much of a "technique" or anything, but that's all I did :)

Hehehe I know how you feel. I trim 0.5" every 3 months, totaling about 2" a year, but thinking of cutting 2" off all at once is horrifying.
Yes! I know it's going to add up to the same length being cut off anyway, but I would rather do it a little at a time then all at once :D

Little pile! Cute scissors! Good job.
I just bought the scissors and they are my first pair of hair scissors :D I'm not usually a rainbow person, but for some reason I was in the mood for rainbow rather than plain black :)

Lilacs
October 18th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Way to go! I trimmed about 2 milimeters off in October and it took me a week to get over. A whole inch is a big step! :)

I was very disappointed because I had grown a whole inch in August so my hair was 39" and I was only 1 away from 40, but now I'm back to 38"...:p

jasper
October 18th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Heh! I have done a trim like that before. And having a v hemline that was fairy tailing, I took off about an inch and a half at least and it did not amount to much hair either.

jenwexler
October 18th, 2010, 08:17 PM
I just joined =] And I did the [semi]big chop. there is still damage at the ends but, I have enough hair to make a mini pony tail...sort of...and I apparently won't need a trim for a while =]

evampr18
October 18th, 2010, 11:24 PM
I am sorry, but that is adorable! :)