PDA

View Full Version : Balinese creambath

kitten1986
October 17th, 2010, 05:41 AM
does anyone know what this is?
I had it done on my hair while I was on vacation and it made my hair really super shiny!!!
They rubbed a thick mixture in the roots and did an amazing scalp massage, then rubbed it through the length and left it for about 5 mins. Then the girl washed it twice and conditioned it.
Finally before she dried it she put what she called "hair tonic" in it.
The results were pretty amazing on my damaged dull hair I would LOVE to know how to recreate this at home

pilateschick7
October 17th, 2010, 08:52 AM
It sounds really interesting, I didn't find much on at home self made options:(
http://www.balinesespaproducts.com/spa-products/natural-shampoo-and-conditioner.html

aenflex
October 17th, 2010, 10:53 AM
If you are still in Bali as your other post indicates, why not ask someone there? Perhaps the salon you had the treatment at?

I just realized how snotty this looked. I didn't mean it that way at all. Just saying that if there is something I love like that, I am sure to covet and hunt the exact ingredients down :)

Demetrue
October 17th, 2010, 11:10 AM
From what I have read, the cream bath involves a neck, shoulder and scalp massage using "ginger cold cream" and a hair masque using fresh aloe vera, coconut, avocado, mint leaves and hibiscus. I don't know if they use coconut oil, milk or pulp and I don't know how they incorporate the hibiscus into the mix. I read first they shampoo hair, then apply cream bath, wrap head in warm steamed towels, then shampoo again and condition.

melikai
October 17th, 2010, 02:33 PM
From what I have read, the cream bath involves a neck, shoulder and scalp massage using "ginger cold cream" and a hair masque using fresh aloe vera, coconut, avocado, mint leaves and hibiscus. I don't know if they use coconut oil, milk or pulp and I don't know how they incorporate the hibiscus into the mix. I read first they shampoo hair, then apply cream bath, wrap head in warm steamed towels, then shampoo again and condition.

mmm! That sounds heavenly! :cloud9:

ktani
October 17th, 2010, 02:49 PM
I have looked at a few links and the ingredients all vary.

"Traditional Hair Creambath
Cool off with our creambath, including fresh fruit, Aloe Vera, or Carrot, depending on your hair type. Avocado : moisturizes dry hair, Lime : stops dandruff, Carrot : for normal dan dry hair, cures split ends, Aloe Vera : for normal hair, helps promote growth, Candle Nut : prevents hair loss and promotes growth, Coconut Milk : for very dry hair, moisturizes and gives shine."
http://www.balihealthandspa.com/martha_tilaar/descriptions.html

In this one the Cream Bath and Conditioner are identical.
"Natural Hair Cream Bath Aloe Vera, frangipani, avocado, ylang-ylang, jasmine, magnolia, lemon grass, strawberry, rose, orange
Natural Hair Conditioner Aloe Vera, frangipani, avocado, ylang-ylang, jasmine, magnolia, lemon grass, strawberry, rose, orange"
http://www.balinesespa.com/Balispa/massage-oil-essential-oils-vco-lulur.html

"BALINESE HAIR CREAM BATH
Traditional Balinese Hair Cream Bath to tender all the muscles of neck and shoulder as well as to nourishing the roots of the hair and to give vitality to the hair by using fresh aloe vera and hibiscus."
http://www.balinesespa.com/Balispa/balinese-haircreambath.html

kitten1986
October 18th, 2010, 09:11 AM
If you are still in Bali as your other post indicates, why not ask someone there? Perhaps the salon you had the treatment at?

I just realized how snotty this looked. I didn't mean it that way at all. Just saying that if there is something I love like that, I am sure to covet and hunt the exact ingredients down :)

Haha its ok... not snotty at all :D I am still in Bali, leaving tomorrow :( but on wonderful chance I found some "creambath" product in the supermarket while I was hunting for some coconut oil I also found the tonic they used on my hair right next to it!!!
So I stocked up... it is oh so cheap! I bought 2 big containers of the creambath and one tonice for about 6 USD !!! :cheese:

when I get home I will post the exact ingredients here for your perusal :)

ktani
October 18th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Haha its ok... not snotty at all :D I am still in Bali, leaving tomorrow :( but on wonderful chance I found some "creambath" product in the supermarket while I was hunting for some coconut oil I also found the tonic they used on my hair right next to it!!!
So I stocked up... it is oh so cheap! I bought 2 big containers of the creambath and one tonice for about 6 USD !!! :cheese:

when I get home I will post the exact ingredients here for your perusal :)

Very nice. It is always great fo find what one is looking for and at a great price too!

Carriegirl
October 18th, 2010, 10:44 AM
That sounds heavenly! I'm so glad you found the products too!! I, for one, will be watching and waiting for your next post with the ingredients list! I'd love to try this!

I hope you had a terrific vacation, and safe travels home ;-)

WinterInBloom
October 18th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I'll be waiting to hear more about this too, it's sounds like heaven for hair! :)

dragonette@1
October 18th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Cannot wait to see the ingredients! Sounds so great for our hair!

podo
October 19th, 2010, 08:24 AM
I think I need to go to Bali...

strwbrry dakri
October 19th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I think I need to go to Bali...

I'm with you!

Spike
October 19th, 2010, 04:36 PM
I'm with you!

Ooooh, a hair care tour? Cream baths in Bali, and then scalp massage in Sweden, and then? Anyone else have a suggested stop on the itenerary? :drama:

kitten1986
October 19th, 2010, 09:34 PM
ok so I survived the horrific red eye flight back to Australia this morning

the tonic that I bought was Garnier Neril

http://www.smallflower.com/garnier/neril-reactive-hair-tonic-200-ml-liquid.html

but I threw out the box and there are no ingredients on the bottle sorry :(

and the creambath I bought is called "good avocado creambath emulsion" (the stupid baggage handlers were abit rough with my luggage so one of my jars split open :mad: grr )

but here are the ingredients ;

aqua, cetyl stearyl alcohol, white mineral oil, trimethyl hexadecyl ammonium chloride, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, cetth-5, dimethicone, glycerine, propyl paraben, parfume, avocado extract, butoxy hydroxy toulen, d-panethol, methyl paraben, ci 19140, benzyl alcohol

Ok well there is is copied directly from the back of the jar, it has abit of cone in it but my hair loves it so it doesnt matter to me :)

it also seems that my hair grew quite abit while I was in Bali... must have been all that humidity!!! I also picked up my very first hairstick (well 2 prongs does that make it a fork?) beautifully carved out of dark wood for about 2$ australian (15000 IDR )