PDA

View Full Version : Hair cut (2 inches!!! YIKES!!)

Mariah!!
October 16th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Okay Okay, I know what you may be thinking.... 2 inches? Pffffffft!

Well I didn't want a CUT! I just wanted a short trim. By that I mean like less than half an inch. Actually I just wanted them to... Ya know...... hold the scissors UNDER my hair and the hair would cut LONGER not shorter when you snip.... :p

Okay I was so sad when I saw it. When I saw that it was so short... I balled for like 30 min.....

(wait for it)

In my MOMS ARMS! Yeah! Yeah I cried cause 2 inches got trimmed off my hair. It's just that its like a blunt straight across cut. Now Its like 28 inches which is on me.... just an inch or 2 below my bra strap. It's at an awkward stage with no more layers to make it better. I don't want to make layers or change it to a more U or V hemline cause then it would be shorter. I cant STAND my hair now!! Even if it is healthy!! :undecided I don't want to look at it, touch it, try new things with it anymore.... I can't fix this.. What can I do?

So anything out there that will grow my hair super fast?? I have heard good things about that stuff diatematious earth.... what do you think?
851036d9-635a-4ba9-8524-78e6b292dc4c

Yarn Muse
October 17th, 2010, 12:01 AM
I don't know anything personally about ditemaceous earth...but I was thinking...2 inches SEEMS like a lot right now, but that's only about four months' growth if you grow at an average rate. By New Years' you will be almost back where you were. That's really a short time in the scheme of things.

Right now it seems like you HATE it. I know every time I get a haircut (and I'm growing out old color so I'm not really long yet) it ALWAYS feels strange for a while. Give yourself some time. Your hair is still plenty long to do all kinds of styles, updos, etc., with.

There's nothing you can do to magically grow it back right now, BUT, every day it is growing longer. Just have patience. ((Hugs))

pepperminttea
October 17th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Experiment with updos? Particularly braided ones - the joy of a blunt hemline and no layers is thick braids right to the ends, and no sticky-outy bits to crash the party. :)

Dragon
October 17th, 2010, 12:57 AM
I'm sorry this happend. The only advice I can give you is to keep it up and forget about it till it grows back. And it might be worth trying to lern to trim it your self.

HintOfMint
October 17th, 2010, 01:04 AM
I'm sorry that you had a bad haircut. I suppose the only advice is, get the frustration out of your system, and once that is done, you'll realize that your hair probably still looks quite nice.

jojo
October 17th, 2010, 06:09 AM
I had 1.5" cut off last month and too ended at 28". My hair was growing but not retaining the length, however its a month tomorrow since my cut and guess what? I have grown a full inch this month! not bad seeming as I normally only get 3" a year!! sometimes a good cut which gets rid of any damage is what is needed to help retain the length!

fairyskyla
October 17th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Hi,

I totally feel your pain..that's why I now trim my own hair. But don't worry just consider this a fresh start..your hair will grow back in no time.

Fairy Hugs,
Fairy Skyla

FrannyG
October 17th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Well, I am so sorry that you had that experience. :blossom:

Very few people anywhere really know what a half an inch looks like, unfortunately. It's really a tiny amount to the average hairstylist.

There are a lot of excellent stylists who do know how to trim a tiny bit of long hair, but you have to be able to find them.

Your hair is certainly long enough for you to use Feye's Self-Trimming Method (http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim). For better or for worse, no one but me has cut my hair for over 4 years now. I've had to do some big cuts due to damage, but mostly, I just do tiny regular trims these days.

In the big picture, please remember that those two inches will be back very soon, and in the meantime, cutting a gentle U in your hair will only cause you to lose a tiny amount of hair on the sides; not at the back of your length, so you can still consider it.

You might also do a search for "compact layering method" which a lot of people use to get long layers, if they don't want to go to a salon.

It will all be okay. Maybe not today but very soon. And seriously, you are very blessed if your hair is healthy. Try to keep that in mind. :grouphug:

Sunny_side_up
October 17th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Aww, least your mum was with you to offer support :) Like others have said, you'll get that back, looks like you have had good growth. Your hair will feel nicer and hopefully you'll adjust to it pretty quickly:flower:
I'm not sure about that stuff, are you taking vitamins and minerals already? What do you feel about scalp massaging? Good luck with your growing journey:)

cleanbug
October 17th, 2010, 06:38 AM
I am the same way after haircuts. i trim mine about every 5-6 months. it is usually sort of snarly on the ends & i look forward to my trim & almost everytime, after a trim, i cant stand my hair for about 2-3 weeks & then i get used to it & continue growing.
maybe once we get to the length we want, it wont bother us so much to get it trimmed.
2" is a lot though. i can understand your dissapointment.

KittyLost
October 17th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Sorry to hear they cut off more than you wanted but just think how thick and lovely your braids will look now, and with the recent suggestion somewhere on the board that braids could make your hair grow faster your hair will look great and have gained 2inches in no time :)

As Yarn Muse said New Year is not that far away.