PDA

View Full Version : Conditioning hair

Missie
October 16th, 2010, 09:17 PM
I learned a great new tip from my new hair dresser. She said that our hair porous, similar to a sponge.
Her tip is to shampoo your hair, towel dry it, then apply your conditioner followed by the rinse as normal. The towel dry hair will soak up the conditioner more efficiently like a dry sponge.
I've done it twice now and it makes a difference.

pepperminttea
October 16th, 2010, 09:46 PM
I don't go as far as to towel-dry it, but I do squeeze the water out of my length before I put my conditioner on. It definitely does make a difference. :)

christine1989
October 16th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Hmmm... I have never thought about it but it does make sense; without all the water coating the hair the pores will probobly be able to absorb conditioner better. I will definatly be trying this next time I take a shower. Thanks for the tip! :)

Dars
October 17th, 2010, 12:36 AM
A lot of members also put conditioner on dry hair to soak in for a bit before they start washing.

Dars
October 17th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Double post sorry.

Dreams_in_Pink
October 17th, 2010, 12:45 AM
I always squeeze my hair and then apply conditioner. I never rinse it out. Conditioner disappears right away if i rinse it out :(

HintOfMint
October 17th, 2010, 12:47 AM
I don't know if I'd want to get out of the shower, towel dry, apply conditioner and then get back in on a regular basis, but it's definitely food for thought.

Dragon
October 17th, 2010, 12:50 AM
I have also been told this but I dont do this. I always squeeze my hair and then apply conditioner

Coffeebug
October 17th, 2010, 12:24 PM
I don't know if I'd want to get out of the shower, towel dry, apply conditioner and then get back in on a regular basis, but it's definitely food for thought.

Yeah that's my hitch with it too - it makes great sense to me but... I can't be faffed!

Niwa
October 17th, 2010, 01:43 PM
A lot of members also put conditioner on dry hair to soak in for a bit before they start washing.That's what I do. I find that putting conditioner on dry hair leaves my hair softer and also makes detangling easier.

virgo75
October 17th, 2010, 02:10 PM
I've been doing that recently and it does make a difference. :agree:

I don't get out of the shower, I have a radiator near the end of my bathtub so I either keep my hair towel there or hang it over the shower curtain rod- and use the towel to squeeze the water out of my hair. Then I put it back and apply my conditioner. I never have to leave the shower. :D