PDA

View Full Version : Would your man do this for you?

sunnylee
October 16th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I was watching this video and complaining to my boyfriend that it sucks because to have salon great hair you need someone to do it for you. Then he said well "I'll do that to your hair for you",meaning he would dry it and curl and everything for me. I thought it was really sweet and wondering who else's man has gone out of their way to do something out of their comfort zone to make you feel great. And also what is more important, that he offered or that he can't really do hair and it would take practice.

Watch this to know what I'm talking about: <remove link>

podo
October 16th, 2010, 08:51 PM
awww

When I was really sick and couldn't even brush my own hair my DH brushed it for me and put it up. He also helped to dress me and dry me off after a bath actually. I know a lot of guys/couples do this, but this was completely abnormal for me; one day I was able to do all this and the next I was virtually an invalid. (NEVER EVER get a severe Vitamin-D deficiency!!!)

A guy I dated wanted to wash and deep condition it for me - and it wasn't a turn-on for him; he just liked my hair.

PiroskaCicu
October 16th, 2010, 10:15 PM
I'm not sure if my DBF would do the styling, but he does enjoy combing my hair... and often "pretends" to style it....I think he just enjoys touching my hair...but it feels so good! :D

ravenreed
October 16th, 2010, 11:11 PM
I complimented one woman on her intricate braids one day, and she replied her husband did it. He did their daughters' hair too. I told her I was very impressed. Most guys I know don't have a clue how to braid hair and are not interested in learning.

Tiina
October 17th, 2010, 12:52 AM
I can get DH to comb it or put it in a ponytail for me if I can't do it myself. It's not that he doesn't like my hair but he is afraid he might damage it somehow. And, well, he definitely has clumsy hands. :p

EvaSimone
October 17th, 2010, 01:17 AM
My DH wouldn't. He would help me with activities of daily living if I became disabled but I know he wouldn't even try to style my hair. :lol:

He will help me trim my hair, after I trim it I can count on him to trim any stray pieces. I cut his hair for him and trim up his neck. :)

Dreams_in_Pink
October 17th, 2010, 01:41 AM
None of the guys i've seen & met would do it. Quite sad, actually :(

enfys
October 17th, 2010, 03:27 AM
My DH puts up with a lot. He takes several photos every day for my blog, helped me wash my haur both when I had an injury and before the shower was installed and even braids my hair for me is I am coming to bed and realue I have loads of hand cream on and can't do it myself.

It's only hair since I cut his hair for him and give regular head massages.

Bianca
October 17th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Just asked him, he said yes :p But I knew that. He is so wonderful :heartbeat

aenflex
October 17th, 2010, 08:17 AM
My boyfriend always wants to touch my hair. Ugh I hate it. I don't like people touching my hair at all and I don't care if it looks worse for it :)

adding this: I just watched the video - is he brushing her hair wet? Yikes. No thanks.

Radulfr
October 17th, 2010, 08:20 AM
I would do it absolutely, but alas, no GF.

Angeletti
October 17th, 2010, 08:26 AM
I've asked before if DH would ever do trims for me because he knows how I refuse to go and trust the salons to do it but he said he'd be too nervous because he knows I'm super picky about people cutting my hair, so self trimming it is I guess.

Konstifik
October 17th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Oh yes, my beloved boyfriend is very supportive for me as well. We dye our hair with henna together (yes, he's a hennahead as well), trim our hair together, he has tried to braid my hair a few times with youtube-tutorials (sometimes he practise on his own hair as well, he makes really nice braids), applies scalp lotion spray for me and a few awesome times he has also combed my hair. I love him so much! :heart: :D

maria_asa
October 17th, 2010, 08:40 AM
My BF would never even consider it. He doesn't care about my hair and would most certainly not go through any trouble for it.

BrightBlack
October 17th, 2010, 08:46 AM
DH came in once while I was trying to learn a new bun - he swatted my hands away and followed along with the video until he could get it right LOL He's an odd one but that's why I love him ^_^

podo
October 17th, 2010, 09:15 AM
My BF would never even consider it. He doesn't care about my hair and would most certainly not go through any trouble for it.

That's so sad! And you with such beautiful hair.

Though, my DH probably only cares about my hair because he knows I care about it - meaning he'd be ok if I whacked it all off as long as I wanted to - and doesn't volunteer for anything, but he'll at least do it when asked.

cocolady
October 17th, 2010, 09:22 AM
My boyfriend dyes my hair sometimes. I don't want to trouble him with it though because it smells and it's hard work lol. He would do anything for me though, so yeah... I love him lol

LouLaLa
October 17th, 2010, 09:49 AM
I think he would if I asked but generally he get more fun about ruffling it as my hair is so straight you cant mess it up (he finds this amazing).

He also likes to brush it but he does it like hes touching glass as he is afraid he will break it (ironic considering the ruffling!). Mainly he just strokes it because its soft and I dont blow dry so Id never have to ask I suppose.

Speckla
October 17th, 2010, 09:49 AM
My husband helps me comb it out when it's very tangly and I get frustrated, he's tried to braid it before (failed badly, but still sweet try), and he is the one who did my BC.

spidermom
October 17th, 2010, 09:52 AM
He probably would if he thought I wanted him to, but I don't.

KittyLost
October 17th, 2010, 10:09 AM
My ex used to gently finger comb my hair when it was BSL, and pretend to braid it because he didn't know how to braid hair haha. It was cute.

Heartwillfollow
October 17th, 2010, 10:18 AM
DH is really sweet, he has trimed the ends several times over the years and even did the back appying a root touch up with henna. It's sweet because he is so worried he is going to mess it up but does it to help. He does a great job I've never had a complaint and never would say anything even if there were oopsies.. I'm happy that he will help me. :)

Kat
October 17th, 2010, 10:28 AM
When my hair first started getting long, I taught my ex to braid so he could braid it for me (I hadn't yet learned to braid it myself). And he did a few times! But then I realized it was just easier to do it myself. :)

As far as complex styling and such, though? I'm not sure if I could even describe to someone else how to do it, especially if I were having them do it because I was unable so I wouldn't be able to demonstrate. Maybe if it were simple, like a bun, and I could use Youtube videos and photos to show them...

And when it comes to heat treatment...no way. No n00b is getting near my hair with something hot and potentially damaging, except maybe a blowdryer. I can handle a margin of error and several mistakes with a hairstyle. When it comes to a curling iron or something, one mistake means permanent damage (either to my hair, or worse, me!).

(However, I'm usually the only one allowed to touch my hair aside from hairstylists. It tangles very easily, and I'm the only one who understands that exactly and how to handle it [even my usual stylist will wash my hair then allow me to finger-comb the tangles out rather than her combing it]. I can't stand having my hair pulled or yanked [like small amounts--you can yank on my braids all day but pull on a little bit and it's bad] and it often causes an involuntary shriek. My ex used to try to run his fingers through my hair but inevitably he'd hit a tangle and then I'd yell. I might allow someone else to pet me like you'd pet a cat, but not to run fingers THROUGH or try to style)

pennyroyal
October 17th, 2010, 11:12 AM
My DH would absolutley do that for me. He is great & he loves hair. He is the one who has been cutting my hair for years now (& they have been the best haircuts i have ever had!) cause he actually went to beauty school to learn to cut/dye hair. He is looking forward to my hair getting long so he can help me learn/try some new hairstyles. :heartbeat He is an amazing man. :)

Kristin
October 17th, 2010, 02:03 PM
My BF would do it if I needed him to (like if I was sick or disabled), but not just because I was asking him to. He helps me measure my hair and will comb it if I beg him, but that's about it.

Niwa
October 17th, 2010, 02:11 PM
I don't have a man, so I am just chiming in to say that George Ortiz really knows what he's doing! The hair he did on those girls looks great!

Cirafly24
October 17th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I don't think my fiance would be interested in braiding my hair or anything like that, but if I were unable to wash or brush it, I'm sure he would be willing to help. I've asked him a couple times if he wants to see how I made my bun (usually because I just learned and I'm super excited), and he always says that he'd rather keep it a mystery. :b

Jezerellica
October 17th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Oh man. girls. The more I read the sadder I get. I am single by choice right now, but LOVE head massages and a man combing out my hair. If you are with someone, and they are willing to do these thing for you. Be so thankful. I've got to get off this thread before I cry.

slythwolf
October 17th, 2010, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't want my husband to do my hair. As much as I appreciate his big callused hands in other situations, I'm afraid he would only cause tangles and breakage.

rchorr
October 17th, 2010, 03:47 PM
My now husband washed my hair for me when I had surgery on my hand. He really tried to help me put it up, but that was a whole different issue! LOL!

RCHORR'

ddiana1979
October 17th, 2010, 03:57 PM
I don't think I'd LET my bf do my hair. He brushed it ONCE, & he was so clumsy & heavy handed I made him quit. Ironically, he's a vet, so you'd think he'd know how to do things gently!

I don't know. I think I'm overly tender-headed or something, because very few people in my life have managed to brush my hair without making me grimace in pain or at the very least bring tears to my eyes. I love my stylist, but even when he brushes my hair I grip the armrests on the salon chair very hard.

Kat
October 17th, 2010, 07:03 PM
but LOVE head massages and a man combing out my hair.
My ex used to give me head massages...i could probably get my current partner to do it, but I dunno if he'd be good enough at it to be worth my time asking! Will have to try it some time.

Luckysock
October 17th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I don't think that is my DH's kinda thing at all. I'm sure he would help me out if I was ill, but I would expect some grumbling on his part - hair is my territory really ;)

On the video, just wanted to say the first two ladies had beautiful hair and incredible skin (or really good make up). I didn't think the styling was that unique, but i did enjoy the video, thanks for posting it!

Qadupae
October 18th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Although DH doesn't know many styling techniques, if I asked him and showed him a tutorial, he would be willing to do it. I know if I asked him, he would brush my hair too ^_^

Igor
October 18th, 2010, 03:07 AM
because to have salon great hair you need someone to do it for you.
I didnt know that! :confused:

toaster
October 18th, 2010, 07:06 AM
My wife kept her hair long for me for a lot of years, but I didn't and wouldn't help her with it (not that she asked). I now know that she doesn't care for long hair and only did it for me, so I guess that makes me bit of a jerk, but I didn't realize it until I read this thread. Men are a little like that a lot of the time (although I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir).
To my credit though, when she was in a cast I did everything for her. I washed her and dressed her, and helped her dig all the grossness out from under it. I even dealt with her "lady stuff". I may be insensitive, but chivalry is not dead.

radiofreejenn
October 18th, 2010, 07:44 AM
My hubby knows how to curl hair without killing it. I was amazed when I found this out. His mother raised him right!

Fairlight63
October 18th, 2010, 09:53 AM
My DH keeps his hair really short. I don't know if he would know how to deal with long hair. I don't think that I would trust him around my hair at all! (he doesn't like long hair, he would probably tell me to cut it short)

wvgemini
October 18th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Mine would probably brush or comb it for me. He would probably ash it too, but I doubt he would curl it for me ... he'd be too afraid of burning me.

TrudieCat
October 18th, 2010, 10:24 AM
My BF gave me the best trim I'd ever had. Perfectly shaped hemline, just the right amount trimmed off. :crush: He rocks!

CaityBear
October 18th, 2010, 10:46 AM
My DBF probably would. I taught him how to braid. He had never done it before, but now he'll braid my hair for me sometimes and he's pretty good at it now. Very clean braids.

Not sure if he'd want to attempt something more serious where he could damage my hair but he would brush it and braid it if I wanted him to.

IStand4u
October 18th, 2010, 11:02 AM
My DBF likes to brush my hair (or so he says) so I let him, not to mention he is way more gentle at it than I am because he is afraid of it breaking. His brush is also nicer than mine :rolleyes: lol

I still need to teach him how to braid though, but he did say that if I asked him to learn he would, I just gotta get him motivated :eyebrows:

Maddy25
October 18th, 2010, 11:08 AM
My DH would, I allready told him that once my hair is long enough, I will teach him different types of braids to do on me :) He had no objections. He likes to style my hair for photoshoots sometimes :D

Spike
October 18th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I am blessed and lucky—a DH who will wash my hair and has mentioned an interest in braiding. Maybe when I hit hip . . .

Nightshade
October 18th, 2010, 12:17 PM
My Dh does my henna for me and trims me! :cloud9:

sweetestday
October 18th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I love bragging on my man! He always tells me that he will comb my hair and braid it anytime I'd like. I don't ask him to very often, but he does a great job. He is also the only one that will do a decent trim for me. He does a much better job than any salon I've been to.
Oh, and he's the reason I have long hair. :)