PDA

View Full Version : I reached Classic! + Question

Tornerose
October 16th, 2010, 03:47 AM
OMG I finally reached classic :happydance:
I thought my hair had reached terminal at tailbone for years, so I'm absolutely certain this has to do with LHC knowledge. So I want to give you all a big THANK YOU for sharing the nescessary knowledge to help me to drop the brushes for combs, cones & sulfates for natural & organic, free-flowing for braids & updos and the confidence to tell people who make comments about my hair to burn!

Anyways, I suppose pics are in order. I'm only posting the LHC pics, as my hairhistory-album should be open for anyone who want to see my hair though the years.
(If anyone knows how to resize the pics in posts, please let me know)

So, starting with the first photo I took for LHC, after approximately 4 months of membership. I had started oiling and combing (instead of brushing), but still used cones & sulfates.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6266&pictureid=84395
May 2009
The jeans were very high-waisted, and the ends hit at approximately tailbone, wich they had been doing for the last 4-5 years or so.

After a while, I decided I wated to try clarifying, to see what I was really dealing with under all those 'cones.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6266&pictureid=84397
October 2009
I really find the difference between combed and uncombed hair to be alittle weird. I've always considered my hair to be stick-straight... but I guess when you join LHC you need to re-learn everything ;)

After dropping the 'cones, my hair held curl much better.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6266&pictureid=84400
March 2010
Look how big and fluffy it looks :D The curls steals some lenght, as you can probably see it hits tailbone when curled there. If I remember correctly it was at mid-bum when straight.

And finally, after years of waiting for anything other than tailbone I've hit classic :joy:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6266&pictureid=85769
Unfortunately the ends doesn't look good at all though, so I think I may have to cut back up to tailbone. But ohwell, I'm just so happy that I hadn't reached terminal at all, and reached a lenght I though was impossible for me to reach...
So again, THANK YOU ALL!

Anyways, While i'm making this thread, I have to sneak in a question. I'm too lazy to make a new thread, so you'll just have to deal with it :bigtongue:

I've been thinking about lighetning the hair for almost a year now. Photoshop (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=6264&pictureid=84406) certainly does nothing to help with this obession LOL.
But the thing is, last time I added highlights (Almost a year before joining LHC) I started to get a chemical burn on my scalp. And due to my skin and scalp already beeing sensitive, I'm NOT doing that again. I've been reading up on the honey lightening, but I've decided that the upkeep of roots etc will be too much of a hassle for me.

So I was wondering about (strong) lemon rinses. Will regular lemon rinses lighten the hair? And assuming it works, how would I go about doing that for periods of time, when perfect colour is attained and the roots will be the only part of hair in need of lightening? How would I keep the ends from beeing a totally different shade than the top of my head?

Oh yeah and while I'm at it, is there any organic shampoo on the market that removes deep oiling? I've had to choose between organic shampo and no oil, vs oil and sulfates, and since my scalp doesn't seem overjoyed with sulfates since I switched to organic, you can guess what I usually go for ;)

bte
October 16th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Fantastic progress - and a very impressive milestone. I wouldn't trim just yet - and I wouldn't change the colour - what you have is just about perfect and soemething to be very prpoud of.

<3OnHerSleeve
October 16th, 2010, 04:05 AM
Congrats on your new hair length!! gorgeous hair!!

as to lemon rinse, my mum's sister has beautiful long hair. my mum always used to tell me how gorgeous her hair was in the early 80s and how it was different colours, partly helped because she would apply lemon juice to the same lengths. it worked on her chestnut brown hair and she had natural highlights around her face :) Lemon definitely works, especially in the summer if you apply it before you go outside. be warned, dries out hair.

the thing is, you're naturally lightening it, so it's not going to be a colour that "trying" to match yours in a lighter shade. it is your natural colour is a lighter shade, so I would imagine upkeep isn't so much a problem if you don't mind the colour gradually growing out.

growing2shine
October 16th, 2010, 04:07 AM
I can't answer your questions but I just had to compliment you!

Congratulations with reaching your goal! Your hair looks amazing! I like everything about it, the beautiful warm colour, the shine and of course the length (that is also my ultimate goal) wich looks absolutely stunning! Oh and I don't think that your ends look bad at all. :flower:

Dragon
October 16th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Your hair looks great :) Congrats.

janeytilllie
October 16th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Fantastic progress! :thumbsup: and congratulations on hitting classic length. Your hair looks so beautiful! :)

Zindell
October 16th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Beautiful hair! And please don't trim it! I mean just trim perhaps half an inch now and then, so you keep the length, but still slowly get rid of any eventual damage.

I wouldn't highlight it either. It looks so long and healthy ... bleach damage could destroy that? But if you do. Do it carefully. :)

Anyhows, your hair color is beautiful as it is!

Yozhik
October 16th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! I love how it looks, and I love the color, and I really don't think that the ends look thin at all. :flower:

Congratulations on reaching such a wonderful milestone!
If I were you I definitely wouldn't cut back, because it looks so good at the length it is now. Also, I love your hair color, so I probably wouldn't lighten it either. :)

I use organic soap bars, and they get oil out of my hair just fine. Maybe just try to apply a little bit more to your ends to get the oil out? Good luck with whatever decisions you make, and yet again, I just want to let you know that I think your hair is gorgeous!

Lisa R
October 16th, 2010, 05:44 AM
I agree with a lot of the others. Please don't cut back to tailbone. Your ends look great. And you hair colour is beautiful and already has lovely highlights in it without doing anything else to it!
CONGRATULATIONS of achieving your goal length!!

Loreley
October 16th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Congrats on reaching classic length! :cheer: Your hair is beautiful! :D

Isa-belle
October 16th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Congratulations - your hair is beautiful!!

Astarte_1980
October 16th, 2010, 06:57 AM
CONGRATULATIONS of achieving classic length

Henrietta
October 16th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Congrats! Your hair is awesome! :) And the ends are not bad, why do you want to cut it back to TBL an once? Aren't small trims better?

And about lemon rinsed... I would be afraid that lemon will make your hair dry, if I were you. I'd use honey instead. You will have roots anyway, I think, with both methods, but honey is still more gentle to your hair and you will be able to repeat it as often as you want and also apply it only on your roots, since it's dense, when lemon juice is not.

virgo75
October 16th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Congratulations on reaching classic!!!

I agree with all who say your hair is beautiful, you don't need to trim it. :agree:

Angeletti
October 16th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Congrats! Maybe instead of cutting back to tailbone you could just start trimming off any new length you get that way you will eventually get your ends the way you want them but won't have to lose any length, that's what I'm hoping to do once I get to classic.

RadiantNeedle
October 16th, 2010, 08:26 AM
You might have more luck removing oils by picking the right organic conditioners. Conditioner seems to be better (and gentler) at removing oils for me.
Congratulations on reaching Classic! I'm sure that finding the perfect conditioner (or equivalent product to deal with oils and moisturise) your ends will meet your standard and you might not need to trim so much, if any!

kmoc123
October 16th, 2010, 08:53 AM
WOW!!!! Stunning and I am a wee bit jealous...in a hugely nice way! I would not even go near scissors or color...your hair is perfect the way it is!!! I can't wait to be at classic...a few months more. Congratulations on your progress...BEAUTIFUL!!!

PiroskaCicu
October 16th, 2010, 09:04 AM
WOW! Your hair is absolutely beautiful. I love the colour and texture...and congrats on reaching classic! Beauty!

podo
October 16th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Slight hijack - growing2shine your avatar pic is such glorious shine! How on earth do you do that?! Please PM me if you get the chance.

Back on topic...

I know just what you mean about coloring - long time ago I dyed my hair black for Halloween. It was supposed to wash out in 3 weeks but didn't. I kept it up for a few years because I got so many compliments on it, but eventually I started getting that chemical burn.

Well... I didn't stop right away. I did a few more after that, thinking I'd be careful not to get it on my scalp. HAH! If I keep 2" or more away from my scalp and don't rub it in, I can dye my hair, but at that point - why bother? (You can kind of see how I'm growing out the copper tones.)

That burn only gets worse. It's an allergy actually. For me, it's ammonia, though I can't say for sure that's what it is always. The last time I tried it, thinking that maybe it was better after a 10 year break, it was so bad my scalp was swollen and I had to go to the doctor. I did a patch test on my arm once - they spread the hair color about 5" diameter before immediately wiping it off to about 1-2" diameter. The WHOLE 5" patch started burning within 5-10 minutes (so we washed it off) and for the next three weeks I had this big swollen red circle on my inner elbow.

DO NOT CONTINUE TO DYE AFTER YOU START HAVING REACTIONS!!!

It doesn't get better, only worse.

Now I can't use anything with ammonia - bleach in the laundry, windex, etc. If it gets on my hands - or anywhere - it burns and rashes up depending on the ammonia concentration. If I breathe it in I get short of breath and have some chest pain. I went into the ladies' room at a grocery store a couple of weeks ago and they had just mopped with some ammonia-heavy product. I had to go so bad I stayed and did my business as quickly as I could, but I still almost passed out before I got out of the room - lightheaded, dizzy, couldn't breathe. It sucked.

So yeah, from now on don't use any chemical dyes on your hair. EVER!

I'll chime in with everyone else too - your hair is beautiful as is!

HintOfMint
October 16th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Congratulations on reaching classic! Do you think you want to keep growing until your real terminal?

Alvrodul
October 16th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Congratulations! :flowers:
Your hair is impressive! I have a small hope of getting that far myself - at present my hair is at hip, and my current goal is tailbone - it's a long way to go!

pepperminttea
October 16th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I'm afraid I know squat about lightening, but - beautiful hair, and what a milestone! Congratulations! :D

prosperina
October 16th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Your hair is really pretty. Congratulations on this milestone!

What about honey lightening? I can't tell you much about it, but I know it's possible. I think there's an article on it. I do know though that it's probably safer than lemon.

jojo
October 16th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Congratulations! classic is my goal, though I think your ends look lovely no need to cut back to TB!

triumphator!
October 16th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Your hair looks wonderful! I've heard that lemon/really acidic rinses can dry out and damage hair. I've also heard that while honey make take a long time to make huge color changes, it is worth it for its moisturizing qualities. I use honey to lighten my undyed hair a little to a shade closer to my ends. Best of luck!

princessp
October 16th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Woohoo congratulations its awesome!

ChatNoir
October 16th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Congratulations from a fellow Norwegian!

Gratulerer! Håret ditt ser fantastisk ut! :D

akuamoonmaui
October 16th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Your hair is amazing! I agree with everyone - don't change a thing!! :thudpile:

nemileo
October 16th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Hehe, another congrats from a fellow norwegian! Lovely hair=nydelig hår!! It looks stunning, and I wouldn`t wish for any other color!

But if you still concider a lightening I could really reccomend honey. I tried some strands with just pure honey, and I could see a noticeable change after just one hour. And i have henndigoed hair....but it is not a change witch I need to worry about regrowt. Just a slight difference, and it might is just because of the gorgeous shine the honey made..

Your hemline looks healthy too! Usually you could see that the ends are very damaged on hair that long, but yours looks very heathy!

I use organic conditioner to remove coconut oil by the way. I find it at farmacies or at helsekostbutikker. It is a lot easier than using a lot of shampoo (it takes about four washings to remove a heavy oil with just shampoo for me, but conditioner removes it pretty easy)

RecklessCharlie
October 16th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Fabulous hair! It really is amazing the difference no cones make isn't it?! Congratulations on reaching classic!

Sylvanas
October 16th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Congratulations! :flower: Your hair looks so healthy and shiny now, and the colour is beautiful too.

In my experience, lemon does lighten (especially when mixed with salt and then blowfried), but you need a lot of it, and it's gonna damage your hair (even without Mr. Blowfry). Honey lightening on the other hand, does not damage. All you risk is crunchy ends due to not rinsing properly, which is easily sorted by washing one more time. I don't get how you think honey lightening is more upkeep than lemon rinses, though. You don't need to do roots only, the change in colour is very subtle, and I don't think it's even possible to get to a platinum shade with it. Any colour difference between length and roots will be so subtle it'll blend in and look very natural anyway :)

MissManda
October 16th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Congratulations on reaching your goal! I am having serious length envy right now! I think your waves are just gorgeous and I love your soft, pretty hair color. :flowers:

spidermom
October 16th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Your classic-length hair looks lovely. I'm a few months behind you; can't wait!

I've been told that a product like Sun-In is much gentler on your hair than lemon juice, and one of our members here uses Sun-In with beautiful results on her knee-length hair.

Tornerose
October 17th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Oh wow thanks everyone. I'm not sure if I can reply to all individually, but I'll try. And since I don't see the point of making several individual posts, (wich would take up 4 new pages) I'll try to keep it all iin one... That mean's I'll have to keep the smileys to a minimum too.. oh dear :lol:
So I've editet the quotes to remove all smileys. I hope that's okay with everyone.

Fantastic progress - and a very impressive milestone. I wouldn't trim just yet - and I wouldn't change the colour - what you have is just about perfect and soemething to be very prpoud of.
Thank you.
I think the pic there gives me some slack due to the waves though, when my hair is straight you can really see how tapered and damaged it looks.

Congrats on your new hair length!! gorgeous hair!!

as to lemon rinse, my mum's sister has beautiful long hair. my mum always used to tell me how gorgeous her hair was in the early 80s and how it was different colours, partly helped because she would apply lemon juice to the same lengths. it worked on her chestnut brown hair and she had natural highlights around her face. Lemon definitely works, especially in the summer if you apply it before you go outside. be warned, dries out hair.

the thing is, you're naturally lightening it, so it's not going to be a colour that "trying" to match yours in a lighter shade. it is your natural colour is a lighter shade, so I would imagine upkeep isn't so much a problem if you don't mind the colour gradually growing out.
Thank you.
That's cool, about your aunt.
I'm aware that it might be alittle drying, but i think good oiling will help combat that. Good oiling and tender care.
I don't mind colour growing out, I'm mostly worried about dark roots and platinum ends (to exxagerate on the shade-differences).

I can't answer your questions but I just had to compliment you!

Congratulations with reaching your goal! Your hair looks amazing! I like everything about it, the beautiful warm colour, the shine and of course the length (that is also my ultimate goal) wich looks absolutely stunning! Oh and I don't think that your ends look bad at all.
Thank you.
Like I said to bte I think it's just a lucky pic, due to curls and probably somewhat the angle.
Good luck on reaching classic yourself.

Your hair looks great. Congrats.
Thank you.

Fantastic progress! And congratulations on hitting classic length. Your hair looks so beautiful!
Thank you.

Beautiful hair! And please don't trim it! I mean just trim perhaps half an inch now and then, so you keep the length, but still slowly get rid of any eventual damage.

I wouldn't highlight it either. It looks so long and healthy ... bleach damage could destroy that? But if you do. Do it carefully.

Anyhows, your hair color is beautiful as it is!
Thank you.
Hmm... Yeah I've seen some people around who has managed to thicken up their ends by maintaning one lenght, so maybe I'll give it a try?
Thanks for gving me this idea, I'll look more into thickening ends I guess. I don't really want to cut back to tailbone, I just thinks anything below looks really damaged. Even though there's not THAT many split ends, as I S&D every day.

Your hair is gorgeous! I love how it looks, and I love the color, and I really don't think that the ends look thin at all.

Congratulations on reaching such a wonderful milestone!
If I were you I definitely wouldn't cut back, because it looks so good at the length it is now. Also, I love your hair color, so I probably wouldn't lighten it either.

I use organic soap bars, and they get oil out of my hair just fine. Maybe just try to apply a little bit more to your ends to get the oil out? Good luck with whatever decisions you make, and yet again, I just want to let you know that I think your hair is gorgeous!
Thank you. Like I've told bte and growing2shine I think it's just a lucky shot, with the ends. The waves and angle gives me some slack, I think.

I guess like all people who used to be blonde as kids, the light brown colour just seems so dull in comparison.

Ooh soap bars... Maybe I'll give those a try again. The liquid shamppos & conditioners seems to leave my hair just as greasy as it was before a wash so....

Congrats on reaching classic length! Your hair is beautiful!
Thank you.

I agree with a lot of the others. Please don't cut back to tailbone. Your ends look great. And you hair colour is beautiful and already has lovely highlights in it without doing anything else to it!
CONGRATULATIONS of achieving your goal length!!
Thank you. The highlights on the lenght are old bleach and dye. If you look at the colour approximately aboce the shoulders, you'll see the natural colour.

Congratulations - your hair is beautiful!!
Thank you.

CONGRATULATIONS of achieving classic length
Thank you.

Congrats! Your hair is awesome! And the ends are not bad, why do you want to cut it back to TBL an once? Aren't small trims better?

And about lemon rinsed... I would be afraid that lemon will make your hair dry, if I were you. I'd use honey instead. You will have roots anyway, I think, with both methods, but honey is still more gentle to your hair and you will be able to repeat it as often as you want and also apply it only on your roots, since it's dense, when lemon juice is not.
Thank you.
Why I wanna cut back is mainly because "down the bum" my hair looks really damaged. Although there aren't many split ends, it's very tapered and looks somewhat "fried" if you know what I mean. After all, that's some of the hair wich were stalled at tailbone forever.

Ahh I was just thinking lemon might be easier, just pour it over, whereas the honey has to be mixed and stuff beforehand. was also hoping to avoid getting dark roots when usng lemon all the time, but I guess roots are bound to show no matter what.......

Congratulations on reaching classic!!!

I agree with all who say your hair is beautiful, you don't need to trim it.
Thank you.

Congrats! Maybe instead of cutting back to tailbone you could just start trimming off any new length you get that way you will eventually get your ends the way you want them but won't have to lose any length, that's what I'm hoping to do once I get to classic.
Thank you.
Yeah, I might have to try that and see if I can thicken up the ends a bit, instead of cutting it all off at once. Like I told Zindell I've seen some people on here who have been sucessful in doing that, so it's definately worth a shot. Thanks for the input.

You might have more luck removing oils by picking the right organic conditioners. Conditioner seems to be better (and gentler) at removing oils for me.
Congratulations on reaching Classic! I'm sure that finding the perfect conditioner (or equivalent product to deal with oils and moisturise) your ends will meet your standard and you might not need to trim so much, if any!
Thank you.
I've tried both shampoo and conditioners, but none seem to take the ols off of my hair. It leaves it coated and greasy, and especially since some organic conditioners also are really heavy on my hair I can't seem to find the trick to get rid of oils without sulfates.
They do clean greasy hair just fine though, so I wonder what's up with oil vs sebum....

WOW!!!! Stunning and I am a wee bit jealous...in a hugely nice way! I would not even go near scissors or color...your hair is perfect the way it is!!! I can't wait to be at classic...a few months more. Congratulations on your progress...BEAUTIFUL!!!
Thank you.

WOW! Your hair is absolutely beautiful. I love the colour and texture...and congrats on reaching classic! Beauty!
Thank you.

Tornerose
October 17th, 2010, 12:29 AM
I know just what you mean about coloring - long time ago I dyed my hair black for Halloween. It was supposed to wash out in 3 weeks but didn't. I kept it up for a few years because I got so many compliments on it, but eventually I started getting that chemical burn.

Well... I didn't stop right away. I did a few more after that, thinking I'd be careful not to get it on my scalp. HAH! If I keep 2" or more away from my scalp and don't rub it in, I can dye my hair, but at that point - why bother? (You can kind of see how I'm growing out the copper tones.)

That burn only gets worse. It's an allergy actually. For me, it's ammonia, though I can't say for sure that's what it is always. The last time I tried it, thinking that maybe it was better after a 10 year break, it was so bad my scalp was swollen and I had to go to the doctor. I did a patch test on my arm once - they spread the hair color about 5" diameter before immediately wiping it off to about 1-2" diameter. The WHOLE 5" patch started burning within 5-10 minutes (so we washed it off) and for the next three weeks I had this big swollen red circle on my inner elbow.

DO NOT CONTINUE TO DYE AFTER YOU START HAVING REACTIONS!!!

It doesn't get better, only worse.

Now I can't use anything with ammonia - bleach in the laundry, windex, etc. If it gets on my hands - or anywhere - it burns and rashes up depending on the ammonia concentration. If I breathe it in I get short of breath and have some chest pain. I went into the ladies' room at a grocery store a couple of weeks ago and they had just mopped with some ammonia-heavy product. I had to go so bad I stayed and did my business as quickly as I could, but I still almost passed out before I got out of the room - lightheaded, dizzy, couldn't breathe. It sucked.

So yeah, from now on don't use any chemical dyes on your hair. EVER!

I'll chime in with everyone else too - your hair is beautiful as is!
First: Thank you.

OUCH That defiately sucks. I'm definately not doing chemical dyes or bleach again. That stuff is just dangerous for hair-health I think.
As with all allergenes, you can only be exposed to it X number of times before you start getting a reaction, and once it's there, it only get worse until the point where it's lethal....
As I have enough allergies already, I'm definately staying away from them. I'm not sure what chemical actually caused the slight scalp burn for me, but I'm not taking any chances.
Besides, I'm trying to cut out most chemicals in my life anyway, so really no use in going back to them just for "looking good" when I'll never look like a pretty little barbiedoll no matter what I do :lol:.

Congratulations on reaching classic! Do you think you want to keep growing until your real terminal?
Thank you.
Yes definately. I thought I had already reached terminal, so I'm curioyus to see where my "new" terminal is. But I have to do something about the ends, I can't walk around with them like they are now. I feel that people just otice the ends and tink my entire lenght is as damaged as the "butt down".

Congratulations!
Your hair is impressive! I have a small hope of getting that far myself - at present my hair is at hip, and my current goal is tailbone - it's a long way to go!
Thank you.
Hip to tailbone went pretty fast for me. I used to cut from tailbone to hip all the time, because at tailbone ("old terminal") the hair usually looked very bad after a while. So I cut back to hip, and a few weeks later I had hit tailbone again. Then some months later it looked really bad and scraggly at tailbone, sp I cut back to hip.... Then repeat as nescessary for years and years :P

I'm afraid I know squat about lightening, but - beautiful hair, and what a milestone! Congratulations!
Thank you.

Your hair is really pretty. Congratulations on this milestone!

What about honey lightening? I can't tell you much about it, but I know it's possible. I think there's an article on it. I do know though that it's probably safer than lemon.
Thank you.
Yeah I've looked into the honey lightening method. I've considered that too for quite a while, the reason I ended up on lemon is because it somehow seems "easier".
(Now don't get me wrong, I know there's nothing easy about lightening hair, it's just.. I'm lazy so I'm trying to find the path of least resistance :P )

Congratulations! classic is my goal, though I think your ends look lovely no need to cut back to TB!
Thank you.
Like i've been telling a few people already further up, I think it's just a lucky shot, but maybe you're all right...
I'll definately look into thickening up ends etc before I cut (IF I decide to cut that is).

Your hair looks wonderful! I've heard that lemon/really acidic rinses can dry out and damage hair. I've also heard that while honey make take a long time to make huge color changes, it is worth it for its moisturizing qualities. I use honey to lighten my undyed hair a little to a shade closer to my ends. Best of luck!
Thank you.
Yeah I'm aware that it might dry it out, but is lemon really that more acidic than ACV for instance?
It seems to me most people love acid rinses.

Woohoo congratulations its awesome!
Thank you.

Congratulations from a fellow Norwegian!

Gratulerer! Håret ditt ser fantastisk ut!
Thank you.

Your hair is amazing! I agree with everyone - don't change a thing!! :thudpile:
Thank you.
Wow :O A thudpile. I never thought I'd be worthy of a thudpile. *blush*

Hehe, another congrats from a fellow norwegian! Lovely hair=nydelig hår!! It looks stunning, and I wouldn`t wish for any other color!

But if you still concider a lightening I could really reccomend honey. I tried some strands with just pure honey, and I could see a noticeable change after just one hour. And i have henndigoed hair....but it is not a change witch I need to worry about regrowt. Just a slight difference, and it might is just because of the gorgeous shine the honey made..

Your hemline looks healthy too! Usually you could see that the ends are very damaged on hair that long, but yours looks very heathy!

I use organic conditioner to remove coconut oil by the way. I find it at farmacies or at helsekostbutikker. It is a lot easier than using a lot of shampoo (it takes about four washings to remove a heavy oil with just shampoo for me, but conditioner removes it pretty easy)
Thank you.
Wich kind of honey did you use? I've seen alot of different types of honey, but here in Norway I think we just got the light and the darker more runny type? Atleast that's the only two types I've seen.

And also wich orgnic conditioner do you use? I mainly use one i bought in Stockholm and haven't been able to find here in Norway. And the brands I check at the healthfood-shops etc seems to have too much "********" in them to be actually called organic. After all, Debio (Ø-merket) has no standards on cosmetic products.
Ive also looked at the Änglamark and I <3 Eco-brands at COOP and ICA, but same problem with them as the rest.

Fabulous hair! It really is amazing the difference no cones make isn't it?! Congratulations on reaching classic!
Thank you.
Yes definately. Who on earth even invented cones in hairproducts? Like anyone wants flat lifeless hair?

Congratulations! Your hair looks so healthy and shiny now, and the colour is beautiful too.

In my experience, lemon does lighten (especially when mixed with salt and then blowfried), but you need a lot of it, and it's gonna damage your hair (even without Mr. Blowfry). Honey lightening on the other hand, does not damage. All you risk is crunchy ends due to not rinsing properly, which is easily sorted by washing one more time. I don't get how you think honey lightening is more upkeep than lemon rinses, though. You don't need to do roots only, the change in colour is very subtle, and I don't think it's even possible to get to a platinum shade with it. Any colour difference between length and roots will be so subtle it'll blend in and look very natural anyway
Thank you.
Haha salt and blowfrying? Wow that sounds like alittle more damage than I'm willing to risk just to look good ;)

I guess the reason I think honey is more upkeep than lemon is because leon can just be used quickly in the shower, like a shampoo/conditioner whereas the honey has to be made into a mix and sit for a while, then rinsed out again very carefully.
But if you're right about the subtle colour change with honey, maybe I'll look into making it a monthly treatment sort of thing... That way I can get the roots all the time and still lift the colour a bit...

Congratulations on reaching your goal! I am having serious length envy right now! I think your waves are just gorgeous and I love your soft, pretty hair color.
Thank you.

Your classic-length hair looks lovely. I'm a few months behind you; can't wait!

I've been told that a product like Sun-In is much gentler on your hair than lemon juice, and one of our members here uses Sun-In with beautiful results on her knee-length hair.
Thank you.

I've looked at Sun-In but unfortunately I haven't been able to find it here in scandinavia. I've seen some similar sprays etc, but they seems to have some chemicals in them, wich I'm not willing to risk anymore, since the burn-incident.

maria_asa
October 17th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Congrats on reaching classic! Your one of my hair role models here and I think your hair looks great and wouldn't cut it. I do know what you're coming from though since I'm struggling with thin ends myself.

Toadstool
October 17th, 2010, 02:53 AM
What beautiful hair!!!

Tornerose
October 17th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Congrats on reaching classic! Your one of my hair role models here and I think your hair looks great and wouldn't cut it. I do know what you're coming from though since I'm struggling with thin ends myself.
I'm a WHAT now? :agape:
Hair role model? :shocked:
Wow, I never thought I'd hear that in a million years :oops:

Thank you very much for the compliments:smooch:

Yeah thin ends can be such a pan in the ***
I think the old pre-LHC layers are doing their bit to make it look thinner too (the shortest ones are apprximately at waist by now, I think).

What beautiful hair!!!
Thank you.

tinti
October 17th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Congrats on reaching classic! I think your hair looks wonderful as it is, but if you feel you wanna trim your ends, what about just trimming an inch or two every now and then? I've never tried lemon rinses so I can't answer you on that. I tried honey once, but I just had to wash it out because it got so messy :lol:

Little_Bird
October 17th, 2010, 02:04 PM
HAIR ENVY!

I want classic too hehe...

It looks so beautyfull :) Congratulations, it must feel awesome :D

:flower:

faeflame
October 17th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Congrats!!! Your hair looks awesome, absolutely thudworthy :thudpile:!!

I second (third, fourth?) the idea of small trims to thicken up your ends but not lose any length. I'd also go for honey over lemon juice to lighten because honey actually leaves your hair feeling nice and soft and looking soooo shiney instead of drying it out like lemon juice can.

Emerald88
October 17th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Great progress pics. Congratulations on reaching classic length!

christine1989
October 17th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! I love the golden blonde color. :)

Tornerose
October 18th, 2010, 05:15 AM
(again too much smileys, so i editet most out)

Congrats on reaching classic! I think your hair looks wonderful as it is, but if you feel you wanna trim your ends, what about just trimming an inch or two every now and then? I've never tried lemon rinses so I can't answer you on that. I tried honey once, but I just had to wash it out because it got so messy
Thank you.
Haha I can imagine honey getting quite messy. I think that's why I'm looking for the easy way out (lemon), as I'm both way too sick right now for anything that requires effort, and way too lazy to bother with beeing careful about spills etc.

HAIR ENVY!

I want classic too hehe...

It looks so beautyfull :) Congratulations, it must feel awesome :D

Haha that's funny, whenever I see your pictures around the site, I get envious of your hair.
Thank you though. Feels good to get past tailbone :D

Congrats!!! Your hair looks awesome, absolutely thudworthy :thudpile:!!

I second (third, fourth?) the idea of small trims to thicken up your ends but not lose any length. I'd also go for honey over lemon juice to lighten because honey actually leaves your hair feeling nice and soft and looking soooo shiney instead of drying it out like lemon juice can.
Thank you.
Yeah it seems like thickening up the ends at this lenght is the popular idea, so I guess I will have to succumb to peer pressure :p
I guess I'll also have to look more into upkeep of roots with both honey and lemon before I definately decide on anything.

Great progress pics. Congratulations on reaching classic length!
Thank you.

Your hair is so beautiful! I love the golden blonde color. :)
Thank you.
Golden blonde? Really? :hmm:
I think it's more of a dull dark blonde/light brown (leaning more towards light brown than dark blonde).

jera
October 18th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Congratulations on reaching a milestone. :) Your hair looks so beautiful. I love your color and wavies.

Angelica
October 18th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Your hair is stunning. Congratulations! No I wouldn't trim it personally. I think it looks gorgeous the way it is.

Tornerose
October 19th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Congratulations on reaching a milestone. :) Your hair looks so beautiful. I love your color and wavies.
Thank you :D

Your hair is stunning. Congratulations! No I wouldn't trim it personally. I think it looks gorgeous the way it is.

tigr
October 21st, 2010, 06:03 AM
Your hair is beautiful!

Tornerose
October 22nd, 2010, 06:36 AM
Your hair is beautiful!