PDA

View Full Version : 2 year anniversary!! *pics!*

JamieLeigh
October 15th, 2010, 05:31 PM
My two year anniversary on LHC is actually on Sunday, but as I have very limited computer access right now, I thought I'd go ahead even though I'm two days early. ;)

My hair journey has not been a typical one. I'd love to discover my terminal length, but I'm just not ready to let go of my full hemline yet, and I still believe I can have one at longer lengths, because I'm about 4" from knee right now, and it's still pretty straight across down there. So that gives me hope that my terminal length is at least calf-length or longer, as my taper is not super-pronounced yet. :D

As of the time I joined, Oct 2008, I was using shampoo and conditioner every other day, and had found my ends to be very dry sometimes. I learned about coconut oil and EVOO and CO washing, and over the past two years have built up a nice routine, revolving around those things plus SMT's (minus the heat), that works very well for my hair. I credit LHC with every bit of this, I would NEVER have thought to use cooking oil on my hair otherwise.

I had a very nasty shed in January of this year, following a miscarriage, and thankfully hair and body and spirit all seem to be recovering quite well. I would like to thank all of you for the well-wishes in that department as well. It really means a lot to feel like you are not just words on a page, or just a ponytail. :flower: Anyhow, as one can see from the bottom photo, which was just taken this week, my ends from tailbone on down are still thinner than the rest, which means that the biggest shed happened in my lower length. So I have been trying to maintain in the area of fingertip since about January, with trims of 1/8" per week just at the very ends.

Somehow I've still managed to gain about 5.25" this year, even with those trims, so you can see how quickly my hair grows. If I were on my way to terminal length right now, that might be a blessing, but as it is, I'm not and it's a pain in the tail to have to keep trimming so often and notice that I still gain length. LOL, I would be the odd one out. :shrug:

OK, without further ado, here are the progress photos from each year, starting with...
My hair when I joined, Oct 2008, 38.5":
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5778&pictureid=75682
My hair at my 1-yr anniversary, Oct 2009, 45":http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5778&pictureid=75695
My hair today, Oct 2010, 50.25":
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5778&pictureid=85828

georgia_peach
October 15th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Happy Anniversary! And thank you for sharing your story and your pictures. Your hair is so lovely and long!

IcarusBride
October 15th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is so lovely, good luck as you continue on your journey!

<3OnHerSleeve
October 15th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Happy Anniversary, I hope I'm still as addicted to this website as I am now in 2 years :)

Addy
October 15th, 2010, 06:39 PM
As always... total awesomeness! You know I love your hair! :D

ericthegreat
October 15th, 2010, 06:41 PM
OMG Jamie my dear where have you been?! I've missed you, you haven't posted here too much lately. :grouphug:

Congratulations on your second anniversary! Your hair looks so healthy and thick all the way down to the ends. :smile:

tinti
October 15th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks so lovely :D

FrannyG
October 15th, 2010, 06:46 PM
What wonderful progress and beautiful growth, JamieLeigh! Your hair really is lovely. :blossom:

Happy anniversary, and congratulations. Just awesome!!!:flowers:

Emerald88
October 15th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Wow - you have had amazing progress. Thanks for sharing your pics.

RecklessCharlie
October 15th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is so beautiful and hearing about your hair journey was very encouraging :)

pepperminttea
October 15th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Gorgeous hair - congrats on your LHC anniversary! :)

LittleOrca
October 15th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Your hair looks great! And how nice of your to include me in all the pictures too. ;)

Mae
October 15th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Beautiful! I especially like the waves your hair developed.

Heartwillfollow
October 15th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Sending loving thoughts (( )) your hair is beautiful congratulations on your Anniversary...

pennyroyal
October 15th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I love your hair & congrats on the anniversary!

Naturel
October 16th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Your hair is inspiring. Thx for sharing.

Dragon
October 16th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Congrats, Happy Anniversary. Your hair looks great:)

Yozhik
October 16th, 2010, 02:15 AM
Happy two year anniversary, JamieLeigh! Your hair really looks just wonderful -- I love those wavies.

Kathie
October 16th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Happy anniversary!! Your hair looks very pretty, very inspiring :blossom:

Loreley
October 16th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Happy anniversary, JamieLeigh! :cheer:

Henrietta
October 16th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Wow! Your hair is so long! :) And has lovely waves:) Happy anniversary! :flower:

Chamomile betty
October 16th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Congrats and you hair looks really lovely.

RachieBaby
October 16th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! I love the waves :)

jojo
October 16th, 2010, 12:01 PM
I never realised how long your hair was, its beautiful, like WOW beautiful loving it loads!!!

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage, been there quite a few times myself big hugs hun xxxx

triumphator!
October 16th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I love how your hair has come to represent your resiliency of spirit after your miscarriage. The ends may be a bit ragged from a rough time, but its still growing strong and beautiful! <3

little_acorn
October 16th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Happy anniversary Jamie :flowers: - you have really beautiful hair!

little_cherry
October 16th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Hi Jamie :flower:

What awesome progress! <3 Your hair is soo very pretty, hon!

Happy anniversary! :flowers:

JamieLeigh
October 18th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Thank you guys so much!! :flowers: Sorry I haven't been on very much, but I'm hoping we'll have the internet issue solved soon! (I know I have a lot of you on my facebook list...fb is accessible from my phone so I post there a lot)

I'm hoping to keep doing what I've been doing, and just take off that tiny bit every week, so my ends will thicken up and straighten out. They are still all different lengths, it seems to me. :mad: But I will get there!!

Thanks again for all the nice words, it's been a good hair-iversary, better than I thought it would be. I was afraid I wouldn't have a good enough pic to post, due to all those issues. :cheer:

lw8666
October 20th, 2010, 11:36 AM
congrats on your anniversary!