PDA

View Full Version : The ShO (Shampoo Only) thread!

Konstifik
October 15th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I searched a bit but found no thread for this washing method.

So, as most LHCers, I tried to cut down the amount of shampoo, especially SLS-poos, and convert to WO/CO/SO/CWC or whatever other method there is, hoping it would improve the condition of the hair.

But after many projects and months after months of experimenting, I've found that simply shampoo (in scalp only) is the best method ever for my hair. Soft, shiny and not at all weightened down or greasy.

That together with the occasional oiling and treatment of course.

Am I alone with this seemingly weird hair which loves shampoo? Any other ShOers out there? :)

:disco:

Raponsje
October 15th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Yes. For me also a very mild shampoo and some rosemary oil is all my hair needs. I also tried some other methods, but this is the which agrees most with my hair. It is fine and very straight and doesn't tangle much, so conditioner isn't really nessecary.

melikai
October 15th, 2010, 12:22 PM
For now I need conditioner, at least until I get rid of the last of my damaged ends, but my BF uses shampoo only. He uses a sulphate-free shampoo, which I think is mainly why he can get away with it. When he uses (cone-free) conditioner, his hair is limp and gets greasier everywhere, faster. He has a pretty oily scalp, so not sure if that helps.

We'll see in the future if I will be able to join you in this method! :)

nemileo
October 15th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Right now it seems like shampoo bar only works well for me. But I use coconut oil after every wash, so maybe that counts in like a cind of conditioner?

I have to be very careful not to get shampoo down the lengths though, cause it causes bad tangeling. And when I am traveling to other places with different hadness of the water I sometimes need contitioner too...

Konstifik
October 16th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Glad to hear I'm not alone. :D

My hair seems to not dislike shampoo even on the lengths, although then it has to be a bit more diluted. :)

Carina
October 17th, 2010, 07:42 AM
I use poo bars and shampo more.Condition once a week now.My hair likes it that way so I will continue and see how is works during winter.But oils seem to be enough right now.:cheese:

Konstifik
October 17th, 2010, 08:20 AM
I use poo bars and shampo more.Condition once a week now.My hair likes it that way so I will continue and see how is works during winter.But oils seem to be enough right now.:cheese:

Good to hear!
Winter is always the ultimate test to see if a certain method works. Good luck, I'll keep fingers crossed for you! :cheese: