PDA

View Full Version : How to do EVOO or mayo treatment?

CanadaSquirrel
October 15th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Does anyone have instructions on the proper way to do EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) or mayonnaise treatment? Like, how much to use, how long to leave it in, whether or not to cover it in plastic, to use heat or not, how to rinse it out, and whether or not to wash/condition immediately afterward?

Maybe someone else has already posted info on this somewhere?

CanadaSquirrel
October 15th, 2010, 12:15 PM
There, I changed the title so it says "olive oil" instead of "EVOO", just to make it more clear.

little_cherry
October 15th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Well, whnever I do a haironnaise (my version of mayo for hair) treatment, I just slather some on damp hair, cover with a shower cap and warm towl and leave it on for as long as I feel, which is anywhere from an hour (if I'm in a rush) to several hours. When it comes to to washing it out, I stand under a lukewarm-warm shower for a couple of minutes and then apply and gently massage in conditioner which I leave on for a for a few minutes...then I rinse.

Same goes for Olive oil treatments. Sometimes I do them on damp hair, or on dry. Sometimes I warm up the olive oil, or I don't. :) Sometimes an olive oil treatment stays on my hair overnight.

HairColoredHair
October 15th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Does anyone have instructions on the proper way to do EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) or mayonnaise treatment? Like, how much to use, how long to leave it in, whether or not to cover it in plastic, to use heat or not, how to rinse it out, and whether or not to wash/condition immediately afterward?

Maybe someone else has already posted info on this somewhere?
Just use enough to thoroughly coat your hair. The amount will vary depending on your hair, how long it is, how porous it is, how thick it is, etc. I don't cover with plastic because it bothers me and I don't use heat because I'm lazy. :lol: I wash it out with my normal wash. :) Just rinsing generally won't get the greasy out.

AspenSong
October 15th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I can only tell you what I do, personally - I'm sure there's far smarter, more experienced people here than I!
When I do Olive oil (or any oil) - I just load my dry hair up with it, focus on my ends and halfway up my length. I get it oily enough I can't touch it much without oily hands...haha.
Then I leave it in for as long as I can. An hour, several hours or even overnight at times (those times I use a bit less oil).
Then I wrap it on my head and cover it in saran wrap really well and I usually put a ski cap/winter hat on over it, because it holds in all that warmth and warms up the oil on my head, then I don't need to warm it beforehand.
I've had success rinsing it out with CO wash just fine - I just put on the conditoner fairly heavy all over and wait about twenty minutes and then wash like normal or rinse with Apple Cider Vinegar diluted. Sometimes I'll condition afterwards, sometimes not.
Either way, my hair is always super soft after! :)

CanadaSquirrel
October 15th, 2010, 01:05 PM
AspenSong, what a great idea to use a winter hat!