PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you to settle into your routine?

LisaMonster
October 14th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Or are you settled?

Is there such a thing as settling?

I've only recently discovered that I have hair care options aside from a bottle of shampoo and conditioner... all of the possibilities are exciting and overwhelming!

HairColoredHair
October 14th, 2010, 09:26 PM
..... I'm supposed to have a routine????

I knew I was forgetting something. :lol:

BrightEyes7
October 14th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I've been in my current routine for a few months now but I'm constantly changing things up. I don't think you can really settle into a routine because your hair and it's needs are always changing. For example my scalp is dryer in the winter and greasier in the summer.

pepperminttea
October 14th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I've been experimenting with my routine for the past six years; from no 'poo, to WO, stretching washes, no sulphates, no cones, no various other worrisome things. I currently use sulphates with no cones, cheap shampoo, with a gentle all natural conditioner, washing about once a week - that's worked for two months now, which is pretty good by my reckoning.

I would love to find a cheap routine that works for years and years, but I've yet to discover one for me.

chelseamichelle
October 14th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I would say that i'm pretty settled in my routine now. It took me a few months of experimenting to figure out what worked and what didn't. It was certainly a little overwhelming when I first joined LHC, with all the treatments and washing methods and oils etc. I really wasn't sure which way to go :p I thought it would never end..

All in all, i'm guessing it took me a good two months before I settled into my routine.

HintOfMint
October 15th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Do you mean discovering a decent routine for your hair, or getting used to it? Discovering a good routine can take months or years. Getting used to a routine that you know works for you is almost instantaneous (unless it's a pain in the butt to keep up.)

Aredhel77
October 15th, 2010, 02:13 AM
I'm not settled yet, having too much fun experimenting :)

<3OnHerSleeve
October 15th, 2010, 02:14 AM
I found that being in a challenge has automatically made me settle into a routine. Otherwise i get the "I can do it some other day"/"I can't be stuffed" attitude.
I've just started the Hair up Challenge, but I do feel more motivated doing it alongside other people.