PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Scalp Problems?

Dinosaurous
October 14th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Until the last few months I have never had a problem with dandruff. My scalp has been constantly itching and flaking. I haven't changed my shampoo or condition and I haven't had a problem with it before. I've tried washing my hair more, washing it less, and switching products and I can't seem to get rid of the itching and flaking. I have no clue what's going on with my head.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice or things to try. It's getting pretty unbearable.

pepperminttea
October 14th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Are you stressed more lately? Changed your diet? It might even be the change in the weather. My scalp seems to benefit from an ACV rinse at the end of a wash, I definitely get less itchies. 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to 8 liquid ounces of water is generally a good starter measure.

BrightEyes7
October 14th, 2010, 09:58 PM
I second the ACV rinse... Some times the ph of your scalp gets funked up for some unknown reasons.

Winterpast
October 14th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Add 5 drops of tea tree oil to shampoo, in a bowl/cup. Continue for a month of washes. Vinegar works well too, as pepperminttea stated.

Nightwishes
October 14th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Whoa... I got this same thing too. Not cool, hombre! To combat it, I've been shampooing about once a week and COing more often. It seems to be waning, but my hair's been frizzier than its usual self. Not cool either.

At least it's on the run.