PDA

View Full Version : Which is better a comb or brush?

sunnylee
October 14th, 2010, 07:19 PM
So I never brush my hair. But only because my hair is never really tangled. I wash it and it's smooth, I wake up and it just works. My friends are so frustrated w/ me because they can't believe I dont own a brush or comb. But honestly, I dont know which is better for me. I have longish straight hair. The only issue I have is when I curl it and put in tons of hair spray, but even then after a good washing all I need is my fingers to untangled what is there.

Bottom line is I've done some research on the <product name removed> site, (couldnt find any others) but don't want to buy everything out there. I know there are the barrel brushes, the straight rectangular looking ones, and the one with coarse bristles.But then there is the issue of vented, nylon, ceramic. As far as combs go, there are the skinny ones, or the big fatty ones. Which is best for me?

GeoJ
October 14th, 2010, 07:41 PM
I think if fingercombing alone is working for you, then you don't need to buy a comb or a brush.

If you really want to buy a comb, wide-toothed and seamless is best (although I recall someone here liking finer toothed combs better). I can't say much about brushes, the only brush-like thing I have is a Tangle Teezer.

veggielocks
October 14th, 2010, 07:50 PM
I like brushes or combs that are made of natural materials. My mom recently gave me a comb she got in Alaska made of birch. They don't get staticky and when they have served their purpose they can be composted. :)