PDA

View Full Version : Wavy question

arwenevenstar37
October 14th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I just discovered a couple of days ago that when I oil my hair at night before a wash (I have been using either camellia oil or the Parachute Coconut oil (the one that is liquid)) my straight hair actually gets wavy. Any ideas of why this is happening? I would love to have waves but my hair has never really shown much of them but now all of a sudden when I oil it it gets them...

I remember reading at some point that another LHC member stopped using cones and her hair is actually wavy, so I wonder if this has something to do with it?

thanks a lot

jojo
October 14th, 2010, 03:20 PM
My hair is more wavy when I don't use cones. The cones must weight them down or something, this is my conefree period and my favourite photo of my hair http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=354&pictureid=24447

Nowadays I prefer cones as my hair is longer and needs the extra protection that cones offer, maybe one day I will try conefree again!

pepperminttea
October 14th, 2010, 04:12 PM
My waves appeared more or less out of nowhere when I stopped using silicones, which do indeed weigh them down for me. I'm a 1B/1C with them, 2A without them. But strangely enough, for some people their hair gets straighter when they stop using silicones; it's a bit of a mixed bag.

Toadstool
October 14th, 2010, 04:32 PM
I just oiled my hair with coconut oil and noticed how my waves are back! I used cones earlier today though so it's not to do with that.

arwenevenstar37
October 14th, 2010, 06:54 PM
thanks :) I think I might try going wtih no cones for a bit and see how it goes :)