PDA

View Full Version : Is this site made by someone here?

Mely
May 26th, 2008, 11:46 PM
I stumbled over a site made by Janis Cortese. It has lots of interesting stuff.
http://www.io.com/~cortese/hair/index.html

Is this someone here?

She has a link to an extremely long hair community called Niamh Elite (http://community.livejournal.com/the_niamh_elite). Also a link to a site about movie hair styles called Imaginary Styles (http://imaginary-styles.iwarp.com/).

Jae6
May 27th, 2008, 12:09 AM
i can't answer your question, but IME caring for long hair is as laborious and expensive as caring for short hair. i HATE when people use that argument for/against a certain hair length. =T

Kuchen
May 27th, 2008, 12:15 AM
It's a great site, isn't it? Cortese used to be a member here under the name, Cortese. :flowers:

Gylfi
May 27th, 2008, 12:19 AM
I recognize a photo from the webpage as a user avatar here, and the name 'cortese' sounds familiar. However, the member search did not wield any results, so perhaps she had her account removed?

ETA: beaten :(

Riot Crrl
May 27th, 2008, 12:20 AM
I never knew her here, but I like her, lol.

Jae6, I gotta disagree. For me personally, short hair was a 45 minute nightmare every morning.

Elenna
May 27th, 2008, 12:59 AM
During down time, I found her website, and it has a lot of good info about long hair care.

Nevermore
May 27th, 2008, 01:21 AM
I'm with Riot Crrl. Long hair is much less expensive and laborious for me than short hair ever was, with the added bonus of being particularly pretty and happiness-inducing for me.

Rae~
May 27th, 2008, 01:21 AM
I miss cotese's posts; it's a shame she doesn't visit here any more.

Guenever
May 27th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Oh.. I remember cortese! She was one of my first long hair "idols" when I joined..
What a shame that she's not here anymore! =(

Mitzy
May 27th, 2008, 05:25 AM
I remember Cortese, too. I think she has been really busy lately with other stuff. Maybe she will come back someday?
I agree about long hair being easier. It is for me, too, and cheaper. But, as always, YMMV.

AJoifulNoise
May 27th, 2008, 08:54 AM
The back of her head looks familiar to me. But, I could be confused.

And, can I just say: "Seriously -- what does Infusium 23 do, anyhow? Infest your head with microscopic elves who run down every strand of hair individually and glue the split ends back together by hand, or what?" Bwahahahaha! :rollin:

snowbear
May 27th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I believe cortese left the boards permanently.

I had the pleasure of meeting her, and she's a font of information. I'm glad that her site is still up.

harpgal
May 27th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I believe cortese left the boards permanently.
Yes, she did.

I remember her well because she joined the LHC the very same day that I did. Her wrapped braid is legendary and I wear it often.

redbark
May 27th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Mitzy,

I love your avatar.

Patrycja
May 27th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the Imaginary Styles link.I was referred to it before but completely forgot to save it in my favorites.:flowers:

Sapphire'sWings
May 27th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I remember her too and I remember liking her posts as well. I'm happy to see that she has her website now. I spent last night looking through her site and I really found the information there helpful and interesting. I loved the long hair page and her Welsh page too. I loved the Welsh sound files she put up.

kwaniesiam
May 27th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Ooh, I wondered where she went. She was one of my first hair idols too! Thanks for the link to that site, there is so much awesome information there :)

Birchbark
May 27th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the link. I miss cortese, I always made a point to read her posts.

Saranne772
May 27th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Oo I will have to have a look at this site :D

sapphire-o
May 28th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Oh ya she's the one I learned the Gibraltar bun from. And I traded some hairtoys with her. Pleasant lady and very nice thick hair. :D

zift
May 28th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Yes, she did.

Aw:( She really did leave permanently? Do you know why harpgal? I almost didn't realize her absence, I thought she must be hanging around.

n3m3sis42
May 28th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I "know" her in passing from another community, and I didn't realize she'd left LHC. That's too bad. :(

dancingbarefoot
May 28th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Aw:( She really did leave permanently? Do you know why harpgal?

She chose to leave because she was unhappy with moderation decisions involving other members (and no, I won't go into detail). Normally I would hesitate to reveal even that, but I don't want rumors to spread. She wasn't in trouble with the moderators or anything like that - always a member in good standing.

blue_nant
May 28th, 2008, 06:41 PM
... I loved the long hair page and her Welsh page too. I loved the Welsh sound files she put up.

Woot! I'm on the Welsh lessons! Hubba Hubba! :cheese:

OR Cowgirl
May 28th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I stumbled across her site a while back too!! I was sure that she was a member here but couldn't find her. At least now I know why. Thanks, DBF!

Love her site and who knows, maybe one day she'll be back!

Mariah

Mitzy
May 28th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Redbark, thank you! It is pretty, isn't it? I think it is going to be my tattoo on my back.
I can't get on here often, because after work, I keep getting Server Too Busy messages and we are not supposed to surf the net at work.
Minor hijack - sorry.