PDA

View Full Version : Professional Curly Haircuts??

Babyk005
March 11th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I have really curly hair. Recently it has been though hell! Lots of dying and bleaching...and straightening irons. For a while it just didn't curl at all. I've done lots of deep treatments and stopped all the dying. My hair is finally starting to heal itself.
I want to get a haircut to remove the damaged ends and give my hair some shape. My problem is hairdressers never cut my hair right...its hard to find someone with experience cutting curly hair.
Does anyone know of a good place in Boston or somewhere in Massachusetts?? Where do you all go if you need a trim??

CurlyNinja
March 11th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Try going to naturallycurly.com, you can use the salon finder tool to look for someone to cut your hair that is experienced with curly hair. :)

redcelticcurls
March 11th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Try going to naturallycurly.com, you can use the salon finder tool to look for someone to cut your hair that is experienced with curly hair. :)

Ditto this. You can also ask in their General Hair Forum as there are some Mass folks there.

Beesweet
March 19th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Also the Ouidad people. Google them. My sister in law has beautiful curls, probably a 3B and swears by Ouidad. VERY pricy. I am sure they are in that area.
I took my type 4B daughter there and it was a total waste of money, however. Couldn't do anything with her curl type.

suicides_eve
May 10th, 2008, 11:06 PM
i taught myself on how cut curly hair my daughter is a 3a and her hair grows like a weed it took me a few times but i feel comfortable trimming her hair now

tmmycat
May 11th, 2008, 04:03 PM
You could try the salon finder at http://devaconcepts.com/

psvzum
May 11th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I live in Massachusetts and go to a salon in Lexington called Blue. Anna has been cutting my hair for years and I can't say enough good things about her. I have curly/wavy hair that I've been growing for years. She is excellent about not taking off more than you want. She also has curly hair that she's growing and understands the need NOT to hack off too much.

I go every 3 weeks to get my roots touched up and generally will get a trim every 3-4 months (layers only). I get my ends trimmed when they start looking ratty : )