PDA

View Full Version : Very pretty hair style video youtube

wackyredtangles
October 14th, 2010, 08:08 AM
I stumbled upon this one on youtube, and just thought it was very pretty and that you might all enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oh4gRZo1WA&feature=related

GeoJ
October 14th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Wow, I am certain that if I put a beaded ribbon in my hair, my hairs would tangle around the beads and it would be time-consuming and difficult to get the ribbon back out!

Anyway, it's an interesting style. If I ever try it I would use smooth ribbon.

KristiLe
October 14th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Very neat! Thanks for sharing! :D

Loreley
October 14th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Wow, it's beautiful! :)

beachwaves
October 14th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I LOVED that!!! Can't wait to try it.

Fairlight63
October 14th, 2010, 09:00 AM
That is really pretty! I wish that I was that good at braiding! As some one else said though, my hair would get all tangled up in the trinkets on the ribbon & it would be a nightmare getting it out!

wackyredtangles
October 14th, 2010, 09:03 AM
I kind of figured most LHCers would look askance at the beaded ribbon, but it can be left out altogether. I thought it was a nice variation on a crown braid myself.

Luckysock
October 14th, 2010, 09:39 AM
He has one on using deep conditioner as styling gel... good idea for the beach ...

may1em
October 14th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Confession time: I actually really like a lot of Johnny Lavoy's work, even thought I know that most of it is not very hair friendly. A lot of the ones where he uses heat styling look like you could skip it, though.

Sadly, I'm not sure he'd know what to do with hip-length hair.

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXJjr4_ghz0&feature=related

This one is also pretty, and I bet braid waves would work just as well as that scary contraption.

Raponsje
October 14th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I like this style and wear it a lot. Watching the video again reminds me to make the braids a bit more ruffled. I tend to keep them neat a that spoils the effect somewhat.

AstrayStar
October 14th, 2010, 11:20 AM
parroting the fear of beaded ribbon- but ohhh so beautiful!

Drarra
October 14th, 2010, 04:16 PM
The braid is so pretty. I think I'll try it with a smooth ribbon!

I love off-centered parts.

adiapalic
October 14th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Wow! I love this! I would do the beads in a heartbeat, to heck with the tangles... I'd just have to patiently remove them later. lol

Kome
October 14th, 2010, 07:03 PM
This is too cute. Thank you for the link. :)

pepperminttea
October 14th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Confession time: I actually really like a lot of Johnny Lavoy's work, even thought I know that most of it is not very hair friendly. A lot of the ones where he uses heat styling look like you could skip it, though.

This one is also pretty, and I bet braid waves would work just as well as that scary contraption.

I do like how clear his instructions are, I have to admit. And agreed, that second video style would work really nicely with braidwaves. :) I think my favourite part was when it zoomed in on her hair when he messed up the first braid with his finger and I noticed her - sparkly! - roots along the parting. :D

I love the ribbon in the first vid, though I too would be picking tangles out for a while afterward. But if I can find some plain ribbon I think I'll try it - thanks for the link!

EleanorRigby
October 14th, 2010, 09:29 PM
I've have seen this video before, is amazing but looks extremelly dificult, anyways looks amazing. thanks for sharing.:toast:

ddiana1979
October 14th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Eesh. The end style looks beautiful, but between the beads & the way he was handling her hair, I was cringing the whole time.

BrightEyes7
October 14th, 2010, 09:54 PM
That's really cute but I would do it without a ribbon, especially one with beads to get tangled.

evampr18
October 14th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I kind of figured most LHCers would look askance at the beaded ribbon, but it can be left out altogether. I thought it was a nice variation on a crown braid myself.
I am in love with that hairstyle. It is so cute. Thank you for sharing :) You are totally right too. I am going to try it but with simple, non beaded ribbons :) That is my solution, plus no one will be sweeter to my hair than me.
http://k53.pbase.com/u6/photobug/large/35321864.DSC_4208.jpg

adiapalic
October 15th, 2010, 07:26 AM

I know he used a "waving iron" as a quick way to achieve braid waves, but it was really cool to hear a stylist say these words:

"This look is great for those girls with naturally wavy hair, because you can finally put away those flat irons and embrace your natural waves."

How cool is that?
By the way though, hippy-chic sounds a bit like an oxymoron. lol :laugh: It's like saying "unkempt-refinement." Perhaps the achievement of the style today is just that though... a whole lot of attention to detail and effort into looking like you didn't do much at all.

I do like this style though, been loving the braids I see lately.