PDA

View Full Version : So I dyed my hair blue!

Brianna
October 14th, 2010, 07:52 AM
With Manic Panic, that is. =) I got the dye earlier this year to experiment with stripes etc., but it was too messy to try to do regularly. So I decided to just slap the rest of it on in one go. Result: really really dark blackish blue hair.

Colour before:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Saerin/Hair/PreBlue.jpg

Colour after:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Saerin/Hair/PostBlue.jpg

Indoors:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Saerin/Hair/BlueIndoors.jpg

All in all, I'm pretty happy. :D I don't think I'll be going this type of blue again (probably not really the best shade for my skintone) but I'm enjoying the different colour. I might try red next time. :cool:

Tonks
October 14th, 2010, 08:01 AM
That looks AWESOME!

Anje
October 14th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Oh, fun! I like it!

Wish I could do something like that. Unfortunately, blue is about the worst color on me. Green would be good, but putting green on red hair will just give me frog-butt brown.

GeoJ
October 14th, 2010, 08:04 AM
That is an interesting colour. I always wondered what Manic Panic would look like on dark hair.

Anyway, your hair looks beautiful.

aenflex
October 14th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Manic Panic is one of my favourite 'fun' hair colours. I really enjoy the non-permanent-ness of it all, and the fun colours. Before my recent Hendigo I kept a blonde streak at my temple just so that I could colour it with Manic Panic, red, purple, pink, it was so fun! Good for you!

breezefaerie
October 14th, 2010, 08:16 AM
So pretty!

angelfell
October 14th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Hehe that looks awesome :D. Bravo!

Loreley
October 14th, 2010, 08:50 AM
It looks cool! :cool:

TiaKitty
October 14th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I like it! How long before it washes out? I really like the variations in the color; it looks so natural because of that!

TinaDenali
October 14th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Wow, that's sooo pretty!! I really like it! :D

Tonks
October 14th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Ooh, I thought Manic Panic was permanent, so I haven't gone near it. How awesome would it be to have a pink streak?

LocustSpawning
October 14th, 2010, 11:06 AM
I really like how that looks.
My hair was green once, but looked blue in the light. It's my favourite kind of non-natural hair colour :)

RadiantNeedle
October 14th, 2010, 11:07 AM
That is glorious!
Ah, how I wish I could go back to purple and blue hair. Too much work!

AstrayStar
October 14th, 2010, 11:25 AM
That looks awesome!

swivelhop
October 14th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I love the blue, and I am totally envious of those that manic panic sticks for.

Issmene
October 14th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Thats really cool :O Especially on you long hair :P

Chestershire
October 14th, 2010, 12:22 PM
that's so awesome! :'D

pepperminttea
October 14th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Pretty colours = awesome.
Long hair = awesome.

You can't really go far wrong. :D

NotLostYet
October 14th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Love it1 I did the same with mine only purple.

FWIW, Meaghan, pink won't show up unless you bleach first

Brianna
October 14th, 2010, 03:27 PM
I like it! How long before it washes out? I really like the variations in the color; it looks so natural because of that!

Thanks! It probably won't stay in for very long; the last time it faded fairly quickly, and was out completely within a month or two. Which I can appreciate, since it lets me switch around more often, without having to worry that it'll stick to me too long. :)

Thank you all for the lovely words! :D

nemileo
October 14th, 2010, 04:30 PM
:cool:Awesome!! And you have sutch a beautiful head of hair too!!

Tonks
October 14th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Love it1 I did the same with mine only purple.

FWIW, Meaghan, pink won't show up unless you bleach first

Aw, damn. Is there any colour that would show up on dark hair?

McFearless
October 14th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I really love how it looks:)

MissManda
October 14th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Oooh! I think the blue looks quite pretty! I love how deep it is and I think it complements your hair texture. :)

NotLostYet
October 14th, 2010, 08:27 PM

I think any of the darker colors would show up, like blue/purple/green, but if your hair is dark brown you will only get a tint. You may or may not get any results from red. Orange and yellow probably won't show up at all.

Pink is actually, in my opinion (along with blue), the trickiest color because you really really have to bleach it for it to look right. That's why my hair is purple. I did it blue a couple of times, but since it's light brown it faded to that green color that you got in your hair as a kid if you spent too much time at the pool without washing it :D

dreamsofthewind
October 14th, 2010, 08:48 PM
*girlish shriek* I love this ridiculous amounts! It looks amazing! You just dyed over your natural color, correct?

EleanorRigby
October 14th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Looks amazing and very original, wonderful :D

Leisje
October 14th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I love blue hair. This looks awesome!

lundmir
October 14th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I really, really like that color. It is definitely gorgeous!

Dragon
October 15th, 2010, 02:03 AM
It looks cool :)

Noortje
October 15th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Verry cool indeed!
I have been tempted to try (the ad on the back of Nemi magazine is always winking at me) and i think you might have given me the last nudge I needed! :D
Now on deciding on the colour... :hmm::hmm:

HintOfMint
October 15th, 2010, 02:11 AM

I'm in the same boat, if it makes you feel any better. Always wanted pink hair, but temporary stuff won't show up on nearly black hair and the damage from bleach isn't worth it. *Sigh*

ilovelonghair
October 15th, 2010, 02:47 AM
I just did my hair with Manic Panic too :) (rather post here than start a whole new thread):
So I first did a streak:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=44&pictureid=85019

Turned out right, so I did many streaks (not my whole head):

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=44&pictureid=85773

It's not very visible! In the sun it is, so will take another picture.

My hair LOVES Manic Panic, my waves are back and my hair is soft and smooth again :)

Venefica
October 15th, 2010, 03:39 AM
I really like it, it looks very pretty Brianna, that bluish black color really suit you. But then your natural hair color is very pretty to. I have heard allot of good about manic panic dye, but I have never used that brand before. It is semi permanent is it not?

Kome
October 15th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Woah, that's really cool. Haha. I like that. :D

Brianna
October 15th, 2010, 11:48 AM
*girlish shriek* I love this ridiculous amounts! It looks amazing! You just dyed over your natural color, correct?

Thanks! My hair came pre-old-dyed (as you can see of the first picture; the ends are lighter) but I just slapped the Manic Panic on top, yes. No bleach involved. :)

Verry cool indeed!
I have been tempted to try (the ad on the back of Nemi magazine is always winking at me) and i think you might have given me the last nudge I needed! :D
Now on deciding on the colour... :hmm::hmm:

I can identify with this. ;) I got the colour from Dragens Hule myself, though as I recall their selection is a bit limited.

I really like it, it looks very pretty Brianna, that bluish black color really suit you. But then your natural hair color is very pretty to. I have heard allot of good about manic panic dye, but I have never used that brand before. It is semi permanent is it not?

Thank you! :D The dye is semi-permanent, yes. Actually, the colour bleeds very easily on me. I wouldn't have used it at all if I didn't know it was going to fade away completely.

Thank you so much, everyone! :flower:

hela
October 15th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Woah, I'd never have imagined the results! It looks great!

eamane
October 15th, 2010, 01:17 PM
That looks really cool on you :)

DivineComedian
October 15th, 2010, 01:53 PM
That looks lovely, I adore unusual colours like that. :) Stargazer are also wonderful for that sort of shade- I dyed my hair purple during my summer holiday and revelled in it (although sadly it didn't last long).

Alexannee10
October 15th, 2010, 02:01 PM
THIS IS SO GREAT ! I love it ! I thinked about dying my hair pink with manic panic earlier this year, but I wonder if it takes a long time to wash it out completly ?

Drarra
October 15th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I like the blue. I've always wanted the courage to dye my hair a non-conventional color; it seems like it would be fun.

Astarte_1980
October 16th, 2010, 07:08 AM
I like the colour blue

kabelaced
October 16th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Oooh, I love it!! :D

deko
October 16th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Wonderful color! The dark blue is so pretty! It shows really well.

How much color did you have to use?

GoddesJourney
October 16th, 2010, 11:38 AM
With Manic Panic, that is. =) I got the dye earlier this year to experiment with stripes etc., but it was too messy to try to do regularly. So I decided to just slap the rest of it on in one go. Result: really really dark blackish blue hair.

Colour before:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Saerin/Hair/PreBlue.jpg

Colour after:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Saerin/Hair/PostBlue.jpg

Indoors:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Saerin/Hair/BlueIndoors.jpg

All in all, I'm pretty happy. :D I don't think I'll be going this type of blue again (probably not really the best shade for my skintone) but I'm enjoying the different colour. I might try red next time. :cool:

This was my dream.;)

pennyroyal
October 16th, 2010, 02:53 PM
I have always wanted blue hair but my natural color is too dark for it to work. :(
Your hair looks so awesome!!! I love it.

mellie89
October 16th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Wow, looks great! Don't be surprised if it goes a little greenish before fading away completely. My friend used the dark blue on dark blond hair and she was green for a couple weeks. It was still cool though!

I just did a couple of red Manic Panic streaks yesterday. It's so fun. :D