PDA

View Full Version : Hairtype me?

littlebabywulf
May 26th, 2008, 09:37 PM
I've never been able to figure out what type of hair I have. It's so hard because the sides seem so much more curly than the back, which seems wavy on top and is pretty much stick straight on the bottom.

I posted a long time ago, but I'd combed out my hair. This time I showered, squeezed the water out of my hair, detangled with a wide tooth comb and put in some aloe gel, scrunched it back a bit and let it dry without touching. Maybe a little too much gel because it looks a bit icky at the scalp, but I also started up COing again after trying out shampoo bars. It's probably 90% dry now, and I just took the pictures.

Thanks! :flowers:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j62/Park_Rangerette/PICT1643-1.jpg

Here's a flipped side view so you can see that the sides are more curly than wavy.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j62/Park_Rangerette/PICT1644.jpg

And here's the back. I'm sorry it's rotated; it's the correct way in photobucket, but it won't show up correctly here for unknown reasons.

littlebabywulf
May 26th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Oh, can I also ask if my hair is one length? I have all of my layers cut out of it a few months ago; about 6 inches were cut out. But it's got a nice U shape to the back of it. Does that normally happen? :confused: I like it. I didn't realize how much it's grown back and hadn't noticed the shape since it's almost always up.

maskedrose
May 26th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I'd say 2b and I'd say that you are indeed all one length. It doesn't matter what kind of hemline you have, as long as all your hairs are relatively the same length from the crown to the hemline :)

PatGear
May 26th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I'm going with 2b. It looks a lot like mine (but mine doesn't have the curly underneath).

I'd call it one length with U-shape hemline.

littlebabywulf
May 26th, 2008, 10:54 PM
That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't entirely sure. I do have the "odd spiral curl forming here and there" like the article says, which is what I tried to get a picture of in the flip picture. Unfortunately, it didn't work out so well. How many odd spirals have to occur to be a 2c? I have a lot on the sides that drive.me.crazy!

Thanks again for your help!

Riot Crrl
May 26th, 2008, 11:41 PM
A lot of curlies and wurlies have different patterns all over our heads. Maybe the back is 2b and the sides are 2c or even 3a!

The back of my hair used to look somewhat like yours but a lot more S-y (and a lot less shiny and pretty). After starting CO (and I admit, having some layers cut) it magically transformed to 3a.

goldenwaves
May 27th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Hi, I'm not very experienced in the matter, but if I had to choose I would say 2c! Gorgeous hair :)

morgwn
May 27th, 2008, 05:40 AM
My hair does that often with seeming to take on different levels of waviness and curliness, hence why I've typed myself as 2b/2c. Good compromise. :D

littlebabywulf
May 27th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I think I'm going to go with 2b/2c since there's not an option for 2b/2c/1a. I have one section at the very name of my neck that looks like I've straighten it every day. :p

Thanks for all of your help and nice comments. :)

Saranne772
May 27th, 2008, 10:13 AM
I'd say 2b/2c

Katze
May 27th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I'd also go with somewhere between 2b and 2c. Your hair is very pretty!

lilalong
May 27th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I have no clue, but your hair looks beautiful.