PDA

View Full Version : Over conditioning

Bller
October 13th, 2010, 12:51 PM
How often do you guys tend to put too much conditioner in your hair, and make your hair look bad when it`s dry? I`m trying to find out the best amount for me, but i tend to go wrong once in a while. Any recomandation on how to avoid this?

SpinDance
October 13th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I've not found any amount of conditioner to be too much when washing, but any more than is actually needed is just washed down the drain and thus wasted. Leave ins I can tell I've got too much if it doesn't feel or look nice. It will look lank, possibly damp and will be flat.

Bller
October 13th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Well, my hair was exactly like that, and hair looked like it was satrting to dread lock :)). I did my ACV rinse for the first time, and conditioned again just a litle amount, lets see the results :D

SpinDance
October 13th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Perhaps a clarifying wash would help to reset things and remove any build up?

little_cherry
October 13th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Perhaps a clarifying wash would help to reset things and remove any build up?
Agreed! If your hair feels nasty, clarify and follow with a deep moisturising treatment like SMT. Conditioners and oils leave build up.

Carolyn
October 13th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I agree a clarifying wash could reset your hair. Sounds like you need a clean slate so you can start over.

I've never been able to over condition my hair and believe me I've tried my best to get to that point. I can over oil and I can use to much leave in but I can't use too much rinse out conditioner.