PDA

View Full Version : Crochet braid (aka REALLY long hair sighting)

Theobroma
October 13th, 2010, 06:16 AM
I just spotted this on Youtube while searching for something else.

Crochet braid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L13y7KlPR_Y&feature=fvsr)? It sounded interesting, so I clicked on it... only to discover that the lady demonstrating it has hair 77 inches long! :thudpile:

There's another video of her combing it out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE7r8E7vlzE&feature=channel) after washing. :agape:

I wonder how long it took her to grow to that length?

Loreley
October 13th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Yeah, her hair is stunning! She has great videos on youtube, and she's on Rapunzel's delight, there are pics of her long hair journey there, and she also writes about her hair care routine. :D

RachieBaby
October 13th, 2010, 04:12 PM
:agape: wow! Her hair is amazing!

Niwa
October 13th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Gorgeous! Very inspiring hair. I like her personality too.

Luckysock
October 13th, 2010, 04:42 PM
yeah holy moly! 77 inches!

GrowingGlory
October 13th, 2010, 04:49 PM
What a beautiful person, and with such gorgeous long hair!

enfys
October 13th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I saw the video of her combing her hair; it made me sad to hear some of the negative things she said, how awful she thought her ends looked. I hope she still appreciates the other 70"!

That's an awesome braid too.

pepperminttea
October 13th, 2010, 04:57 PM
She has a flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/12174449@N05/), too. Such a stunning head of hair.

Roseate
October 13th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Wow! That's a cool style. Though, seeing how it eats up length, my hair will be long enough for that when? Oh, never, that's when!

adiapalic
October 13th, 2010, 04:59 PM
That's amazing. I really like that style. :bluebiggr

capelli lunghi
October 13th, 2010, 05:02 PM
That braid is awesome! Thanks for sharing it! I'm definitely going to try this.. I will take pics if I can do it. It looks pretty simple. Multiple little ones would look awesome... OK.. off to try.. lol

CourtneyBee
October 13th, 2010, 05:03 PM
What a cool idea! Its so simple but looks like an incredibly complicated style when its finished :D

Jenn of Pence
October 13th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Wow! That's a cool style. Though, seeing how it eats up length, my hair will be long enough for that when? Oh, never, that's when!

Yeah.....never is looking about right! Amazing!

ChatNoir
October 13th, 2010, 05:11 PM
That was seriously stunning! :thudpile:

Black cat can has? :3

Winterpast
October 13th, 2010, 06:40 PM
What a unique style! It is beautiful!

christine1989
October 13th, 2010, 07:05 PM
77 inches!? Now that is serious dedication to long hair!

taliarose
October 13th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Tried it and my hair isn't long enough! :boohoo: I need longer hair. That was awsome!

verene
October 13th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Ooooo... I finger crochet my hair all the time when I'm bored - provided I've left my hair down when boredom strikes - never thought of turning it into a bun/braid though. I think I'm going to try this out! It looks so cool when she's finished it.

BrightEyes7
October 13th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I love that style. It kinda looks like the braid on the girl in the movie 'how to train your dragon'... I know because I watched it last night.

That woman has stunning hair and this style makes me wanna grow even longer

capelli lunghi
October 13th, 2010, 08:34 PM
I love that style. It kinda looks like the braid on the girl in the movie 'how to train your dragon'... I know because I watched it last night.

That woman has stunning hair and this style makes me wanna grow even longer
Ya know.. it really does! I notice her hair in the movie, too. I wondered how her braid was made.. (yeah, I know... anything can be done in animation.. lol)

I tried out this braid.. I like it! I did it with all my hair, then tried with a half up. If your hair is too short/thick to do all of it together, definitely try splitting your hair in sections..

I'll play some more and post pics...