PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Vogue italia hairstyles

LouLaLa
October 13th, 2010, 05:10 AM
http://cocoperez.com/2010-10-12-charlotte-di-calypso-models-some-crazy-hair-in-vogue-italia-beauty-october-issue

I just saw these pictures and was totally in awe! I know its done with wigs and hair pieces but there is a sock bun, and ive seen hair bows done with real hair, so maybe if someone has really long hair they could replicate it. Id do it myself but alas I think Id need about another foot to do this 'do.

The link is safe, i just didnt post the pics as the model is in a bra (but has a skirt on, so its not "dodgy") in one of the shots and so im not sure if its NSFW and I dont want to cause anyone any potential offense.

I love how wimsical it is! As soon as I have enough hair I am SO doing this style just to see if its possible with real hair!

If anyone fancies trying it out I think id die of happiness :p

morecowbell
October 13th, 2010, 06:30 AM
WOW. That is like a top hat of hair! :D
Thanks for sharing this... my hair is probably too short for this, but I might give it a go tomorrow when I'm off work...
You're enabling my dear :)

FoxRain
October 13th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Wow these look really cool! I love the first one a lot! that little bow thing is adorable with the bun :D
Thanks for sharing!

angelfell
October 13th, 2010, 08:21 AM
The hairstyle is pretty neat :p. The model freaks me out though, she looks literally like a doll.

kabelaced
October 13th, 2010, 08:32 AM
The hairstyle is pretty neat :p. The model freaks me out though, she looks literally like a doll.

Me, too - that futuristic, completely-brushed-over look kinda freaks me out :eek:

But I love the hairstyles, and would love to see someone try these out! :D

LouLaLa
October 13th, 2010, 09:47 AM
I dont think I have enough hair to do the loop as well as two sock buns but would anyone object if I cheated and made one out of synthetic hair and gave it a go? Then I think I may have enough material to work with.

i know the model looks a bit crazy but I always get happy when I see a style havent seen before, I know waterfall braids, dutch crowns etc are beautiful but its great to see a new "look" on the scene (even if you need metres of hair and the patience of a saint to create it :p)

I just think I HAVE to try this because its so awesome!

Morecowbell Im glad to be enabling :p If you do this style please bless us all with a picture I really wold love to see this style!

Yay!

BrightEyes7
October 13th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Those styles are awesome... It looks like if you wanted to make the bow out of real hair you'd have to blast it with a whole can of hair spray! :shudder:

heidihug
October 13th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Wow, the hair spray and product involved must be monumental! That said, I'd try something similar with my hair just once, to see if I could do it.

Completely off-topic, that last pic should be linked to in the "high-waisted pants" thread in the Friends Forum.

FrannyG
October 13th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I love how artistic people can be with hair and hair-pieces. I really enjoyed looking at that page. Thanks for the link. :)

LouLaLa
October 13th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Im glad everyone enjoyed it!

I dont think hairspray was used in the shoot really, I think its just a bowl wig with other hair pieces put on top, however I am going to try this, I may need to add in some synthetic hair as I lack the length but I am tempted to see if there is an LHC friendly way to create this!

Wish me luck :)

adiapalic
October 13th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Hehe, these look surreal. The hair reminds me of the hairstyles of the little Who-girl in The Grinch movie.

princessp
October 13th, 2010, 02:39 PM

She freaks me out too. She's like a blow-up doll or a cyborg, how some "women" will be in the future I'm sure.

tmancino
October 13th, 2010, 02:54 PM
wow I thought the model was a mannequin until I took a closer look. I did my daughter's hair in a hair bow....http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/tedwards1982/IMAG0293.jpg[/IMG]

princessp
October 13th, 2010, 03:08 PM
wow I thought the model was a mannequin until I took a closer look. I did my daughter's hair in a hair bow....http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/tedwards1982/IMAG0293.jpg[/IMG]

That is too cute, she's a doll but thankfully she looks real too :)

dropinthebucket
October 13th, 2010, 03:18 PM
The styles are nice, if artificial - thanks for sharing this. I think I can use it in class! Did anyone else notice how degrading it is that she is made to look like a mannequin and doing menial office work? The suggestion being, if you're a woman, your work is mechanical and of little value, while you excessively value your appearance and elaborate coiffure. Office workers are not mechanical, and they do valuable work! Barbie doll syndrome strikes again.

McFearless
October 14th, 2010, 05:28 PM
I really want to click that link, but I don't want to give money to Perez Hilton. He is a bully and somewhat of sadist.

Do you know what issue these photos are in?

McFearless
October 14th, 2010, 05:29 PM

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Ohmygosh she is just soo cute! *pinches cheeks*

Shorty89
October 14th, 2010, 08:23 PM
wait that's a real person not a dummy? :o

LouLaLa
October 15th, 2010, 02:47 AM
wait that's a real person not a dummy? :o

Its a real person and then they photoshop her to look fake to give a creepy stepford vibe. Its all wigs but I like the creativity.

I think ill try do the hair later- real life version :p