PDA

View Full Version : Aloe and coconut oil overnight?

Carriegirl
October 12th, 2010, 07:55 PM
My head is feeling rather itchy today (and hoping that means new growth based on another thread going on!) and i am feeling like cool AVG would feel so nice on my scalp. I was wondering, would there be a benefit to, or maybe a reason not to, doing a scalp massage and overnight oiling with a mix of AVG and coconut oil? I am thinking that it couldn't hurt, but i'm a noob so feedback is appreciated.

Thanks! :)

aenflex
October 13th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I think it would be fine. Cannot see a reason not to. I leave my oils in my hair and on my scalp for days on end. I have a dry scalp so this is fine for me. Sounds like you have a good plan :)

Gumball
October 13th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Give it a whirl. I've done that with no ill effects, although usually it's just the oil. Oil and aloe together are a rarer utilization for me, usually left for my length. They've been fine separate and together for me. If it doesn't fully agree with you, then wash it out and understand that it was a learning experience. If it does agree with you, all the better!

Carriegirl
October 13th, 2010, 12:06 PM
It worked just fine ;)

The aloe felt REALLY nice going on my head since it was cold from the fridge, i mixed a little with CO for the length.

I am really liking aloe for hair! :thumbsup: