PDA

View Full Version : if you could cut back for one day..........

jojo
October 12th, 2010, 07:49 PM
with a guarantee your hair would be back to its usual length, which length would you cut back to?

Mine would be APL or shoulder these are cool lengths, I still class these as long and I feel hair is less likely to split as the ends are not very old, you can do the odd updo and my waves where lovely at this length.

McFearless
October 12th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Do you mean have another shorter length for a day?

I would go bald! When I shaved half of my head years and years ago that side felt so free and fresh and lovely. Shoulder is also a great length.

Mangachan
October 12th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I would cut mine down to about an inch and dye it light brown or something.

pepperminttea
October 12th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Something really short, like a pixie. I've never gone that short and it would be nice to experience it for a day knowing I'd be back to waist length by the morning. Ah, if only... :)

Roseate
October 12th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I'd go all the way to a pixie cut, maybe with some longer bits in front. I could mess it up, slick it back, dye it, and bask in the ability to wash my hair without hours of soggy drying time.

I love very short hair on me, but I doubt I'll ever have it again; the grow out is just too painful. Thickness and wave guarantee that I look like Einstein for a full year between "pixie" and "presentable".

Themyst
October 12th, 2010, 08:01 PM
I'd probably go back to waist. It's easier to wear down that way.

Rivanariko
October 12th, 2010, 08:14 PM
A part of me would love to try a pixie cut, as I've never had my hair that short, and I honestly can't remember having short hair at all (had a chin-length bob when I was 7). I have no actual desire to have short hair, but I'm curious what it would be like, just for a day :)

cybernetica
October 12th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Hmmm I think maybe a funky punky angled bob or super cute pixie! Not like the horrendous pixie cut my grandma used to give me tho :(

Aleria
October 12th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I would love to try a chin-length reversed bob (longer in front, shorter in back). I've seen other wavies with this hairstyle and it looks super cute on them.
I'd also dye it bright turquoise.

Angeletti
October 12th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Well I haven't had my hair above my shoulders since I was a baby growing it out so I would definitely try something above shoulders. Maybe some kind of asymmetrical bob with long layers in the front and short towards the back.

karenpetal
October 12th, 2010, 09:31 PM
If I could cut my hair and have it back the next day -
I would try lot of stuff :)
Cut it in steps try layers, try a bob, pixie, mo-hawk or even shave it off - its been ages I have had a short hair cut so would love to have it but would want to be back to my longer version next day !!

Bene
October 12th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I'd go bald just to see what it's like.

Luckysock
October 12th, 2010, 09:41 PM
I had a really cute bob several year back. It looked amazing on the day i got it done - then never again looked the same. but for those few hours I felt totally awesome :)

Quixii
October 13th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Chin or ear length. I've always been curious about what those feel like, but I love my hair too much to find out.

Kathie
October 13th, 2010, 12:32 AM
I'd cut off my dyed hair so I had nothing but virgin. So that would be about 3 inches long all over. It would be nice to know what the virgin hair feels like without the dyed midlength and ends.

Monsterkitti
October 13th, 2010, 01:12 AM
I'd cut back to chin and really enjoy the super curlyness :)

camara
October 13th, 2010, 01:18 AM
I just spent a few minutes thinking about it, and I came to the conclusion that I wouldn´t. I like my hairs´ lenght as is. :lol:

Loreley
October 13th, 2010, 01:54 AM
I'd cut it to waist length. That would be really short to me. My hair hasn't been shorter than tailbone length for about 10 years.

KittyLost
October 13th, 2010, 01:56 AM
I would spend the day cutting gradually to experiment with angled bobs and short and spiky in the back to a pixie just to see what it was like and to know that if I ever did cut my hair short, what would look good :)

enfys
October 13th, 2010, 02:29 AM
I'd try a few things then shave my head, just to "know".

I couldn't to it for real because I think I konw really that long is all that suits me. I wouldn't want to be anyone else and short (<BSL) would feel like that to me.

crystal_89
October 13th, 2010, 03:26 AM
I really liked my pixie from the start of this year, though I got bored with it quick. Or maybe I'd try bald for a day.

JenniferNoel
October 13th, 2010, 06:50 AM
I'd cut to nape length and straighten the life out of it.
It would be fun to not have hair covering my shoulders, but it would get old after the first day anyways. Plus, as skeleton-skinny as I am, I'd look like I was trying to recover from some kind of disease. But nontheless, I'd like to be able to boat without a covering of some sort. :agree:

candlesandfish
October 13th, 2010, 07:24 AM
BSL and feathered, it's the most flattering way I've ever had my hair to wear down :)

If I ever do cut it, I'll probably do that. I don't think I will though, I like it long.

jojo
October 13th, 2010, 07:35 AM
going bald would be good, id look like a newly hatched chick!

Carolyn
October 13th, 2010, 07:37 AM
If it was just for one day I'd do a series of cuts up to an angled chin length bob. I don't think I'd ever recover if I saw myself in a pixie or bald. No desire to go there. But for a day of something different I think it would be fun. I'd have to be absolutely assured that I'd have my real hair back the next day though.

Anje
October 13th, 2010, 07:43 AM
I think I'd buzz it to about 1/8 inch. Bald is cool, but I love that fuzzy stage!

Besides, there was nothing good about shoulder length on me and I don't have any attachment to any of the lengths between there and where I am now, either. ETA: I can't remember a time when my hair wasn't at least shoulder length.

Bianca
October 13th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Only have shoulder lenght hair, and the longest it's ever been is BSL. But nevertheless have always wanted to try a pixie, not sure it would suit me, but wouldn't matter if I got my hair back the next day :p

sophiamarie
October 13th, 2010, 07:55 AM
I would probably try a just above shoulder bob. I had it before and loved the thickness of my ends at that length.

LadyLongLocks
October 13th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Tailbone length. My hair was fuller at the ends and I could wear it down without sitting on it. It was so thick it was like a broom.
Basically like the 3rd photo from left in my signature, although I would round it off a bit. The blunt hemline was too severe.

Neneka
October 13th, 2010, 08:10 AM
I would go bald. I have tried everything between pixie and BSL but I have never been bald. I would like to feel the shower and the air on my hairless scalp...

RadiantNeedle
October 13th, 2010, 08:36 AM
I'd shave it all except for two high pigtail sections, which I'd make into crazy dreadlocks!

melrose1985
October 13th, 2010, 08:41 AM
I would either go back to a really styled bob, very short in the back, or get my "scene" hair back- very short layers on top for spiking and long under hair.

But I do enjoy where my hair is now, pretty much the easiest styled I've had.

Nightshade
October 13th, 2010, 08:45 AM
I've never had hair shorter than BSL so I'd do some sort of cute and sassy Emo cut. Like so, but with green:

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv348/dani_13_02/emo-girl-hair-style-330x439.jpg

Babyfine
October 13th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Chin length bob like JennyMcCarthy(and I'd do blonde highlights if I could color damage free for just one day, LOL)
I don't look good in a pixie-I've had a couple of them one due to chemical damage and one just to see how I would look.

angelfell
October 13th, 2010, 08:58 AM
If I knew I'd wake up the next day with my hair back where it was, I'd cut it to a bob. I've always been curious of what I'd look like.. I've never had it that short :p.

HintOfMint
October 13th, 2010, 05:07 PM
A pixie cut. I almost cut it to that length a year ago, and while I'm glad I didn't because I love my hair now, I think I'll always have that tiny desire to see myself in hair that short. Very Jean Seberg or Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina. I love the tomboy/gamine look. It's an adorable and different way of expressing (ironically) femininity.

Spike
October 13th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Buzz cut. I think that's the only length it's never been. I almost wish I'd done that just before the last time I started growing again; and if I decide to go short once more, I think that's how I'll start.

Where'd I put the . . . just kidding!

tinti
October 13th, 2010, 05:27 PM
I once met a girl with the coolest pixie ever. I'd love having a cut like that for one day :)

christine1989
October 13th, 2010, 05:55 PM
I would cut it back to a short pixie cut with lots of choppy layers. It was a pain in the butt to style when I had it but looked great when it was done.

HeatherMae
October 13th, 2010, 06:10 PM
This is a fun question. :) I think I would like it ear length in the front and sides and then a little longer down my neck but tapered nicely. Something I wouldn't ever have the nerve to actually try.

Jenn of Pence
October 13th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I agree with lots of you; I'd love to see a real sleek angled bob on me...short in the back and longer towards the front. And maybe purple. ;)

Stagecoach
October 13th, 2010, 07:17 PM
I'd go to a short, just below shoulder length, with plenty of bouncy layers!