PDA

View Full Version : this is a silly question,really it is!

jojo
October 12th, 2010, 06:31 PM
but, do any of you get itchy scalps when your hair is going through a growth spurt?

My scalp is scap free:D I have no dandruff but I could itch my head until the cows come home!

anybody else notice this?:o

lora410
October 12th, 2010, 06:50 PM
ME! I get more of I need to massage feeling more then anything,so I think it falls into the same category of our scalps saying "touch me"

Fairlight63
October 12th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I have heard people on another board that I go to sometimes say that their scalp would itch when their hair was growing, but I have been observing for a while if I could tell when my hair was growing by if I could "feel" anything but I don't feel anything at all that I can tell.
Now, with my fingernails I can feel when they are growing they kind of throb or something, then in a few days I notice that they need to be cut again.

jojo
October 12th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Hooray I am not going mad! ive had a massive growth spurt an inch in less than a month and my head is itching like mad, not changed any of my routine at all, but hey it can itch all it likes if it continues growing!!!

McFearless
October 12th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I do I do!*raises both hands*

I had no idea it was from growth......horaaaay! No dandruff here either, my scalp has been pretty happy besides the itching.

MNoelH
October 12th, 2010, 07:11 PM
I swear I can feel my hair growing when I've had too much caffeine. I think it's the caffeine and not my hair actually growing. I no longer take Extra Strength Exedrine for just this reason. No No Doze for me either.

christine1989
October 12th, 2010, 07:38 PM
My head itches sometimes but I think it is hives rather than growth :(. The roots of my hair doo seem to feel funny and kind of hurt when my hair is growing more though.

jojo
October 12th, 2010, 07:42 PM
as long as theres no unwelcome critters lodging rent free, long may the head itch and the hair flow!:beerchug: glad its not just me!:) :)

ericthegreat
October 12th, 2010, 07:57 PM
My scalp itches only when I have gone too long without washing it, which is usually after 2 whole days or so. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with an increased growth spurt, just an overly oily scalp. My growth rate is more or less constant, but it does appear that it grows a little bit faster over the summer months.

pepperminttea
October 12th, 2010, 08:09 PM
I've got psoriasis on my scalp, so I've no idea if the itching is that doing its thing, or if it's growth. Fingers crossed for the latter! :)

Cheeks1206
October 12th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Hmmm ... what an interesting thought. I can't say I've ever noticed a link between a growth spurt and itchiness. I have, however, noticed I'm itchy when it's time to wash.

Addy
October 12th, 2010, 09:47 PM
When I get the itchies, I go straight for the vinegar!!! :D Hair growth or not, I can't stand an itchy head! lol

jojo
October 13th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I used to get psoriasis but the henna cured that and my hair never gets greasy, it just goes dull when it needs washing, funny it used to go greasy but again henna cured that, wonder why that is?