PDA

View Full Version : What length is your hair when bsl?

cleanbug
October 12th, 2010, 04:12 PM
So, my hair is 24.5 inches long. It seems to me that I am about 1/2 inch from the top of my bra strap. 2 questions:
1) is bsl when your hair reaches the top or bottom of the bra strap?
2) what is your hair length when it got to bsl?
I realized just recently that it could vary quite a bit depending one's height. I'd be interested to see the varying lengths that peoples hair is when it finally reaches bsl.

Thanks~
Tami

Honestwitness
October 12th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Mine is also 24.5 inches right now. I considered it officially BSL when it was 24 inches, because it reached the top of my horizontal bra strap at that length, when pulled taut.

MissManda
October 12th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I need to measure how long BSL is on me because I haven't measured with a properly-fitting bra on, which means the strap isn't riding up near APL. lol I do know wait length is 26" on me and my bra strap is only a few inches above my waist so I'm guessing BSL is around 23-24" on me.

As for when to officially declare BSL, I think it depends on personal preference. For myself, I'd declare BSL at the top of the bra strap and consider hair that is at the middle/bottom of the bra strap to be "full" BSL, if that makes any sense...

I'll have to go measure later and come back.

Oh, and I am 5'1", by the way. :)

ETA: Okay, I juat measured! These are my results:

Top of bra strap: 23.5"
Bottom of bra strap: 24.5"

My guess was really close! :D

Carriegirl
October 12th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Well i am 5'3" and my hair is 26.5 inches, it goes to the bottom of my bra strap (I can't wait until it passes!!). I consider BSL to be when it reaches your bra strap. So if it touches the top of your bra strap and you're standing straight, then i say it's BSL!

BTW, you have beautiful hair cleanbug - such a pretty color and i love the layering at the ends.

jojo
October 12th, 2010, 06:51 PM
I am just under 5.7 and BSL was 27" on me but I measured from the bottom of my strap, depends on what you want to determine as BSL. Waist is 3" from this and hip is 3" from waist!

The worst growth period was from APL at 21" to BSL took forever!

christine1989
October 12th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I consider BSL as meeting the bottom part of the bra strap.

I measure from the root of the hair to the end (not from the hairline to the ends) so my measurments are a bit different. I charted BSL as being around 18.5 inches (stretched) which for 2a/2b hair is about 21 inches unstreched. At this point some days it is at BSL and some days it is above it- it all depends on how wavy my hair is that day. I think by November or December I should be at a solid BSL unstreched :).

AreWild
October 12th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I'm 5'6" and BSL was 25" for me. I think it's when you're past the "dusting" point and your hemline firmly obscures - for lack of a better word - the top of your bra strap. That way you get to actually relish it a little while before your hair grows past it.

Anje
October 12th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I'm 5'7" (but my height is all leg), and I'd say BSL was about 25-26" on me.

I tend to consider the bottom of the bra band to be BSL. There's too much variation in where the top goes; I wear sports-bra-like things and the back band is about 4" thick.

pepperminttea
October 12th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I'm wondering if I measured wrong when I was there now, but BSL was 27" on me, and I'm 5'10".

Vermelha
October 12th, 2010, 08:58 PM
I'm touching the top of my bra strap, but I have only 23", but I am 5'6". BSL is a very tricky measurement, depending on the bra. It's practically imaginary...

Hotrox
October 12th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I'm wondering if I measured wrong when I was there now, but BSL was 27" on me, and I'm 5'10".

Nope - you didn't measure wrong. I'm also 5'10 and BSL is 27 inches on me too.

I Like being tall, but for hair growth it really sucks :p

Jenn of Pence
October 12th, 2010, 11:15 PM
I'm touching the top of my bra strap, but I have only 23", but I am 5'6". BSL is a very tricky measurement, depending on the bra. It's practically imaginary...

I absolutely agree. The placement of my bra strap can vary depending on the bra I'm wearing. I haven't stressed out over the exact length to the inch or anything, I was just happy to get into the general area. :)

That said, I was at BSL around 24-25". I'm fairly short, and I actually have a collapsed disc between my shoulders. According to doctors I would be about an inch taller, therefore rendering BSL a little further down. So that's a mixed blessing, eh? ;)

cleanbug
October 13th, 2010, 06:11 AM
thanks everyone for the replies. i find this thread very interesting! i am 5'7" and i am thinking "full" bsl would be about 26".
with being 24.5" now and still a 1/2" shy from the top of the bra strap, to reach the bottom of most of my bras, im thinking another 1.5" total bringing it to 26".

JenniferNoel
October 13th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Complete BSL on me always seems to be around 25-26 inches. I'm 5' 6".
Depends on the bra though. One I used to wear a while back marked APL more so than BSL. :p

Vermelha
October 13th, 2010, 06:58 AM
I absolutely agree. The placement of my bra strap can vary depending on the bra I'm wearing. I haven't stressed out over the exact length to the inch or anything, I was just happy to get into the general area. :)

That said, I was at BSL around 24-25". I'm fairly short, and I actually have a collapsed disc between my shoulders. According to doctors I would be about an inch taller, therefore rendering BSL a little further down. So that's a mixed blessing, eh? ;)

You know, it is in a way ;). But yeah, maybe people need to rename that area. I know some people consider the space between BSL and WL (waist) as MBL (midback length), but I think MBL should really replace BSL, because it's not the same for every woman and men don't wear bras, lol...

jojo
October 13th, 2010, 12:50 PM
I know midback is classed as the widest part of your ribs if thats any help!

freckles
October 13th, 2010, 02:07 PM
BSL was about 26" on me (I'm 5'4") but it varied by bra a lot. I waited to properly 'call' it until I went past the bottom of my bra strap on my lowest bra which was at around 27".

Qwackie
October 13th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I think about 24 or 25. APL and BSL for me really aren't that far, only about an inch or two.

FrannyG
October 13th, 2010, 04:18 PM
I'm at the bottom of my properly fitting brastrap at about 26-26 1/2 inches, and I'm almost there. Again. And hopefully for the last time.

<3OnHerSleeve
October 13th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I'm 5' 4" and my hair hits the top of my bra strap when I pull it straight or its wet. The sole disadvantage of curly hair (aside fr frizz) is that it appears shorter than what it actually is :cool:. Not to mention its hard to see growth progress. From front hairline to the ends its 22" but I prefer to measure from the top of my head to the ends which is 17". Next stop: mid back length :)

curlylocks85
October 14th, 2010, 11:04 AM
So, my hair is 24.5 inches long. It seems to me that I am about 1/2 inch from the top of my bra strap. 2 questions:
1) is bsl when your hair reaches the top or bottom of the bra strap?
2) what is your hair length when it got to bsl?
I realized just recently that it could vary quite a bit depending one's height. I'd be interested to see the varying lengths that peoples hair is when it finally reaches bsl.

Thanks~
Tami

It depends on what YOU want to consider BSL.
On me, BSL is when my hair covers my strap in the back which is 26 inches.
My height is 5'3".

ETA: I also consider BSL when the hair touches the top of the strap, but to me, it is full BSL once it covers the strap.

Joliebaby
October 14th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I consider BSl when my hair covers the band. On me it's 28" when stretched. I measure my hair stretched for consistency's sake.
I also would prefer the MBL measurement because bra straps and their positioning vary quite a bit :)
I'm 5'7" with a long neck. :)