PDA

View Full Version : confused !

Kyaatje
October 12th, 2010, 07:53 AM
I always thought of myself as having 1b hair. I do see some movement sometimes but since I keep my hair bunned wet most of the time I thought it was because of that.
Now I'm at home with back problems = no real updo's. After washing my hair I fingercombed it and left it to dry. Awaiting the moment I can post photo's I asked DB to take some pictures. And then came the shock ;) more movement then I thought !
So I was thinking it was the way the photo was made, so I attempted some more pic's ... with the same result !
Now I'm thinking I might be 1c or even 2a :cool:

As soon as I can show pic's I will, but did anybody else had this kind of surprise while growing their hair ?
I think it is pretty cool :eyebrows:

Kyaatje
October 12th, 2010, 06:14 PM
this is (more or less) the hair I started with in feb 2009 :
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/kyaatje/familie/gekke%20ikke/aintIcute-1.jpg

this is now :

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=6443&pictureid=85550http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/kyaatje/hair/P1000498.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/kyaatje/hair/P1000523.jpg

I would like to hear opinions : does it look healty ? Is it 1b or something else ?

:cheese:

jojo
October 12th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Well its not 1a for sure, I do see the off curl but its hard to type you as you have layers and these may be causing psudocurls (hey ive invented a new term!!) but I wouldnt be at all surprised if you ended up when longer as a 1b/c.

You have grown a lot in such a short time, well done!

Kyaatje
October 12th, 2010, 06:32 PM
off course !! layers will do the pseudocurl ! *slaps head* got all confused and forgot about the layers ... thanks :)

Anje
October 12th, 2010, 06:32 PM
That looks like it's about 1c or 2a. If you can give us a pic that's airdried without touching it or adding any product, we'll be able to give you a better estimate.

Kyaatje
October 12th, 2010, 06:35 PM
well on these pic's it is airdried and I did detangle it but that is all
Last picture is after sleeping on it ;)

1nuitblanche
October 12th, 2010, 06:43 PM
I also think it looks like a 1c or 2a depending on if you get more movement by not touching it at all.

Kyaatje
October 12th, 2010, 06:47 PM
ok will try not touching it at all next wash :D
It feels funny thinking you have 1a/b hair and then it changes on you LOL
That said when I was 12 I started getting real wiry course and curly hair but only on the crown area of my head and then about a year later it disappeared ... real crazy that

cybernetica
October 12th, 2010, 06:55 PM
WOW that's a heck of a lot of growth :0 Whats your secret?

Jenn of Pence
October 12th, 2010, 07:00 PM
I totally understand! Before I learned about hair typing, it never occurred to me that there is a spectrum of waviness/curliness that everyone's hair falls upon. Silly me! Then I realized that while I always considered my hair to be "straight," I actually have quite a bit of wave, but I can mostly comb/brush it out as it dries. I agree with 1c give or take. The "pseudocurls" from the layers are very pretty!

I certainly think hair can change over the years. I especially think that my ends might be different due to the few years of moderate straightening, but I won't know until that all grows off!

christine1989
October 12th, 2010, 07:13 PM
It looks like 1c to me. The same thing happened to me- my hair is about 1b when short and 2b when long.

jojo
October 12th, 2010, 07:17 PM
future wurly me thinks too!!!! I bet if you did CO washes you would be very surprised, all those little waves would come outta hiding!

Kyaatje
October 12th, 2010, 07:17 PM
WOW that's a heck of a lot of growth :0 Whats your secret?

my hair has grow spurts and then stops for a while LOL
but I've always been doing crazy things with it because it grows so easily

Kyaatje
October 12th, 2010, 07:20 PM
future wurly me thinks too!!!! I bet if you did CO washes you would be very surprised, all those little waves would come outta hiding!

I did some co washes last year (before the dreads) but my hair didn't like it. It seems to like shampoo bars and acv rinces and coconut oil or camelia oil

McFearless
October 12th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I have no idea about hair typing but I wanted to say your waves are so pretty! Your hair looks great:)

AreWild
October 12th, 2010, 07:38 PM
When I joined LHC my hair was just about that length (maybe a little shorter) and had similar layering. I'd say your hair is a full 1-2 steps closer to curly than mine. You have the waves I always wanted. I bet your hair would hold bun waves beautifully.

pepperminttea
October 12th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I totally understand! Before I learned about hair typing, it never occurred to me that there is a spectrum of waviness/curliness that everyone's hair falls upon. Silly me! Then I realized that while I always considered my hair to be "straight," I actually have quite a bit of wave, but I can mostly comb/brush it out as it dries.

Me too! Pre-LHC I'd always thought of myself as having straight hair that didn't behave much, rather than some actual wave.

Kyaatje: You look like a 1C/2A to me, given that the first photo is post-detangling. Congrats! :)

Kyaatje
October 13th, 2010, 02:54 AM
thank you so much everybody !
@pepperminttea : that is what I thought ! straight hair with an attitude LOL

And indeed bun waves do show really nice :D

Theobroma
October 13th, 2010, 06:20 AM
It looks like 1c to me, and it's really pretty too! That's some great growth you had between the two pictures.

And I've had surprises like that too. I used to think I was a 1c, because I used to blowdry and it always came out comparatively straight. Then I worked up the courage to let my hair air-dry and ended up somewhere in between 2c and 3a. !
:agape:

Kyaatje
October 13th, 2010, 06:24 AM
It looks like 1c to me, and it's really pretty too! That's some great growth you had between the two pictures.

And I've had surprises like that too. I used to think I was a 1c, because I used to blowdry and it always came out comparatively straight. Then I worked up the courage to let my hair air-dry and ended up somewhere in between 2c and 3a. !
:agape:

wow that is a difference ! I do like waves and curls so I'm not sad to discover them :cool:
thanks for the hair compliment ! After seeing some other people growth rates I was thinking mine was rather slow ... until I saw the picture !

BelleBot
October 13th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Oh wow, you have very pretty hair, definitely a 1c or perhaps 2a. 1b is still straight with just a bit more body than 1a, so I wouldn't say it was that.
I love how the big curls at the bottom really show off the colour variations, it's gorgeous! Well done on the growth by the way :)

Carolyn
October 13th, 2010, 07:20 AM
I think you are a 1C. I thought my hair was straighter than it really is too. Good LHC type hair care can bring out previously unknown waves. Your hair is lovely.

Kyaatje
October 13th, 2010, 12:01 PM
thank you all for the nice compliments and the help :)

I don't wash so often, but next time when I wash I'm going to leave it till it's dry and see what gives :applause

Spike
October 13th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Oh, yeah. I had long wavy hair as a teen and fought like heck to make it straighter. Lots of combing while wet in order to tame the waves. But even untouched it was a 1c.

Now I let it airdry and it’s a 2a/2b. I get spiral curls along the hairline at nape and temple, and some days I get a spiral in the "real" hair at the right side.

So long as it grows, I’m happy. :cheese:

Kyaatje
October 17th, 2010, 05:57 AM
as promised I washed my hair and then didn't touch it what so ever :D
So this is the result ... what do you guys think ? 1c 2a ? something completely different ? LOL
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/[IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/kyaatje/hair/P1000532.jpghttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/kyaatje/hair/P1000532.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/kyaatje/hair/P1000533.jpg

Yozhik
October 17th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Wow! I'd definitely put you at 2b at least! It's amazing what you discover with not touching your hair after washing!!

Very pretty wurls, by the way. :)

I like your black kitty, too!

Kyaatje
October 17th, 2010, 06:15 AM
He is a nice kitty :) Doesn't want to go on pictures most of the time so I'm always glad when I can sneek him on LOL

2b .... and here I was starting out thinking I was a 1a-1b kind of hairtype :p

rags
October 17th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I would agree with the 2b! Very pretty waves!

I thought I was a 1a, maybe a 1b when I came here. I always used cone-heavy products which pulled out any wave. When I clarified, my hair is a 2a, sometimes 2b. I type it as 1c/2a because I always comb it wet, so it ends up straighter. It's a shock to discover you have waves when you always thought you had straight hair which wouldn't behave!

In my own defense, :p my hair was straight until I started going through menopause. Then it decided to get wavy on me! (though I thought it was only being frizzy! )

DuckyDot
October 17th, 2010, 11:26 AM
2a/2b I would say :) Very Pretty hair :D

Kyaatje
October 17th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Thanks everyone for helping to find my hairtype and for the hair compliments of course !
I changed my settings to 2b and I'm going to try to learn new habits :D and try not to think of my hair as straight hair that doesn't behave !

I did have my hair longer before but I usely put it up in a bun of some sorts so I always thought the wavies were from bunning ... all that because as a child (6 year old) I really had 1a kind of hair, never realised it changed LOL