PDA

View Full Version : Kind of Starting Over

Saldana
October 11th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Hi! I'm sure most of you don't remember me - I was very active here for quite some time, but then got into a hair routine that worked for me, and kind of faded away....when I logged on just now, I realized I hadn't logged in since last MAY. Wow.

A lot has happened since then. Most dramatically, I got bangs cut...and then about a month later, I got my TB length hair cut off to about 2 inches below my shoulders. I don't know how long it is...I'd guess maybe 22 inches?

It was the right choice for me...and now...*drum roll please*....I am letting the silver sparklies grow in!

I know people will treat me differently, etc etc....but I turn 50 in about a month, and I'm tired of 1) pouring chemicals on my head that exacerbate my seborrhaeic dermatitis, and 2) I'm tired of fighting the clock. "Mature" is the new beautiful!

My plan right now is to keep getting it trimmed (I might let it grow out a bit longer, but not much) until it's all virgin hair, then I'll probably let it grow back out to about waistlength. Maybe I'll be fortunate enough to be one of those old ladies with a thick silverwhite braid. :)

Wish me luck....I think right now is the hardest part, because, to me at least, the 'snow on the roof' is very noticable.
I'm going to poke around and see if I can find the 'going grey' threads and groups, and join up.

I'm baaaaaaaaack.........

aenflex
October 11th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Welcome back? If I may, being newb-ish myself! Glad you are embracing the silver sparklies :)

Merlin
October 11th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Welcome back!

Toadstool
October 11th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Join the Renegrays!!

Rocket22
October 11th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Welcome back!

tinti
October 11th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Welcome back! Though, I am also a newbie :) Happy to see you embrace your sparklies! Not too sure what I'll do when ine comes, seeing as I have brownred hair :p

Carolyn
October 11th, 2010, 02:27 PM
I remember you! Welcome back :waving: There are some Renegray threads going.

TinaDenali
October 11th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Welcome back! I bet your hair looks fantastic! You should post a picture of your new sparklies :D

KarpatiiSiv
October 11th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Do come and say hello to us on the Salt and Pepper (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=16951) thread (Renegrays) you will be very welcome.

Kyaatje
October 11th, 2010, 03:17 PM
ohh I do love people with long gray/white hair !!
I'm fully intend on being a white haired red cheeked older lady LOL
the red cheeks I already have, white hair will have to wait a while I guess

DecafJane
October 11th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Welcome back. :D

jojo
October 11th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Welcome back nothing wrong with having a little snow on the roof! (just loved that saying!)

Xandergrammy
October 11th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I also made the decision to stop dyeing my hair after I turned 50. The loss of my sister sealed the deal for me. I was in a different phase of my life and it was time to just be me. I also have allergy troubles and honestly don't think I could stand the smell of the hair color anymore. I wish you much luck in your new journey. Please do visit the Salt and Pepper thread. You'll get lots of support and it's a fun group.

RecklessCharlie
October 11th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Welcome back! I applaud anyone who embraces their grey's - as I hope to do one day!

lundmir
October 11th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Welcome back, I hope you enjoy the LHC once again.

utdesertrunner
October 11th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Welcome back! I just came back too after a big cut! Good luck with your growing out goals, I'm sure it will be much easier maintenance also.

Saldana
October 13th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Thank you all so much for the kind 'welcome back' messages, and the encouragement for the path I'm taking!

I'm glad to be back.....I realize that I have missed this community very much.

Off to find the Renegrays.....:-D

Luckysock
October 13th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Welcome back! Sounds like a great plan :D

Teazel
October 13th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Welcome back! :waving:

Addy
October 13th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I will be 33 in December and had come to the point where I was "tired" of dying my hair to cover my silver sparklies. I have finally had the last bit of dye cut off in December after going cold turkey in August 08' and I don't regret it at all. My plan is to age gracefully! I think... :D

Good Luck to you growing out and Welcome back! :cool: