PDA

View Full Version : I just found my first silvers...

CryssieWillow
October 11th, 2010, 05:54 AM
I was checking for dandruff and I found my first gray hairs. Still very short, but still. They're grey! *feels old*
I've always known I would go gray young. It is in my family but I'd hoped that they would wait until I'd be in my thirties or when I've finally found my own house.
*sad face*

constantki
October 11th, 2010, 06:11 AM
I got my first grays at 16

mellie
October 11th, 2010, 06:14 AM
I got my first ones at age 19. It's pretty common, actually, it's just that most people dye their hair so nobody realizes that everyone else has gray hairs in their 20s too.

Embrace your sparklies! :cheer: Now you can be a Renegray!

Dragon
October 11th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Some one found my first gray when I was 16.

luluj
October 11th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Having gray hair when you are young is actually very "trendy" at the moment! Check this out......http://goinggraylookinggreat.com/index.php?/great_grays/article/cool_girls/

Nenwing
October 11th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I hear ya, I have found some whites sticking up and waving around! Ugh.

Some of those gals on that site of white/grey hair look well, too processed, but others look neat with it!

aenflex
October 11th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Welcome to the club (she says with more than a little hint of smugness)

:)

FrozenFlame22
October 11th, 2010, 05:28 PM
My sister in law got her first silvers at age 25. She has long dark chocolate brown hair with single strands of silver throughout and it looks soooo pretty! I really hope that my hair starts changing like that when it does.

GrowingGlory
October 11th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Now that I've passed 45, I see some silver strands sprinkled throughout my hair. It's a subtle reminder that I'm aging. At least they're pretty, though.

little_cherry
October 11th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Ahh, I love my silvers...found my first one at 15-16. I henna, but love how intensely sparkly they are!

CryssieWillow
October 12th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Oh gosh.... I see that 26 is not extremely young. *feels better now* :)
Well, it will be really pretty one day. My mum has this spectacular, shiny steel-grey hair :D

Anisaa
October 14th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the club :(

Anje
October 14th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Found my first one at 12, but they only started coming in in any quantity a few years ago. I blame grad school!

I guess it's a sign I need to stop hennaing soon. I really don't want to have to grow out a big line of red-to-silver one day, and I aspire to have flowing silver locks.

radiofreejenn
October 14th, 2010, 08:20 PM
I just noticed MORE silvers in my hair today. I'm growing out my old color and right in the part of my hair- 2 more silvers. I swear those things multiply way too fast.

xoxophelia
October 14th, 2010, 08:23 PM
You might have to wait to find out though. Hairs turn clear or white when they are getting ready to be shed :)

GeoJ
October 14th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I got my first two white hairs in my late 20's, no new ones yet since then (even through having a baby and then grad school). I think I might gray very slowly like my Mom (she is probably only 15% gray now, if that).

Actually, right now I have no whites. They both shed in my big shed earlier this year, and I haven't spotted them in the regrowth yet.