PDA

View Full Version : CWC - does it really work?

McFearless
October 10th, 2010, 09:46 PM
I've experiemented with S&C washes and CWC but there doesnt seem to be much difference. I know the first C in CWC is supposed to act as a buffer but I feel like the shampoo on my scalp ends up touching my ends anyway:confused: Am I doing it wrong?

Khiwanean
October 10th, 2010, 10:06 PM
CWC has made a big difference for me. Granted, I still use SLES and I make sure my first C is a coney conditioner. That way more of what the SLES is stripping is cones, not my hair's natural oils.

Are you rinsing after the first C? I don't rinse until after I've shampooed. Then I condition again and don't rinse that until after I've washed everything else.

enfys
October 11th, 2010, 04:58 AM
I've been doing it for 7 years because it really works for me.

I put on a cheap no-cone conditioner one what would be my length in a ponytail; not on the scalp, but over the length.

I shampoo my scalp only with a diluted shampoo. I use shampoo with SLS.

I them hold my length out of the way while rinsing the majority of the lather off.

When I have most of the lather off I let go of my length and let what's left of the suds rinse down it as I massage what's left of the shampoo off my scalp.

I then focus on rinsing the length of shampoo and conditioner before applying my coney conditioner mostly to the lengths, wiping the residue on my hairline and nape.

I clip it up, do the rest of my bathtime stuff and rinse.

As crazily time consuming as it sounds, it only takes a few minutes to do. Is there anything in that which is different to what you do that maybe you could try?

Henrietta
October 12th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Yes, it works:) Maybe the shampoo slides on the ends, as they are covered with conditioner? Are you sure that the shampoo touches your ends directly? Maybe try more dense condish for the first C? And the best thing to do it enfys'es trick- hold the length out of the way when you are rinsing the shampoo.

evampr18
October 13th, 2010, 10:18 PM
OKAY, have I been doing it wrong? I put conditioner only on the ends, then water throughout, then conditioner again on ends. As in I do not put use shampoo anymore....Am I wrong too ? Eek.

Melisande
October 14th, 2010, 12:52 AM
CWC is condition, wash, condition. It works for me for four or five years now. I condition my lengths, shampoo only my scalp with diluted SLeS shampoo (no scrubbing no rubbing, just letting it sit a bit on my scalp and swishing it around a bit), wash it all out and condition the lengths again. Has made a world of difference to my dry sensitive hair and scalp! No frizz anymore.

Evampyr, what you do is called CO, conditioner only. Why eek? It's not a test where you have to give the right answer. Do what feels best for your hair, whatever it's called in this online community. There is no right or wrong as long as your hair is happy!

ChatNoir
October 14th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Hello!

I've been doing CWC for some time now and it has really made a difference for my hair. I'm only at about shoulder, so taking care of my ends is crucial for me.

I condition my lengths, shampoo my scalp, rinse, condition again and let it sit while I wash the rest of my body. :)

Mind you, not everybody finds that CWC is enough for them to take care of their ends. ;)

Good luck in finding your path! :D

Katze
October 14th, 2010, 02:25 AM
I really like CWC, but I also sometimes WC or CW wash. CWC does seem to keep my length better moisturized. It is always a fine line to get my scalp clean but keep my length happy, since I have fine but wavy hair.

Personally I find a mix of methods best - sometimes I CWC, sometimes WO, very rarely CO, and sometimes CW or WC. Depends on how I feel and how dirty my hair is.

FrannyG
October 14th, 2010, 03:17 AM
OKAY, have I been doing it wrong? I put conditioner only on the ends, then water throughout, then conditioner again on ends. As in I do not put use shampoo anymore....Am I wrong too ? Eek.

It sounds like you are COing as in Conditioner Only. If so, you might want to thoroughly drench your hair with water, saturate your hair and scalp with conditioner, so that your scalp is cleansed as well. Then you rinse that well and you may or may not need to condition your ends with a heavier conditioner as a final step.

I've only briefly outlined the process, but if you do a search for "conditioner only", you'll get detailed instructions.

On the other hand, if you're happy with how your current routine is working, then stick with it!

Phexlyn
October 14th, 2010, 03:22 AM
For me, CWC keeps the length more moisturized than just S&C, so yes, it works. I just have to be careful not to use a heavy conditioner too often in order to avoid buildup.

venusje
October 14th, 2010, 03:56 AM
I also love the CWC method.
It keeps my length very soft and shiny!

McFearless
October 14th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Are you rinsing after the first C? I don't rinse until after I've shampooed. Then I condition again and don't rinse that until after I've washed everything else.

Thats what I'm doing. Like you I use a thick coney condish first..shampoo the scalp... pull the ends over my shoulder so the water hits my scalp first and then finish rinsing before using a lighter conditioner.

Hmmm...

McFearless
October 14th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Hello!

I've been doing CWC for some time now and it has really made a difference for my hair. I'm only at about shoulder, so taking care of my ends is crucial for me.

I condition my lengths, shampoo my scalp, rinse, condition again and let it sit while I wash the rest of my body. :)

Mind you, not everybody finds that CWC is enough for them to take care of their ends. ;)

Good luck in finding your path! :D

Hey lady:)

Our washing routines sound similar. I think my problem is I need a trim on the last few inches. My length besides the last few inches are very soft. Perhaps the ends are just beyond repair.

McFearless
October 14th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone! Glad it works for you bunch:)

Henrietta
October 16th, 2010, 09:44 AM
We have an official CWC thread;)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=53421