PDA

View Full Version : Which is better long term?

excentricat
October 10th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I've been experimenting with washing styles, and have decided that my best options are CWC or Scalp washes only on most days. I have to wash my scalp every day for the oil. Actually, I skip here and there, but not much. My problem is that I cannot keep the length of my hair dry when I'm doing a scalp wash. I don't have the hand held shower thingie, and no matter how much I wrap it, the water gets in.

With the assumption that I'm already wetting my hair every day, which do you think will be better long term, the cwc where the length gets conditioner every time, or the scalp wash where the length gets nothing but water?

And thanks for reading all of that.

PrincessBob
October 10th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I have been basically scalp-only for the last month, but rinse the suds down my entire length as it comes off my scalp, I just don't apply the shampoo to my length and do not scrub my length. I am also considering using CO washing the whole length every other wash during the winter, because the winter seems to be very drying (prolly because I am not shy about using central heating).

Really, you should experiment. You mention that your scalp is oily, so maybe you should scalp only as far as shampoo goes, but conditioner wash the length (if that makes sense>:)).

danacc
October 10th, 2010, 08:57 PM
A conditioner applied to the length before washing the scalp will be more protective. I recommend trying a light one without 'cones since you will be using it every day. You can also leave off the last C in the CWC as an option sometimes.

excentricat
October 11th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Thanks ladies. I'll keep the conditioner on my length then.

torrilin
October 11th, 2010, 09:38 AM
On my hair, I'd probably just continue on with CWC, since that is working well for me, and no conditioner is my hair's worst nightmare.

On other hair, I'd probably run an experiment. Try a month of CWC, try a month of scalp washes with less conditioner, and maybe some runs with oil, depending on how the hair reacted. There isn't one right answer, and if you test things out, you will have a clearer idea of what variations work well for you.

MsBubbles
October 11th, 2010, 09:40 AM
For me, the scalp washes are still better regarding damage-avoidance, because I don't get tangles - even if the length gets wet - like I do if I wash the length. But my hair is at waist length so that might not be an issue for you.

Keep the scalp washes in mind for when you get past BSL, though!