PDA

View Full Version : Question about growth

HollowHannah
May 26th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I sound really stupid I know but is it possible for hair to stop growing for a while, say a few months to a year and then start again? I'm praying it is so lol

savi
May 26th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I've read about other members reporting that it's happened to them, so I do believe that happens. I know that my hair grows slower during the winter so maybe it's a seasonal thing? I think it will pass. :)

kimki
May 26th, 2008, 03:58 PM
It is possible. Sometimes I feel like my growth rate is related to my health and my diet. The growth seems to slow when I am not feeling my best.

Flaxen
May 26th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I've had stalls of two or three months. After a year, though, I would be concerned about breakage or trims canceling out any growth or the possibility of terminal length.

HollowHannah
May 27th, 2008, 12:58 AM
Well for me it's only been a couple of months with no growth so I'm praying it's seasonal but my aunt has had really long hair from since I can remember and it stopped growing for about 3 years. She was really depressed about it and then all of a sudden it just started growing again (just after she got divorced, coincidence? lol) Maybe it is seasonal but with the weather in this country I'm suprised my hair knows what to do with itself lol