PDA

View Full Version : Are You Happy With Your Hair

Dragon
October 10th, 2010, 04:00 PM
I have noticed that most people seem to hate the hair they are born with. Is there any one who is happy with there natural hair?

TinaDenali
October 10th, 2010, 04:01 PM
I am fairly happy with my hair. I know how to manage it, now, so that makes it easier to like it. I really like my hair's texture. The thickness is ok, could be thicker, but it's just fine. :)

Capybara
October 10th, 2010, 04:01 PM
I am :) Granted, I do admire all colours, lengths, and textures of hair, but I'm content with my own.

In the dream hair thread, many people stated that their dream hair was their own hair :)

pepperminttea
October 10th, 2010, 04:12 PM
I am, mostly. I wish sometimes that it was that bit stronger, thicker, longer, etc. - but I'm grateful for the hair I've got. :)

AspenSong
October 10th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I'm happy with mine usually...I'm in a funk right now where I wish for MORE of it and for it to be faster growing. But I am happy with color, etc.

HintOfMint
October 10th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Sometimes I admire or envy other kinds of hair, but truth be told, I wouldn't trade my hair for anything. Granted, I would like it to be as thick as UltraBella's or as resilient as Ericthegreat's, but I'm not unhappy with my own hair as a result.

Superfine
October 10th, 2010, 04:26 PM
I'm very happy now that my hair is BSL. It is so fine & was looking thin as short hair. Also very subject to weather: humidity, wind. I love golf & long hair works so great with a baseball cap & then a bun to protect the ends. I could play in strong winds no problem. I am also enjoying no artificial color. My grey blends with the gold & light brown & looks pewter sometimes. Anyway, it's all pretty natural & easy to care for. Thank you all for the wonderful hints & encouragement!

tinti
October 10th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I don't know. Sometimes I am. I'm content with the thickness and suff, but what I don't like is the layers (which I just have to grow out, so in a few years that problem is gone :)) and my color is too boring, I think. Everyone loves it, but I think it's too ... anonymous. WHen there was more red in it it had at least some personality. But other than that I'm happy.

Carriegirl
October 10th, 2010, 05:06 PM
For me it depends on the day. But overall i really do love my hair. It is straight, but i can do no-heat methods to curl or wave it. It is thin, but not too thin. It is healthy overall, just needs more gentle care than i have given it in the past before coming to this community and becoming obsessed with my hair! I want it to be longer, but that will happen. And i love the color, nice medium brown, and even with henna it looks a rich warm brown. So, yes, i'm pretty happy overall :-)

jojo
October 10th, 2010, 05:58 PM
On the whole yes I am happy with my hair. I was all virgin and now hendigo and to be honest my hair is stronger now and thicker its like my hair has more protection. A little more length would be nice but im at a more content length now and can just relax and let nature take its course.

lundmir
October 10th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I am, I love my black hair but I also love experimenting with other colors. I love the texture and its softness, and I only wish it would be longer. But it's getting there.

lw8666
October 10th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I am very happy with my natural hair. I have wavy dark brown hair. Ive always envied the blondes, until I bleached my hair 3 years ago. That's when I realized I really missed and appreciated my natural hair color. I have my virgin hair now at shoulder length. Cant wait to get to BSL+longer, when it looks best!

LHC has also motivated me to be natural and love what I have. This place is awesome and everyone has taught me so much.

Carolyn
October 10th, 2010, 06:32 PM
For the most part yes.

Xi
October 10th, 2010, 06:36 PM
For the most part yes.

Ditto:sun: My hair is not so very remarkable, I suppose, but it makes me happy enough that I've never tried to change it.

Copasetic
October 10th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I'm happy with my hair. There are days when I wish it would behave better, but I really wouldn't trade my hair for anyone else's.

MrsGuther
October 10th, 2010, 07:07 PM
I looked in the mirror the other day and I actually thought to myself for once "My hair looks so pretty!" So I guess you could say that I am happy with my hair. I wish it was as naturally super blonde as it used to be when I was a young child though... bleaching is not good for hair LOL so I have stopped doing that!

boomtownrat
October 10th, 2010, 07:19 PM
I love having silver hair that's soft and on the fine-to-medium end of the spectrum (so never let it be said that all grey/silver/white hair is coarse and wiry). It's not growing fast enough for my liking and my scalp continues to have issues, but overall I like my hair.

christine1989
October 10th, 2010, 07:25 PM
There are so many things I would tweak about it if I could. I want it to be a bit thicker, better/thicker looking ends, not so prone to dryness and of course longer. However I like my hair a whole lot more now than I did a few years back so I would call that an improvement overall :).

Athena's Owl
October 10th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I have noticed that most people seem to hate the hair they are born with. Is there any one who is happy with there natural hair?

my natural hair is far more interesting and suited to me than any of the things i did to manipulate it into some ideal image. I've reached and exceeded my length goal, i'm just holding fast at tailbone while I wait for the ends to thicken up a bit, then i'll decide if i want to let it grow to classic or not.

FrannyG
October 10th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I was never happy with my hair until I finally accepted it for being what it is: fine and straight. I had spent most of my life spending time curling, styling and perming it to get the look of a different hair type.

It wasn't until I decided to give up heat styling before I joined LHC that I really learned to love my hair exactly the way it is.

So yes, I can say with all honesty that I am very, very happy with my hair.

Bene
October 10th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I stopped hating my natural hair when I stopped trying to make it something else.

Jules diamond
October 10th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I'm pretty happy with my hair. :3 Sometimes I wish it was dark red, but mostly I like having it.

Stagecoach
October 10th, 2010, 08:01 PM
I like my hair. I'd also like it if it was a different color, curly, thicker, ect, but I DO like it just as it is!

constantki
October 10th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I love my waves and color!!
However, I sometimes wish my hair was more predictable and less fickle.

Kristin
October 10th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Most days I really like my hair. It is soft and shiny and straight, so pretty easy to manage. I'd like it to be longer, but really, who here wouldn't like a few more inches? :D

desertgirl
October 10th, 2010, 08:08 PM
My hair and I have had a love-hate relationship over the years, but I've grown to love it! I love the waves. I think it's the most flattering style/type for my face and figure, which makes me happy!

FrozenFlame22
October 10th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I honestly don't know if I'm happy with my hair!

I've been abusing my hair for so long with sporadic periods of babying my hair that I really don't know what it looks and feels like when it is itself. When deciding if I like my hair or not, I try to see past the damage, but i won't know for sure until the damage has grown out.

The color, however, I'm still coming to terms with. When I was little, I had platinum blonde hair that gradually darkened to a very pretty golden blonde when I was a teenager. Now it is continuing to darken and is now hardly blonde but rather a light brown. I think I'd be happier with the color once it is dark enough to be called definitely brown. I like blonde and brown both but not this in between stage. I'm very envious of my sister in law who started having strands of silver in her chocolate brown hair when she turned 25. She looks so pretty!

Dark Rosaleen
October 10th, 2010, 08:49 PM
I like mine for the most part. I wish it were a little bit thicker, but I like my waves and the natural color coming in, even with the silvers.

lindaton
October 10th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I thought I was happy with my hair until yesterday when I was taking pics to post for my 1 year anniversary. Then I started critiquing it. It has no shine. The hemline isnt thick enough. I hate the waves. But every time I go anywhere it seems I get all kinds of compliments. Maybe I just need to oil more?

Linda

Loreley
October 10th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I usually like my hair. But sometimes I want to chop it back to waist length because the ends are too thin.

Khiwanean
October 10th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I'm pretty happy with my natural hair, when it's properly wavy. I does do that naturally, but it's really inconsistent. It'll be a solid 2a/2b or occasionally 2c after it dries on wash day, but in a few days it's straightened out to 1b/1c. I do love the shape my hemline grows into and the variance in color.

Toadstool
October 11th, 2010, 01:43 AM
I like that my hair is very thick and resilient. I dislike my natural colour and texture - I would really like red ringlets!

Fufu
October 11th, 2010, 01:49 AM
I'm happy with my hair now..

although i need to trim my fringe again and wait for another 3 months to see my hair grow longer :)

summergame
October 11th, 2010, 01:49 AM
I'm not so happy with my hair, it grows very slowly and it's to fine. My natural color I don't like, it's an ash tone, and whatever I try,i'm can't let it shine(of corse it shines with oil,but then it's to grease.

Kyaatje
October 11th, 2010, 02:33 AM
I like mine ... like the colour, the way it looks in general but even so I still like to do crazy things with it sometimes : not because I don't iike it but more because I'm silly like that sometimes LOL

Merewen
October 11th, 2010, 06:27 AM
I like my hair pretty well. I mean, it isn't perfect, but honestly, there aren't that many things I'd want to change, and those things are pretty small.

sophiamarie
October 11th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I have days that I love my hair and days that I don't actually hate it, but dislike how it's behaving. I mostly wish it was thicker. I used to love it before all the layering. I think I will love
it again once the shorter layers get longer.

XcaliburGirl
October 11th, 2010, 07:53 AM
I'm happy with my hair. My scalp on the other hand...

kristymarie87
October 11th, 2010, 07:57 AM
I always hated my natural colour. Its a dirty blonde/brown (closer to brown) It doesnt shine, isnt multitonal. I hate it! I've been dying it since i was 13 and it looks better dark or red. There was a lovely shade of dark blonde i had it but it was an accident.

The texture was always thin and stringy until i hit my teens when it was very thick and i had to have layers put in.

I dye it now with a semi close to my natural colour but with more depth and darker. I also have blonde slices in the fringe.

I now have frizzy hair partly due to heat styling - which i do once per week. I can see the more it grows and the more damage i trim off the ends the thicker its becoming :D

luxepiggy
October 11th, 2010, 10:32 AM
I love my hair, full stop, no qualifications (^(oo)^)v

Alcenaia
October 11th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Someone else actually commented on this, saying, "You're one of the few people I know who is actually happy with their natural hair." It was a nice thing to say.

Sometimes I admire others' hair, but I definitely am happy with my own. :)

Chestershire
October 11th, 2010, 01:31 PM
I love the brownish color. As a kid, I always wanted to dye it pink or blue, but I guess I only wanted that because I knew my mum would dissaprove :D I do would like to have like, more or thicker hair, but I've heared from friends that's not great either

aenflex
October 11th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Recently, very recently, I was driving and crying, (not crying really), and I just realized that you know what - I'm gonna like my hair no matter what from now on. It will never be 'exactly' what I want, I know this and it knows this too. So I'm not gonna pester it or be let down when it goes curly or awry. I'm just gonna love it for what it is, and I'm not gonna worry what people behind me think :) Tell you the truth it feels liberating. So what if it's not perfect!

Rocket22
October 11th, 2010, 02:17 PM
I'm gonna learn to be darn happy with my hair! wish it was longer thicker stronger etc... but guess I have hair so should be happy with it. I'm sure when I get a few more inches on it I'll like it more

helwa
October 11th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Honest to god, I hated my hair before I came on LHC. Or at least I thought that I did, but truth is I had spent such a long time trying to turn my hair into something that it's not that I had literally forgotten what it looks like in its natural state. I think it all boils down to the fact that I never learned how to handle my hair the way it is. I'm still in the process of learning to love it but I think I will, as soon as I have grown out my natural hair color and trimmed off all the damage. :)

bte
October 11th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Happy?
Colour, texture and type - yes.
Length - frustrated at times to know that my original goal is impossible, but most of the time happy that I have reached enough of my mini goals for the journey to have been worthwhile.

Anje
October 11th, 2010, 03:18 PM
In general, yes, I'm happy with my hair.

That's something that changed somewhere after joining LHC. I stopped wanting to trade hair with others, and I've learned how to enjoy and not fight my hairtype. I still envy thickness, different textures, etc., but I like the hair coming out of my head. And that's pretty cool.

Qwackie
October 11th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I like it, but I wish it were darker, not off black but pure black.

Naphthylamine
October 11th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I have golden blonde hair, which is pretty uncommon in the country I live in. But I have always wanted a darker color so that i could experiment with henna.
Other than that, I am content with the thickness of the back of my hair; but it is thinner on the sides. It sometimes drives me crazy when wearing it up, since my scalp can be seen between the strands on the sides with some hairstyles.
I have always complained about the frizzing but I am managing it well with oils thanks to the LHC :) I still have much to learn about how to please my hair :)