PDA

View Full Version : splits on a plane

kitten1986
October 10th, 2010, 02:08 PM
So during a 6 hour plane trip to my vacation I was really bored haha so I started looking at my ends and MAN can you see every single little bit of damage when you are sitting in a plane (next to the window)
I have been doing s&d and I finally thought my hair was starting to look good with less splits and damage, but this has made me realise that my hair is FULL of it!! :(

I think it might have something to do with the light through the window not being filtered by clouds or something but my splits and white dots almost looked fluro in my dark hair, it was pretty scary!
I am resolved to get a good trim when I get home luckily my damage is concentrated around the ends, and I am kindof glad I saw it because it gives me a better indication of how healthy my hair is.

Has anyone else noticed this before?

(hehe I kindof wish that I had some scissors up there because I would have put in a good s&d session, pity you arent allowed sharp objects on the plane)

pinkbunny
October 10th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Hmmm, I rarely fly so I can't say I've had the same experience - but it does seem like whenever I do notice lots of white dots or splits it's usually when I can't get to a decent pair of scissors and it drives me crazy! lol

Toadstool
October 10th, 2010, 02:19 PM
When my hair was longer I used to notice all the splits on trains.

Honeylove
October 12th, 2010, 09:00 AM
When I'm on a train it seems that my hair is totally drying out and I notice more split ends than usual. It's worst when I wear it in a braid; updos seem to give some protection.

My hair is probably just the mirror of my soul. I hate to ride the train. My hair looks exactly the way I feel then. :p

Venefica
October 12th, 2010, 04:32 PM
If Naomi Cambell looks to long into a mirror, do you not think she would notice every little flaw as well, and she is one of the most beautiful women in the world alive today. Give yourself a good home spa hair treatment and try to remember not to be to critical of yourself, it is human hair, a work of art by the Gods, it is not perfect, it is not meant to be perfect. I am sure is it not as bad as you think it is when you take the time to look for flaws.

Jenn of Pence
October 12th, 2010, 07:04 PM
It is a shame that one can't take S&D scissors on the plane...I love to snip, and you're right, it seems like the perfect time to do it. :D

krismuse
November 1st, 2010, 05:14 PM
I was under the impression that small scissors were allowed now, if the blades are shorter than four inches. So, I guess that depends on your s&d scissors. ;) Ah, yes, here we go: http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm

I find planes are drying in general, but I only noticed it on my skin in the past. I'll have to be more aware of how my hair reacts when I'm flying home at Christmas - I might need some extra deep-conditioning!