PDA

View Full Version : Told to leave hair to grow

Sunny_side_up
October 10th, 2010, 02:30 PM
This time last year a friend of mine had started planning her wedding. She got married the other week.
Her bridesmaids were given strict orders to not cut their hair. She also left her hair alone (the wedding hair was curls and ringlets) they all had good growth and were passing BSL.

There was alot of hair straightening on the eve of the hen party, i was loving their lengths, but the general thing i heard was they were looking forward to all cutting and re-styling:rolleyes: the boyfriend of one of them said it would be nice if she kept her hair round breast length if she must cut, he liked the length, she wanted to go back to shoulder.

I must admit i would have wanted to do trims, as i decided on ridding myself of layers and plan on growing out more even hemline, but if i had someone say no cutting i think i would be very much near BSL, i feel i would have gained in quantity but quality would've decreased.
Beginning a Journey to BSL with the desire to enjoy sock bun curls!!:D

Meaghan
October 10th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I'm not sure how nice it was of the bride to forbid her maids from cutting :P

I love my sock bun curls! They look so pretty, and I love the bun itself.

Sunny_side_up
October 10th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I'm not sure how nice it was of the bride to forbid her maids from cutting :P

I love my sock bun curls! They look so pretty, and I love the bun itself.
I was looking at some lovely youtube posts, i must admit i don't do that much style wise with my hair at the moment, but.. with a bit more length...:D

Oh yes, they also had to wear strapless during the summer as the bridesmaid dresses were not to be seen with tan lines:rollin:i was actually supposed to be one at first but things ended up being reorganised, erm, glad i got out of that i guess;)

Meaghan
October 10th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Eep, bridezillas :P I'd be like, "I'm here to enjoy and celebrate this day with you, not be told what I can and can't do with my body."

And then show up with massive tan lines XD

Sunny_side_up
October 10th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Eep, bridezillas :P I'd be like, "I'm here to enjoy and celebrate this day with you, not be told what I can and can't do with my body."

And then show up with massive tan lines XD

Lol :D the uptight, stressed, anxiety riddled atmosphere that is the build up to a wedding can bring out the worst in people. Best not get too involved, as i have so learned.

I don't think i'd go a year without cutting, six months is my maximum i'd say then i'd have a small trim then continue from there

Meaghan
October 10th, 2010, 03:21 PM
A year is my goal :) So trims, S&D, nothing. Mostly because I just don't like the scissors :P

Lamb
October 10th, 2010, 03:27 PM
:rolleyes: I think the "I'm not here to decorate your world, even on your wedding day" line applies.
If she is so picky about her bridesmaids' looks, why not get half a dozen mannequins and set them up in a row behind her? Geez. :rolleyes:

enfys
October 10th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Hah! I wouldn't be bridesmaid for someone who said that, and I can't think I know anyone who would suggest it. I'd be too horrified at the monster they'd become.

Not cutting for a year is not an option for some people; there are those who need to trim to have the ends they want. For example, people who hate the growth rate difference on one side compared to the other.

She has some pretty selfless friends to have done that for her, especially when they hated it themselves! I hope she appreciated them.

princessp
October 10th, 2010, 03:50 PM
:rolleyes: I think the "I'm not here to decorate your world, even on your wedding day" line applies.
If she is so picky about her bridesmaids' looks, why not get half a dozen mannequins and set them up in a row behind her? Geez. :rolleyes:

No kidding, there is no way in hell I would be in this person's wedding!

Ohio Sky
October 10th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Well if you need a reason not to cut, I can invite everyone on LHC to my wedding and request that you all let your hair grow as long as possible in the meantime.

The catch is.... I'm never getting married!!! ;)

Carolyn
October 10th, 2010, 03:58 PM
She could have nicely requested that they grow out their hair instead of giving strict orders. Geesh, Bridezillas! :rolleyes:

LocustSpawning
October 10th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Wow... it always shocks me to think that people can actually blatantly act this way and not seem to care about it. I was recently invited to my partners sisters wedding, and was specifically requested not to wear my lip-ring! Can you believe it?! They invite me to their wedding, and then ask me not to look how I usually look?! Some people eh...

Meaghan
October 10th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Yeah, that is definitely unacceptable. I wouldn't want to be invited to a wedding and then asked to show up covering my small tattoo, nose piercing, ear piercings... hell no. If I'm good enough to be in your life the way I am, I'm good enough to be at your wedding too. I'm not friend-candy.

x0h_bother
October 10th, 2010, 08:27 PM
One of my friends got married and told my other friend who has CL hair to 'grow hers long' in 3-6 months for the wedding. Needless to say, my CL friend did not get near SL by then. She did get pretty highlights. I thought it was pretty Bridezilla of my friend to say that, although I agree that my CL friend looks better with longer hair.
Ironically, my married friend shortly after the wedding cut her then BSL hair really short. :rolleyes: