PDA

View Full Version : Singin' the hair Blaaaahs

AspenSong
October 10th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Anyone ever have a period of time where you just are Blah about your hair? I'm having one of those and need some encouragement!

My hair is very super-fine, and it makes it hard to really style it (for me anyway) into anything that's not coming apart usually in 20 minutes. Plus, being so super fine it does snag and break easily and I've got so much fine breakage around my neck and around my ears that it makes me...self conscious or something when I put my hair up because I have all that "fluff" that's there and it makes me feel like it looks bad. And to top all my Blahs off, I'm just an insanely slow grower and the last month or so I've been going through this monster shed (ever since we got back from vacation to TN) and I swear I feel like I'm going to be bald soon - I don't have a lot of hair to begin with . *sigh*
It's all just adding up to me just not lovin' my hair lately. And a bad case of Hair Envy torwards all the lucky girls out there with the thick, super hair! =/

Dreams_in_Pink
October 10th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Here goes the encouragement:

You have 1a hair!! That's the awesomest hairtype ever!! (thin or thick, doesn't matter) You probably don't even know what frizz means! You can just wash your hair with a sulfate poo and it will look "presentable" when it air-dries. You won't be shocked at the massive ball of frizzy poofy mess and wonder how you'll make it look okay.

I really mean these, by the way. All types of hair has ups and downs.

AspenSong
October 10th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Thanks ;)
I know, you're right...everyone's hair has it's up's and downs. I mean, I've got hair that's so naturally pin straight it's got to be the envy of someone who has to straighten theirs! hehe.
I just get in a funk now and then where I long for the 4" diameter ponytail of fast growing, hair of my dreams!

RitaPG
October 10th, 2010, 04:38 PM
*raises hand*

I have somewhat thick hair, in a way that it has no taper, which makes it impossible to even make a nautilus bun at BSL length, the easiest bun in the universe. I also want to braid my hair with ribbon and bun it, but it's still too short to even make one decent turn on itself. I also lost a lot of hair about a year ago, and while it's all growing back now (yay!:D) I have this stupid finge that is taking forever to grow and pokes my eyes lol.
I do love my hair, but it's taking forever to grow and all I can seem to do with it is a french braid or a cinnamon bun. It gets boring.

For what it's worth I also envy your pin straight hair:o

pepperminttea
October 10th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Is there anything you could do to make yourself fall back in love with your hair again? Perhaps an S&D session with an audiobook, or an SMT. I find that gets me out of a hair funk. :)

~Bluemoon~
October 10th, 2010, 08:20 PM
I've only recently become accepting of my hair, like within the past two years and I'm 23! Haha, anyways, maybe a consultation with a hair dresser might be a good idea. I know you don't want to lose any more hair, but they might be able to give you some suggestions on styling it and protecting it. Seems like when I'm having problems with my hair, getting it cut seems to help.

Also, I've also had vacations that eat away at my hair. I remember one where I came back and my hair was STRAW. Not cool. If that's the case, just get back into your routine and you'll be fine :)

AspenSong
October 10th, 2010, 11:13 PM
@pepperminttea - I don't know, but that's def a good idea! :)