PDA

View Full Version : 1st CO (hair + conditioner = love), and minor cut

puredoxyk
May 26th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Well, I was getting sick of having no fringe -- my hair just doesn't look good all pulled back -- and contemplating with some anxiety the idea of going to a salon, after all the work I've done to try and take care of my hair. Finally I decided to cut it myself...and I'm glad I did. I was very, very conservative, putting in the barest of face-frames, and it was free and did nothing nasty to my hair; and now I can always go back and trim some more if I want or need to. This should be enough so that a little falls out when I put it back, though.

*whew*

Also, I did my first CO, after finally getting my hair to recover from the Baking Soda fiasco when it began to Hate Conditioner. I used most of the rest of the old Mane & Tail conditioner I had laying around. Afterwards, my hair felt better than it has in months, at least! It's finally not dry and not greasy! This morning is the beginning of DD2, and aside from being a little flat, it's still fine -- good enough to go out with for sure, though it'd look better if I put it back. Still, that's very good for me; I never make it past DD1 usually.

So, tonight I'll try another CO and we'll see if my luck holds. I do wonder how often I can expect to need to "clarify", and how to tell when to, but I'll get there when I get there I guess. ;)

FrannyG
May 26th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I'm so happy that your self-trim went well. I think you made a good decision to do it yourself, because hair salons are really much better at cutting a "style" than giving a very conservative trim. It feels good to be in total control of your own hair, doesn't it?

I CO my hair, and I find I don't need to clarify very often at all. I don't use cones though. If you use cones, you may need to clarify a little more often.

You can usually tell when your hair needs clarifying when your hair looks a little bit dull, and when the ends feel slightly like Velcro. I hope that helps. :flowers:

puredoxyk
May 27th, 2008, 03:44 AM
That's very helpful, thanks! I CO'd again this morning, and hopefully it works...almost anything works *once* on me, so the second time is the charm.

Your hair is *gorgeous*, btw. Whatever you're doing, it's working! ;)