PDA

View Full Version : I felt like crying

tigr
October 8th, 2010, 10:58 AM
On Sunday, I got my shoulder-length hair up into a bun! With a fork-type thingy I got at wal-mart! And it stayed up! Even though there was a slight breeze! I left the house and visited with friends and I felt so elegant.

This is something I've always wanted. But when I've had long hair through the years, I didn't know how to put it up, and didn't know how to find toys. It never occurred to me to look in the hair section at the supermarket. And I'm not sure there would have been much there during those years.

But thanks to the magic of the internet, this forum, and all of you, I knew about this toy (Goody Modern Updo), knew where to look for it, and knew what to do with it!

I'm so happy! I might even join the updo challenge!

Whee!

Thanks LHC!

:cheese:

Calaelen
October 8th, 2010, 11:00 AM
:D this thread makes me so happy, I love that feeling of elegance, and accomplishment, when I am able to do something new with my hair.

Amraann
This just made me smile:)

Good for you!!!

Gumball
That's really awesome. Congratulations on finally being able to do that, tigr! Here's to many more updos along your journey! :hollie:

angelfell
October 8th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Wonderful :D! I'm so glad to hear that! I'm up-do stupid :p so it's nice to hear someone is getting the hang of it.

Unofficial_Rose
October 8th, 2010, 11:12 AM
That is fantastic. You know, my whole life I used to cut my hair once it got past my shoulders because I didn't realise the different updos/braids etc that were available.

LHC is amazing. Enjoy your new updoability :)

Katharina
October 8th, 2010, 11:14 AM
this is fantastic! enjoy your hair :):):)

linda g
October 8th, 2010, 11:38 AM
yay!!!!!! :)

LittleOrca
October 8th, 2010, 11:40 AM
I am so glad you had a good experience! I read the title and was worried I had to do some comforting!*hugs*

That is a wonderful moment indeed!

Intransigentia
October 8th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Congratulations!

What updo are you going to try next?

<Enabling>
If you can do a bun, you almost definitely have enough hair for a peacock twist, and maybe enough for a French pleat/twist. If you want to do those though, you might find it easiest with a flexi-8 or an African butterfly comb.
</Enabling>

Capybara
October 8th, 2010, 12:08 PM
How exciting! I'd love to see the fork you used - sounds neat!

camara
October 8th, 2010, 01:29 PM
:) Good for you! Well done. :)

MrsGuther
October 8th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Awww that's awesome! I'm glad you succeeded with your updo! Congratulations and happy growing to you!!!

melrose1985
October 8th, 2010, 01:44 PM
YAH! Kudos to you! Even with BSL I still am not good with updos!

LaurelSpring
October 8th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Congratulations!! I've had those moments when I learned a new updo or finally mastered a bun. It is such a great feeling of accomplishment. Of course, not many non LHC regular hair people get too excited about those things. Im so grateful for this forum to be able to learn and share. It has been such a blessings for me. :grouphug:

tinti
October 8th, 2010, 02:21 PM
This thred made me smile :D Congrats and lots of happy cheese to you! :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

tigr
October 8th, 2010, 02:25 PM
How exciting! I'd love to see the fork you used - sounds neat!

This is what it looks like: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__SKkT9OVMbQ/TGGg2A4S1gI/AAAAAAAAFjU/l8BFqjDwEdk/s1600/1-5.JPG

I was looking at metal forks on an artist's website, and I realized, "It's a fork! I own a fork!"

This is what it looks like in the packaging: http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.Drugstore.com/prodimg/299232/300.JPG

marisa
October 8th, 2010, 02:35 PM
That's so nice!! :)

I was debating about getting one of those myself but thought my hair might be too short.
You've inspired/enabled me!!!

jera
October 8th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Congrats. That's so cool. It's surprising how many places excellent hair toys lurk once you've discovered how to hunt them down. :)

excentricat
October 8th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Congratulations! It's a great feeling of accomplishment isn't it.

Alvrodul
October 8th, 2010, 03:38 PM
That is just so great! :cheer:
I know that I am trying things with my hair that I would not otherwise have done if I had not found instructions here and thought to myself, "that looks cool, I want to try it!"

Macaroni
October 8th, 2010, 03:48 PM
This is such a sweet post, congratulations!

growing2shine
October 8th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Congratulations! This thread really made me smile and think of when I learned my first bun. before that I always had my hair in a low ponytail, and in the end of the day I would always end up with a tangled mess. Im happy for your hairy succes! :p
And happy growing! :cheer:

TinaDenali
October 8th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Oh, yay!! What a fantastic milestone for you :blossom:

jojo
October 8th, 2010, 04:19 PM
its lovely when you can do something new with your hair and real proof that your hair is growing; the worlds your oyster now it just gets better!

embee
October 8th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Good for you! I remember my first successful updo and how delighted I was. At last I didn't have to look so dreary with stringy hair hanging down.... ;)

pepperminttea
October 8th, 2010, 06:03 PM
I am so glad you had a good experience! I read the title and was worried I had to do some comforting!*hugs*

Me too! Such a lovely post - good for you. :)

Demetrue
October 8th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Congratulations on your new-found bun elegance!

FrannyG
October 8th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I felt like crying when I read your post. :heartbeat I am so touched by your words, and so happy that you have this new-found ability. I look forward to hearing about you mastering yet more elegant styles. :blossom:

tigr
October 8th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Thank you all for celebrating with me!
:)

Intransigentia - Thanks for the suggestions!