PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Stargate Universe Hairstyle

Themyst
October 8th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Anybody here watch Stargate Universe?

There is a hairstyle that TJ (the medic) wears when she has her hair up. I'm trying to figure out how to do it. I don't know if I'd be able to do it at all with my length, but perhaps I could figure out a variation.

ETA: Oops, I see someone already did a thread on this earlier in the year: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46545

morecowbell
October 8th, 2010, 08:46 AM
My DBF watches it, and I do by default ;)
From what I can tell, it's rows of twisted hair going straight back from her hairline, and then twisted up into little bitty buns (probably held with pins or small claw clips) with the last inch or two of the buns left loose to give the illusion of shorter hair. I've always wondered why she's wasting so much time doing something that intricate every day! :laugh:

Beldaran
October 8th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I agree.

I've also said to my husband "They're low on supplies, but TJ has the equipment she needs to do her hair like that everyday? Eventually those little clips she must use will break."

Themyst
October 8th, 2010, 08:51 AM
I've always wondered why she's wasting so much time doing something that intricate every day! :laugh:

I've wondered the same ... and how nice it is that no one's hair looks stringy or greasy even though they're always rationing and short on water ... :rolleyes:

morecowbell
October 8th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I've wondered the same ... and how nice it is that no one's hair looks stringy or greasy even though they're always rationing and short on water ... :rolleyes:

Hahaha! Oh the magic of television! :D

Calaelen
October 8th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Hi! I have a very similar looking style in my album, I've never seen this show, and my style was inspired by a character in the independent film Ink. One thing I will note is that TJ's hairstyle is done with her hair between chin and shoulder length, and when you see her with the longer hair down, it is a wig. There is no way to do this exact style with our length, but if you'd like check out my style in my albums, there is an explanation of how to do it here http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1111448#post1111448, explanation at reply #46 and all you'd really have to change is to do the twists much looser on the top.

Hope that helps. :)

Themyst
October 8th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks, Calaelen, I'll wait for your link then.

Calaelen
October 8th, 2010, 09:07 AM
link posted. :)

Coffeebug
October 8th, 2010, 12:47 PM
I love Stargate Universe, but did also wonder about all the hair faffing that must have been going on LOL

Themyst
October 8th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Okay, so I looked at some directions on similar hairstyles (thanks Calaelen).

My hair is now knee length (must update my siggy pic), so I think I could manage the little twisties in the front, but I don't think there is any way I could manage all the little buns in the back. I'd have to wear a million clips.

So, I'm thinking that maybe I could put my hair in curlers, and when dry, do the six or so twisties in the front, and without brushing my curls out, bring them up somehow and let them hang in the back. I just don't know how to bring the curls up and secure them though. I don't think one of those circular 'banana' clips would hold all my mess! :hmm: