PDA

View Full Version : anyone have problems with their bun being off centre??

bunzfan
October 8th, 2010, 05:21 AM
I was wondering if this just happens to me as i am left handed because when i do a lazy wrap unless i started wrapping my hair totally off center to the right it ends up to near to my ear on my left side, and as i am a bit of a perfectionist it seriously drives me nuts!

Bonny
October 8th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Yes, this happens to me a lot with the lazy wrap bun. I have to start it off-centre to make it end up centred. Unless I'm doing a vertical lazy wrap.

My cinnabuns are starting to be off-centre, too, but I haven't yet figured out why...

bunzfan
October 8th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Yes, this happens to me a lot with the lazy wrap bun. I have to start it off-centre to make it end up centred. Unless I'm doing a vertical lazy wrap.

My cinnabuns are starting to be off-centre, too, but I haven't yet figured out why...

Thanks Bonny i was starting to think it was just me, this is the only bun that looks good on me with my length i hate small buns.:)

enfys
October 8th, 2010, 06:38 AM
It happens to me to. It takes so many goes to get a decent Infinity bun I don't bother with them! At least the Lazy Wrap is a quick one to redo.

With the Cinnamon bun, it could now be off centre because you have enough hair to make a half loop; maybe before your bun was like this ((o)) but now it's like this (((o)) and off centre?

I don't know a cure for the problem anyway!

podo
October 8th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Several different buns I wear end up off-center, and it drives me crazy. It-must-come-down-and-be-redone crazy. I just try to remember which ones seem to offset to the left and start them a little to the right, or vice versa. The only problem is when I'm doing braids - sometimes it takes too long to rebraid part or all of your head, so I just use a different style.

Neneka
October 8th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Always and it annoys me! I can't go anywhere with my hair in an off-centered bun! Just can't.

bunzfan
October 8th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Always and it annoys me! I can't go anywhere with my hair in an off-centered bun! Just can't.

I know the feeling sometimes i have to re-do my hair 4-5 times, i am sure no one would actually notice but i know its not quite right :rolleyes:

pepperminttea
October 8th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Mine are always slightly to my right; I'm right-handed, so I twist that way, which is probably why. Unless it's so far off-centre that it feels unbalanced on my head, I don't really worry about it. :)

torrilin
October 8th, 2010, 08:15 AM
I wouldn't really worry about it. A lot of us have asymmetrical facial features to begin with, so having asymmetry in our hairstyle can look very good. And a lot of formal hairstyles involve decorative accents on an asymmetrical version of a simple updo.

As an illustration of a hairstyle, a tidy, centered back of the head shot is perfect. For real life, that probably isn't what you want.

FrannyG
October 8th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Yes, it happens to me all the time. If there is a particular bun that is always off centre to the same side, I do try to adjust my starting spot, and often once I do that enough times, I start making it to look centred.

If it's not centred though, it really doesn't bother me all that much. If I've learned nothing else from my time at LHC, I've learned that everything doesn't have to be perfect.

Sundial
October 8th, 2010, 08:38 AM
I always get that! I have only started getting the hang of LWBs lately and I thought the issue was with me. :rolleyes:

SimplyViki
October 8th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Yup, happens to me all the time. I finally quit caring, as long as it's not sticking out on one side of my head when I look straight in the mirror.

Anje
October 8th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Yep, I get this a lot. I'm a righty, and my buns often are shifted a bit to the left. The only one I can figure out a good reason for is braided buns, where the braid is definitely centered, but the base is fatter than the braid by the time it wraps to the other side.

Gumball
October 8th, 2010, 10:02 AM
It happens to me a lot, too. I figure if it's close enough to the center, and looks well enough that it isn't glaringly, annoyingly off, then I don't mind too much. Also it's tough to bring yourself to redo something when it looks good! Getting comfortable with that mindset reduced a lot of the frustration that tended to result in having to redo the style over and over until it was just right. Minor complacency with styling. It's a time saver! :D

habioku
October 8th, 2010, 10:26 AM

I do it the same way :lol:.

bunzfan
October 8th, 2010, 11:19 AM
I feel so much better now knowing its not something i am doing wrong.I used to be a hairdresser years a go so i thought it was just me being slightly obsessed about getting the hairstyle right..but it seems to happen to lots of you.

katha
October 8th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I have the same problem, it drives me insane. As a result, I don't wear buns much.

Maybe a coincidence, but for me it's mostly the LWB as well. And I'm also left-handed.

rags
October 8th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I have to start the LWB off center or it ends up too far to the left if I use my right hand or to the right if I've used my left (ambidextrous :p ). Other buns I don't have too much of a problem with usually. Oh, except the orchid bun! No matter how much I try, that one always ends up slightly off center. I've learned to live with it.

VitisVinifera
October 8th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Yes, I always have to start over at least once! If I just can't get it looking right, I use some kind of clip instead of sticks which seem to emphasize the off-ness.

yassi
October 8th, 2010, 01:17 PM
My hair is always more to the left when its up or braided. I've just given up, really....

MrsGuther
October 8th, 2010, 01:46 PM
99% of the time I put my hair up in a bun I feel that it is at least slightly off center. It annoys me and I try to fix it... but I usually end up messing with it so much that I just take it down. I'm not really the biggest fan of buns on myself because I feel like it makes me look as if I don't have that much hair... my hair is only BSL and I think when my hair gets to waist length or TBL I will definitely like wearing buns a whole lot more.

MrsGuther
October 8th, 2010, 01:51 PM
I was wondering if this just happens to me as i am left handed because when i do a lazy wrap unless i started wrapping my hair totally off center to the right it ends up to near to my ear on my left side, and as i am a bit of a perfectionist it seriously drives me nuts!

I am right handed, but I tend to do my hair with my left because my mom and my sister (who taught me how to do most of my hairstyles) are left handed. Maybe there is some truth to the lefty theory! Who knows though? :)

princessp
October 8th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Yes, I don't really mind if it is a little off. I simply go about my day with a wonky bun. :)