PDA

View Full Version : Set your goal length with me!

mariika
October 7th, 2010, 11:18 PM
In a year I'm gonna hit technical waist (i.e. waist length when wet) so now this is my goal length! Sounds realistic to me:) Hopefully, it will grow at rate at least 10 cms per year.
Anyone wants to set their goal length?

desuvsdeath
October 7th, 2010, 11:33 PM
My goal is BSL. But it's probably a good two years off. /sigh.
In theory... waist length or longer hair sounds wonderful... but I just don't think it'd look good on me.

mariika
October 8th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Well, given your hair type and thickness it should look great!

Dreams_in_Pink
October 8th, 2010, 12:50 AM
My short-term goal is BSL. It's a milestone length for me as i'll be able to wet-set my hair without getting the 'fro :) Long term goal is tailbone; ultimate goal is virgin, all one length tailbone (which will take at least 5 years)

pepperminttea
October 8th, 2010, 01:09 AM
I'm about three years away from my goal length of classic, probably four with trims. But I am hoping to hit hip in a year or so, and tailbone in a couple of years. :)

jera
October 8th, 2010, 01:36 AM
My short term goal is classic, but in good condition and with a thicker hemline. :D When you say this year's goal, do you mean before the end of 2010 or within the next calendar year? :confused:

FoxRain
October 8th, 2010, 01:43 AM
My goal is tailbone. But I'm a good 5-6 years away from that *sigh.
Until then, apl and waist are lenghts I'm looking forward to.

mariika
October 8th, 2010, 01:48 AM
My short term goal is classic, but in good condition and with a thicker hemline. :D When you say this year's goal, do you mean before the end of 2010 or within the next calendar year? :confused:

I wrote 'in a year' so it's October 8, 2011. By that day I am hopefully technically waist:) yay for that

Neneka
October 8th, 2010, 02:44 AM
Hip (or tailbone... or classic...) length would be nice but I really doubt that my hair will grow that long. I don't know. My hair has never been longer than this. It grows well and it is healthy but still I doubt that I would be able to grow it beyond waist...

constantki
October 8th, 2010, 02:54 AM
My goal right now is to get to classic. It is about 2-3 years away though.

Harriet
October 8th, 2010, 03:23 AM
My goal was originally waist, but now that I'm there it diesn't feel long!! My new goal is tail bone.

lw8666
October 8th, 2010, 11:11 AM
My goal for now is BSL! It'll be approximately one year! 5-6 more inches to go!

LocustSpawning
October 8th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Waist length would be perfect for me. Still quite far off though :(... Only APL at the moment.

4ourgrls
October 8th, 2010, 11:21 AM
I want to get to waist, I am pretty new at this, so I have no idea how long it will take to get there. lol

purple_figtree
October 8th, 2010, 11:26 AM
My goal is classic length, but İ still have nearly six inches to go. I am guessing that will take a few years.

Chestershire
October 8th, 2010, 11:26 AM
my goal is hip. But only if it looks healthy, otherwise I'm going for waist. My hair grows 2 cm a month, and I'm now at 40 cm. How long is hiplenght? in cm?

Qwackie
October 8th, 2010, 11:34 AM
In a year I'll probably be BSL, but my goal's waist. So far away. D:

Capybara
October 8th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Chestershire, hip length varies from person to person, but on me it's about 33 inches. :)

I'm 3 inches away from classic (my goal), but in a year I hopefully will have classic length hair with a thicker hemline than what I have now :)

Irnann
October 8th, 2010, 11:52 AM
My goal is first tb. I am not sure if my hair grows that long. It will take at least another two years to go there.
My dream would be classic, but i doubt thats just a dream.

sophiamarie
October 8th, 2010, 11:55 AM
My goal is BSL. Then all layers to BSL. Probably longest layer is 6-8 months away. Shortest layer I'm not sure. After all one length, thanks to LHC I will set a new longer goal.

enfys
October 8th, 2010, 12:16 PM
This time next year I should be into maintaining at classic length. Once I feel enough of my layers are gone I will move on to fingertip length.

DH seems to be gunning for me to grow to knee...I think he wants a circus freak for a wife :D

Brianna
October 8th, 2010, 12:52 PM
My long-term goal is classic. I should be at tailbone by the end of this year, but classic is still a long way off.

RachieBaby
October 8th, 2010, 12:52 PM
By next July/August I should definitely be BSL (if everything goes well...) but I think my main goal is hip which will obviously take another few years lol :) ahhh well! :D

Pixna
October 8th, 2010, 12:55 PM
My first goal is waist, and I should get there in about a year to a year and a half. My long-term goal is at least hip, but maybe thigh or fingertip. We'll see!

YesitsReal
October 8th, 2010, 01:21 PM
My goal is hip with a good hemline. It'll probably take me a little less than two years to get there, and likely another year to get a good, straight hemline out of my layers. I may decide to keep the layers, though. I kind of like them, and they make my hair look more voluminous. :D

angelfell
October 8th, 2010, 01:45 PM
My short term goal is BSL. It's currently about APL I believe, and my main goal that I will celebrate like a mad woman is waist length. I'm thinking I will probably reach from APL to BSL within 6 months, give or take. My hair, from my experience, grows relatively fast, and if I can do anything to make it grow faster, believe me I will :p. To waist length? I'd guesstimate a year and a half, maybe?

mariika
October 8th, 2010, 02:26 PM
My goal for now is BSL! It'll be approximately one year! 5-6 more inches to go!
If we are talking about dry hair that's my goal too! Because when dry and curly it's not always even apl...... Basically, I have dry hair bsl on really good days of minimum wave, so reaching solid bsl is my goal as well!

Hip (or tailbone... or classic...) length would be nice but I really doubt that my hair will grow that long. I don't know. My hair has never been longer than this. It grows well and it is healthy but still I doubt that I would be able to grow it beyond waist...
My doubts exactly, don't wanna set goals I will never achieve... But I think I will try to grow for as long as it grows - wanna check my terminal length.

I want to get to waist, I am pretty new at this, so I have no idea how long it will take to get there. lol
From your profile picture looks like waist is two-three years away for you, depending on your hair growth rate.

My goal is classic length, but İ still have nearly six inches to go. I am guessing that will take a few years.
I don't even want to think about things like that. I only hope I will be still young when I have really long hair....

my goal is hip. But only if it looks healthy, otherwise I'm going for waist. My hair grows 2 cm a month, and I'm now at 40 cm. How long is hiplenght? in cm?
Varies - you can use tape measure to get your numbers because they depend on your body structure and height.

In a year I'll probably be BSL, but my goal's waist. So far away. D:
Don't be sad! Enjoy the process!!! Think that everything you are doing right now for your hair is an investment. When you actually have hair - you can never appreciate it, but when you waited for it for a long, long time - you will treasure it so much more! Actually, when you reach your goal it might be a bit difficult moment of so what now? So better just have that moment somewhere far, far in the future. For the future Qwackie to deal with the frustration ;)

DH seems to be gunning for me to grow to knee...I think he wants a circus freak for a wife :D
I say grow your hair as long as you can, look at it - and if you don't really feel it you can always cut a little bit off. Who knows, maybe knee would look stunning on you. I saw some pictures that where really impressive (though knee looks REALLY bad on many...)

d1angel
October 8th, 2010, 02:42 PM
My first goal is BSL. Not sure if I'm going to hit it in a year, though, my hair is just below my shoulders now.

TinaDenali
October 8th, 2010, 02:43 PM
My goal is TBL, and I should be there in less than a year, I hope. I made it from chin length to waist in two years, so I suppose I should make TBL in less than a year. :)

princessp
October 8th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Tailbone is my goal and I'm at waist. I feel like my hair is so short right now. I think I need to be at 38" to get to tail. It is so hard to say when it will actually look like tailbone though because my hair is wavy/curly.

pennyroyal
October 8th, 2010, 02:58 PM
My ultimate goal is knee. I've got some years to go before i get there tho. :( haha. But i am looking very forward to having hair to my knees! I am gonna guesstimate it will take another 5 years. We shall see...

growing2shine
October 8th, 2010, 03:09 PM
My ultimate goal is somewhere between classic length and thigh (if possible:pray:). Right now im quite close to waist, and when I hit waist im planing to (maybe:hmm:) maintain a couple of months, and then grow on to tailbone.

So in next year at this time I will be at tailbone! :D

longhairtobe
October 8th, 2010, 03:22 PM
i do i do! i want to be waist length by this time next year. we are in the same boat :pumpkin:

jojo
October 8th, 2010, 03:26 PM
In ayear from now I hope to be hip length or at least past a solid waist, im just touching waist right now.

Kristin
October 8th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Gosh, I haven't even thought about a year from now. I just hit waist and my goal right now is hip, where I should be at sometime in the Spring. I may revise my goal, though. :) If I continue to grow without any major trims this year, I suppose I could be close to BCL a year from now. Crazy to even imagine.:D

JenniferNoel
October 8th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I have a very realistic and modest goal of hip length, I can do the best up-dos and braids and it is also short enough to not be a nuisance, and to wear down more frequently. I should be there soon enough. Patience and up-dos. My hair grows about two to three inches per month (thanks ginseng/castor oil!).

longblondetan
October 8th, 2010, 04:38 PM
My Ultimate goal is hip length, but I still have to get passed APL BSL and WL :(.

Islandgrrl
October 8th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I'm still aiming for terminal.

I expect to be at classic in about a year and I will re-evaluate then. I'm finding that at tailbone my hair is beginning to become a bit of a pain in the a$$. Literally. This is a really awkward length for me.

LittleOrca
October 8th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Floooooooooooooooor

Lorisal
October 8th, 2010, 05:51 PM
My goal is hip length by the end of 2013.

Hylia
October 8th, 2010, 07:00 PM
My short term goal is BSL, my hair is about right at APL right now. But my long term goal is classic :)

tarn
October 8th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I am hoping to hit waist in about a year. I used to think BSL would look long, but now it seems so short. I normally grow about 1/2 inch per month.

Barniie
October 8th, 2010, 07:39 PM
My end of year goal is just above BSL or at BSL but my goal for next year in october is waistish or just above. That might be my long term goal aswell. :)

LoversLullaby
October 8th, 2010, 07:45 PM
What I would really love is one length hair that when braided reaches classic length. :) That's my real goal!

FrannyG
October 8th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I'm going to be at the bottom of BSL within a month or so, and a year from now, I hope to be in the midst of maintaining at waist length for a few months until the few inches of chemical damage that I have remaining are gone.

punkcatknitter
October 8th, 2010, 08:20 PM
My long term goal is classic, in a year I'd like to be tailbone or hip (can't remember which comes after waist, which I'm currently hovering above). That's probably too lofty of a goal (remember, I said that's where I'd like to be) so I'll settle for my hair feeling long. Right now my hair feels "sorta" long, but not really. I think at a solid waist it will feel long. :)

Wanderer09
October 8th, 2010, 08:26 PM
I waver between TB and classic. Won't know for sure until I get there, I guess.

mariika
October 9th, 2010, 03:59 AM
I'm still aiming for terminal.

I expect to be at classic in about a year and I will re-evaluate then. I'm finding that at tailbone my hair is beginning to become a bit of a pain in the a$$. Literally. This is a really awkward length for me.
I wish I had your problems :D

Floooooooooooooooor
AMBITIOUS!

i do i do! i want to be waist length by this time next year. we are in the same boat :pumpkin:
Well, not exactly, technical waist is much shorter than real waist, especially for curly hair........... *sigh* :)

My goal is TBL, and I should be there in less than a year, I hope. I made it from chin length to waist in two years, so I suppose I should make TBL in less than a year. :)
LUCKY

P.S. That's it, I am measuring my wet hair from now on, it's SO not fair to just measure dry hair, I washed my hair yesterday and it curled so freakin much it was shoulder length!!!!!

Dragon
October 11th, 2010, 02:26 AM
I don’t currently have one.

utdesertrunner
October 11th, 2010, 09:09 AM
My goal is BSL. That is the length that I last loved my hair, so I think that is a good place to aim for :)

Monsterkitti
October 11th, 2010, 09:19 AM
My goal is blunt hemline at waist by June next year which I think is possible. I would love to be coming up on hip a year from now :D

lesbia
October 11th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I'm at waist, my next goal is tailbone, which I wish I could reach in 6 mounths, then I'll wait for tailbone. My hair grow 10 cm at years...I will reach my ultimate goal in a years I wish :D

GrowingGlory
October 11th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I'm halfway to APL, and my goal is TBL or wherever my hair terminates.

MrsGuther
October 11th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I have been reevaluating my goal length recently... I measured to where classic length would be on me and thats 50 inches. Repeat 50 INCHES. (I'm 5'11) Sooooo seeing as that would take me forever and a day to get to and it would probably be way too aggravating at that length for me, I think I just want my hair to be down to my hip bones instead. :)

Cybelle
January 30th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Yay this is my first post! I've been reading a lot on here for a while now and am excited to join such a fine community of fellow hair lovers. My final goal is Classic which on me is around 39 inches. :happydance:

CaveB
January 31st, 2011, 01:33 AM
Super-short term is just getting it touch my shoulders again, Short term is APL, Final goal is somewhere around BSL, maybe a touch longer, but my hair is so thick, I don't think I'd be able to handle much more than that without going crazy from heat and headaches!

darklion
January 31st, 2011, 01:44 AM
My short term goal is waist length. I'm already pretty close... if I pull on my wet hair... it's around there. Once there, I need to learn all the hairdos that make maintaining that length feasible!! *fingers crossed*