PDA

View Full Version : Can I use heat protectant on dry hair?

julliams
October 7th, 2010, 06:20 PM
I want to straighten my hair for a girls night out tonight and I washed it yesterday. Can I put heat protectant on dry hair or do I need to wet it again?

shockinglength
October 7th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I think it's fine to use it on dry hair...just be sure that the protectant dries before you start straigtening =P (I learned this from experience)

julliams
October 7th, 2010, 06:37 PM
I just read this article which suggests using it on dry hair too so I'm guessing it's fine. Thanks
http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Protect-Your-Hair-From-Damage-When-Using-a-Flat-Iron

Capybara
October 7th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I've used heat protectant on dry hair - not the creamy kind, but a spray. I'm not sure how good/bad it is, though - what do they instructions on your heat protectant say? Maybe you could get away with putting it on dry hair.

ETA: Just saw your last post, glad to hear :) The new sig pic is beautiful by the way!

julliams
October 7th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks,
I love the pic but I almost deleted it because it's a bit out there.:o

MrsGuther
October 7th, 2010, 06:59 PM
I am pretty certain that you can use heat protectant on dry hair. I do that and it seems to work just fine. Oh btw I love your siggy picture! It's so cute!

julliams
October 7th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I just rang my local Kerastase salon (I'm using Nectar Thermique) and they said to use in towel dried hair (which to me is still wet) but he said almost dry. He said when the hair is dry my hair will drink it in and I might end up using too much. So I've gone ahead and wet my hair, used my microfibre towel and I'll let it dry a touch more before I put it in and comb it through.

This is what happens when I only straighten my hair about 4 times a year - I forget how to do it each time - lol!

kwaniesiam
October 7th, 2010, 07:28 PM
It depends on the product. Some are serums you can use on damp or dry hair. Some are sprays meant for dry hair, others are for wet only. Read the product label, it should give you a pretty good idea.

julliams
October 8th, 2010, 08:29 AM
It actually doesn't say anything on the product itself. It came in a box with a little piece of paper that had the directions for use on it which of course I threw away. It's a bit silly for them to do it this way.

KittyLost
October 9th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I use mine on dry hair :) Leave my hair to dry naturally then spritz a bit on my fringe.

Mine is Treseme's Heat Defence Spray.