PDA

View Full Version : I love you monistat!

Harriet
October 7th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I was just taking my monthly length shot and wanted to share with you all my progress since I've been using monistat and thank you for all the stuff i've learned here!
I started using it in July, and have applied the regular 2% cream after ever wash (2-3 times a week). I have trimmed and 2" off since July.
Here is my attempt at a progress compilation!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4711&pictureid=85176I'm so pleased with my progress. I'm painfully close to waist!
Or can I call this waist?

Dreams_in_Pink
October 7th, 2010, 03:10 PM
That's waist! :D congratulations!!

Rocket22
October 7th, 2010, 03:46 PM
darn another progress picture I can't see :( I've been posting just not enough.

utdesertrunner
October 7th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Congrats! Quite a bit of growth!

tinti
October 7th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Congrats! Wow, I really wish I could get my hands on some Monistat! Darn Norway who doesn't have stuff like that :p

LadyJennifer
October 7th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Congrats! Your hair is just beautiful too! :)

angelfell
October 7th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Wow o.o I need to get my hands on some of that! XD Looks GREAT!

MrsGuther
October 7th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Congratulations on your great progress Harriet! Your hair is very pretty. :)

Mike
October 7th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Does that work for guys too?

InTheCity
October 7th, 2010, 06:07 PM
...have applied the regular 2% cream after ever wash (2-3 times a week).

I'm so pleased with my progress.

So tell us more about your actual application.
How much you use
How exactly you apply (fingers, bottle, scalp only, parting, etc)
Whether your hair still wet or already dry after your wash but before you apply
Whether you rinse it our or leave it in

Do tell!

TessieAnn
October 7th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Check out the official Monistat thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156&page=206&highlight=monistat) for a wealth of discussion about different members' techniques and results.

30isthenewblack
October 7th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Does that work for guys too? Yes but you might get some more interesting looks when you buy it ;)

Mike
October 7th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Yes but you might get some more interesting looks when you buy it ;)

As long as it works who cares? Won't be the first time for interesting looks with my long hair :D.

30isthenewblack
October 7th, 2010, 07:05 PM
As long as it works who cares? Won't be the first time for interesting looks with my long hair :D.

:D I have to say that the Australian version - DAKTARIN Cream did work for me and now my second longest layer is waist straight and my longest layer is hip straight. However, it had an interesting side effect and made my skin flaky so I had to stop using it :o However, I have never used Monistat as such. It's definitely worth giving it a go in my opinion.

Mike
October 7th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Looks like there are a ton of different monistat choices. Which one do you buy for this?

30isthenewblack
October 7th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Check out the official Monistat thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156&page=206&highlight=monistat) for a wealth of discussion about different members' techniques and results. This will give you all the info you need Mike. It's a very long thread though - I warn you now!

christine1989
October 7th, 2010, 09:23 PM
That is definatly waist :). Way to go!

mariika
October 7th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Great hair! *Envy* :)))) Your hair looks gorgeous and I'm pretty sure it's CICTW, but I must say that kind of growth over the period from January to October is normal for hair and I'm not sure monistat did a miracle here.

julliams
October 8th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Great hair! *Envy* :)))) Your hair looks gorgeous and I'm pretty sure it's CICTW, but I must say that kind of growth over the period from January to October is normal for hair and I'm not sure monistat did a miracle here.

That's what I was thinking too. To the OP, had you had a stall in growth before using MN? For me personally I found it made no difference to my growth rate but everyone is different.

pepperminttea
October 8th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Wow, that's quite a bit of growth - congrats! :)

Harriet
October 8th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the lovely comments!
I've been applying just by massaging it onto my scalp neat with my fingers while my hair is still wet.
Perhaps the growth isn't that special but bear in mind that I didn't start using it unil after the july photo was taken and that the gap between the first to pics (showing my natural growth rate) is 6 months and the gap between each if the rest us one month.
I've been measuring and my average monthly growth and before MN it was 1/2" and since using it it has been 1".

MsEvans
October 8th, 2010, 04:06 AM
I just started using it again and I can't wait to see how my hair grows. Lovely growth, it looks like waist to me.