PDA

View Full Version : Uneven thickness?

MandyBeth
October 7th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Ok, noticing this some now. My right side is thinner than the left side. Yet, I sleep on my left side. So I have no idea what is going on, or if it's something I need to fix. Oh well, just had to share.

Alix
October 7th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Do you have a side part?
When I part my hair down the middle, the left is thicker then the right anyway, but I part it down the side so it's supposed to be uneven.

If you don't have a side part, maybe side part it? Balance out thickness?

Igor
October 7th, 2010, 04:33 PM
The left side of my hair is definitely thinner than the right side :shrug: Its especially the crown area that grows much denser on the right side. Not sure why it is. I’m a side sleeper too, but I don’t have a preferred side. I’m guessing its one of those normal asymmetrical things, like my hairline is more down my neck in the right side and the hairline at my left temple is slightly higher

RoseRedDead
October 7th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I have been told by one person who fiddled with my hair that my left side is thinner than my right... I don't think it really means much. The human body is not perfectly symmetrical.

For what it's worth, I part my hair every-which way, and I sleep in every position of which you can dream.

JenniferNoel
October 7th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Most people are certainly not symmetrical, whether it be the face, the body, the scalp, or everything in general, and it's very common to have a hair growth pattern that is asymmetrical, just by nature. The hair towards the back/bottom of my head tends to grow slower and have a shorter terminal length, and I tend to form a natural W-shaped hemline myself, and it's always been that way.
A good way to combat the lopsided look is a side part to balance everything out.