PDA

View Full Version : ~Misbehaving scalp~

ComplexBeauty
October 7th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Hi there!
So i have been in search of a natural shampoo and conditioner that doesnt upset my scalp. I had no problems with my scalp until about a yr ago i used Giovanni shampoo and conditioner. It seemed to ruin my scalp..it has never been the same. Since then, i have tried a lot of natural/organic brands and nothing has gotten rid of my itchy/flaky/irritated scalp. I'm not sure what was in the Giovanni shampoo that my scalp could not take. I wish i knew so i could avoid the ingr. Maybe you all could help?

little_cherry
October 7th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Hi there, and welcome!

Do you use conditioner on your scalp? Which Giovanni shampoo and conditioner did you use? It may have irritated an existing condition.

aenflex
October 7th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Unfortunately unless you are severly allergic, I don't think the Giovanni from a year ago is still affecting your scalp. Most likely it is something else, dandruff or psoriasis or something like that. Could be a number of factors contributing to your issue. Maybe the constant changing of products isn't helping either. I would try washing less, with something gentle and mild, and perhaps occasionally applying some light coconut oil to your scalp and massaging it for a bit?
Need to stop all the product experimenting and stick with one thing for a bit to see how it works for you, I would say.

ComplexBeauty
October 7th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Hi there, and welcome!

Do you use conditioner on your scalp? Which Giovanni shampoo and conditioner did you use? It may have irritated an existing condition.

I used both the 50/50 and the smooth as silk. I didnt really apply the conditioner on my scalp.

ComplexBeauty
October 7th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Unfortunately unless you are severly allergic, I don't think the Giovanni from a year ago is still affecting your scalp. Most likely it is something else, dandruff or psoriasis or something like that. Could be a number of factors contributing to your issue. Maybe the constant changing of products isn't helping either. I would try washing less, with something gentle and mild, and perhaps occasionally applying some light coconut oil to your scalp and massaging it for a bit?
Need to stop all the product experimenting and stick with one thing for a bit to see how it works for you, I would say.

I need one thing that works. I have been using aveda for months now and it works okay.